joined Dec 12, 2017

Cliffhanger on the first page

Here we go, yeah.

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

Where did all the comments go?

joined Nov 27, 2016

This one is off to a pretty good start, seems interesting I like the characters
Judging from the 6th chapter, I’m gonna guess asaka has some kind of health problem like ruri.

last edited at Mar 8, 2021 1:50PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

She's HUGE! I love the height gap. Also, as a former high school writer of Tragic Lesbian Fiction, I can relate. It takes a lot of courage to imagine any kind of happy ending for yourself.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Big aaaaaaaaangst vibes. As an adult who's made a trillion mistakes its almost laughable to me, but suspending that disbelief, its a good story so far!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Gonna have to wait for more chapters and comments before I go past chapter 1. I like the characters but this smells like angst/tragedy and I don't want to get into that.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's quite interesting how it was definitely bullying from how everyone saw it and how it affected everyone and especially Ruri, but Shizuku genuinely believed all the time she was doing something good, all out of misunderstanding comments made about her and taking pride in what she thought were her positive qualities.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not normally for aaaaangst but the suspenseful aspects really hooked me in and now I really wanna know how this goes. Intriguing, at the very least!

joined Oct 11, 2019

I'm so ready for it to hurt

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

daaaamn that first chapter says it's depressing as fuck ain't it?((((((((((((((

so when the tiny-chan fess up she has a lethal incurable disease?

I just love credits))) humor will save the world

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 11:43AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Well, i'm also ready to get hurt by this story. Honestly, at first thought that the bullying part was going to be some overblown thing, but its actually well explained how she was actually a mean kid without even realizing. Good stuff, i'm just waiting for the reveal that the reason the other girl wanted a novel written about their love its because she has a deadly disease.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The one thing I'm wondering is whether this will actually look deeper into the workings of Shizuku's brain. It's pretty clear that at the very least before the curry incident, she lacked any concept of people not necessarily meaning strictly what they say, entirely missing the sarcasm of the other girls in the moment that started her down that path, seeing Ruri's apologies as genuine, not something she felt pressured into by Shizuku, and not understanding how much it all hurt Ruri until the moment she actually cried. Seeing how she's avoided any even slightly significant relationships with people outside her family since, it's hard to tell if she's all that better now either. Considering Kaori's opinion of her novel it could be possible to an extent, but then again, we don't actually know enough about its content to judge.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Such a refreshing take on bullying. We always see stories about the really extreme cases, but rarely on more subtle ones like this where it was a mistake during childhood because of misunderstandings. I love how they never excuse her actions and acknowledge the wrongs Shizuku did, but also talk about how just wallowing in self guilt really does no one any good. Learning from your mistakes and owning up to them by apologizing is the proper way to handle a situation like this and it's ok even if the other party doesn't want to accept your apology.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's quite interesting how it was definitely bullying from how everyone saw it and how it affected everyone and especially Ruri, but Shizuku genuinely believed all the time she was doing something good, all out of misunderstanding comments made about her and taking pride in what she thought were her positive qualities.

Regardless of what Shizuku thought about it, she did bully Ruri. And it's a shame she ended up running away instead of apologizing and trying to make up for it. Honestly, it's hard to root for her when all she's doing is feeling sorry for herself. That's not very sympathetic.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Regardless of what Shizuku thought about it, she did bully Ruri. And it's a shame she ended up running away instead of apologizing and trying to make up for it. Honestly, it's hard to root for her when all she's doing is feeling sorry for herself. That's not very sympathetic.

It would be easier if it was just one incident, but how do you apologize and make up for years of cruelty you had thought of as kindness, especially at that age and with all your classmates united against you? She's not just feeling sorry for herself, she's been utterly broken by guilt, to the extent of shunning almost any human contact whatsoever and, as we found out this time, even to the edge of suicide, and a big part of that is exactly that she never got to apologize, something Kaori is finally helping her do now.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I can have sympathy for her because it is something that happend 5 years ago so she would be 11 or 12 at the time. When you are that young you don't have the best decision making and its easy to make mistakes/be scared. This also gives her character a lot of room to grow.

joined May 11, 2020

Asaka is 100% Ruri chan I think.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Kids are callous, honest to a fault, and still at her age at that point still learning how to deal with damage they caused. Realising you may have really hurt someone without meaning to sucks, absolutely big time, and I can't blame her -- a child! -- for running away, as she later gets stuck in her own head, guilt eating her away.

Was she at fault? Definitely! But there was probably also no real system to tackle that in a productive way.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This is really good and refreshing... This premise it's not very common in manga.

joined Oct 17, 2016

chapter 2: either Misery vibes from Kathy Bates or she was the one who flamed her online and wants to destroy her completly now.

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 6:30PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"BECAUSE I..."

Me: ears perk up!

"LOVED YOUR NOVEL!"

Me: flops down dejectedly aaaaaaa

Though confessing feelings during this very serious discussion is PROBABLY bad taste tbh

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Holy hell, that was an incredibly well delivered emotional scene. I can't relate to her situation directly, but as someone who suffers from anxiety and worries a lot about every little stupid thing I did when I was younger, and the impression it left on others, I can only imagine how horrible it must feel to be going through this. This hits hard, is what I'm trying to say.

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 7:10PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She's not just feeling sorry for herself, she's been utterly broken by guilt, to the extent of shunning almost any human contact whatsoever and

That's what it means to feel sorry for oneself. She's self-absorbed. She's focusing on her guilt, her issues, and because of that she doesn't realize Ruri was the one who was suffering the most. Rather than looking inwards and feeling sorry for herself, she should try to do something for Ruri who was the real victim here.

Even now, she just wants to apologize just to feel better about herself, to feel less guilty. She shoud be wondering what happened to Ruri all those years instead. What if her shitty attitude ended traumatizing the poor girl? She doesn't even think about that.

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 7:34PM

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Well, sadly this is quite relatable for me.

The sins of our past are something we have to live with.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's what it means to feel sorry for oneself. She's self-absorbed. She's focusing on her guilt, her issues, and because of that she doesn't realize Ruri was the one who was suffering the most. Rather than looking inwards and feeling sorry for herself, she should try to do something for Ruri who was the real victim here.

Her attitude is simply not sympathetic. Even now, she just wants to apologize just to feel better about herself, to feel less guilty. She shoud be wondering what happened Ruri all those years instead. What if her shitty attitude ended traumatizing the poor girl? She doesn't even think about that.

I really don't read her that way. It's exactly because the curry incident finally made her realize how much Ruri had suffered that she became the way she is, keeping away from people to avoid doing the same to them. Sure, part of it is her own issues, that can't ever be avoided, but mostly, even if Kaori had to work hard to make her see this, it's because she actually cares about others so much that she's so afraid of hurting someone again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.