Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

With Aria's backstory it was already clear that nothing had happened, but making Chiyo gay and then not giving Aria at least a taste seems like a wasted opportunity. To me it'd have been more fun if Aria had already been a secret lover of Chiyo; especially if Ichiko then found out later.

I wouldn't have liked that, it would've made Ichika feel like she was just a replacement for Chiyo rather than being important to Aria in her own way. Chiyo "touched Aria's heart" but ultimately couldn't convince her not to die by her hand or that of one of her descendants while I assume that Ichika will actually convince her to stop wanting to die.

Exactly. And it’d be weird, falling in love with a grandmother then her grandchild. That’s just one step away from mother to daughter which is just ew. Also if I recall correctly it had said that ichika is arias first romantic experience right? It would bother me so much if they contradicted that. I was worried when chiyo was gay in case that did happen but having her be gay and have a platonic relationship was nice and kind of helps explain ichika’s comfort with her sexuality. It’s adorable that chiyo encouraged her to follow her heart and whatnot no matter what. Edit: went back to chapter one and yeah it already said it’s because of grandma off the bat but still.

Anyway did anyone else find the speed of their interactions almost jarring? Like was that over the course of a day? I know you can befriend someone in a day but their conversation felt to me like they knew each other at least a few days at the end there.

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 11:42AM

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

Not what I was expecting from these chapters, but I really like them! It was nice getting a backstory

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Q~Q

Dammit, here go the water works again. It's only 9am and I'm crying my eyes out.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Damn these backstory chapters on Chiyo... when Ichika turned around and Aria saw Chiyo as Ichika said “she was always smiling” that part really got to me.

I’m also curious about Chiyo’s life, did she actually fall for a man and raise a family because she wanted to? Or was she just doing so because of the era she lived in? She seemed happy enough so I’ll hope it was the former.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I’m also curious about Chiyo’s life, did she actually fall for a man and raise a family because she wanted to? Or was she just doing so because of the era she lived in? She seemed happy enough so I’ll hope it was the former.

I think the argument can be either way. The text is clear she's a lesbian, and I think she found happiness for herself. But the lack of interactions with her husband in the montage and presence of the kids instead would seem to say that's where she found her happiness. On the other hand, the way she was staring at that kitchen knife in the montage was pretty ambiguous and ominous. The final thought we're left with is that she was always smiling, so the knife and husband aside, it sounds like she enjoyed her life.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

To me it'd have been more fun if Aria had already been a secret lover of Chiyo; especially if Ichiko then found out later.

[telenovela intensifies]

That's an interesting take. But then, it does sound like a telenovela.

I actually appreciate the realness of Chiyo's situation. The accusation of her "friends" that Chiyo did not care about her best friend whom she was in love with seemed like rubbing salt to the wound. And that montage of Chiyo getting married to a husband and having a "normal" life, at least for me, shows that Chiyo was not happy by default. She CHOSE to be happy every now and then within the one short life she lived despite the pain of not having a family with her best friend, or not ending with Aria.

"She was smiling.". I teared up a little when Aria confirmed this with Ichika if Chiyo had been really happy. Couple that with the fact that Chiyo advised her granddaughter (and possibly her daughter before that) to follow her heart's desire makes me think that Chiyo strove hard to live life without regrets but then had fallen short due to circumstances she could not control.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^^ Even before that, Chiyo told Aria that she would've had the resolve to raise a kid for the sake of her family had her best friend still been alive, so she never once thought about living freely and she was already prepared to do what was expected of her. I feel she must've found whatever happiness she was able to within her restricted position, but her words to Aria about living freely and listening to her heart first heard in chapter 1 definitely show some regret and possibly relief that her granddaughter's life won't be as bound by strict rules as hers was.

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 12:53PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I feel she must've found whatever happiness she was able to within her restricted position, but her words to Aria about living freely and listening to her heart first heard in chapter 1 definitely show some regret and possibly relief that her granddaughter's life won't be as bound by strict rules as hers was.

Yes.

Also, 24 and 24.5 are well-crafted chapters. I love this manga but there are chapters that sometimes stand out from the other ones. And you gotta give it to Shou-sensei's ability to create an atmosphere that tugs at the heartstrings. Ngl, I often associate the NAME with, um, hentai but, damn, this mangaka's awesome at creating vulnerable yet strong characters.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

First.
I just love Chiyo's eyebrows. I had wanted to see more of her just because of that. Okay, it wasn't only for the eyebrows, I obviously wanted to see her back story... but the eyebrows were definitely part of the reason. That's not weird, right? xD

Second.

On the other hand, the way she was staring at that kitchen knife in the montage was pretty ambiguous and ominous.

I hadn't noticed that before reading your comment, but checking back on it I'm pretty sure she was looking at the knife because she was reminiscing about Aria.

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

This was really profound... WHAT THE HELL I just came back from a really heartbreaking doujin to heal the wounds, and now they're even deeper there. Really strong 2 chapters, really grateful for the reading~

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

The vagueness of Aria's healing piqued my interests. If you were to split Aria in half from head to toe, would both halves heal into a full Aria, or would the side with the most mass regenerate?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

But when ye come, and all the flowers are dying,

If I am dead, as dead I well may be,

Ye'll come and find the place where I am lying,

And kneel and say an Ave there for me;

And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me,

And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be,

For you will bend and tell me that you love me

And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

Come to me!

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Combining both Tense + Comedy and not failing abruptly is a rare thing yo,
The author sure has some knacks in writing.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

"A maiden with no sexual awareness" Well shit, looks like she has to wait for the next generation.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Bonus points to Higashiyama for using the actual Londonderry Air in the artwork, and not just some random musical symbols. And especially not that horrible quasi-music clip art that manga artists are so fond of. You know the one I mean.

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

Bonus points to Higashiyama for using the actual Londonderry Air in the artwork, and not just some random musical symbols. And especially not that horrible quasi-music clip art that manga artists are so fond of. You know the one I mean.

I think I don't know. Can you light my path? please

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 12:18PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I absolutely loved these two chapters, that last line really warmed my heart,

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I think I don't know. Can you light my path? please

Wouldn't you know it, I skimmed through about a dozen doujinshi under the Music tag and couldn't find a single example. I'll have to get back to you the next time it pops up.

joined Apr 14, 2018

wholesome chapters ... this manga is daring, ridiculous and deep at the same time. can't wait to see where Shou will take us with this.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I love this manga. The yuri is great the story the art. One of the best definetly high underrated

joined Apr 6, 2018

that was nicee

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

RIP Aria and Ichika's makeout time. Also I like how Sacchan accidentally recommended them a sexy lesbian horror movie because she fell asleep during the lewd parts.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

RIP Aria and Ichika's makeout time. Also I like how Sacchan accidentally recommended them a sexy lesbian horror movie because she fell asleep during the lewd parts.

Either that or she's actually an amazing wingman.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Finally a horror movie i'd watch till the end XD

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Lol, awesome chapter!

To reply you must either login or sign up.