Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I swear if Miko turns out to be some kinda monster hunter

joined Dec 13, 2018

So Shiori is literally saying: "I will only eat you when you don't want me to eat you.".

Shut the fuck up...

what a chad move eh

and yeah, monster hunter bowl

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Those sheer yandere vibes, too strong. Can't wait for this interaction to continue

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

I'm actually into this now, Miko seems to genuinely love Hinako but if whatever Shiori found in the register is going to give a maneating monster who's lived for god knows how long that expression on page 17 Miko has to have some insane shit going on. Now I'm just sitting here speculating instead of writing my essay.

joined Oct 11, 2019

So nice to read a manga where things... happen. And where the drama is in service of the plot, instead of just petty misunderstandings.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Please don't ruin friend. I love her

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Noooo does this mean that Miko is also a monster? Maybe she killed the real Miko and impersonated her to get close to Hinako? They show the necklace a lot and the prayer beads. Maybe a beast being restrained under charms or something? A kitsune?

If Miko is a monster or something, I hope she isn't evil ;_;

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 3:32AM

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Always wishing for more every time a chapter ends :(

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was a twist I didn't expect, not after the start of the chapter made is look like Miko was just a monster hunter indeed. Although in hindsight, there was something about how Shiori talked about her scent that suggested something being off about her... Impressed by Shiori's detective skills there.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

In the chapter, Shiori seems pretty hypocritical to me.
She is a monster who wants to eat Hinako, this is not a good basis for saying that someone else is dangerous

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

SHE'S A GHOOOOOOOOST~

Kindred Spirits on the Roof meets Berserk?

idk, i'm also speculating..

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 6:35AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

She is a monster who wants to eat Hinako, this is not a good basis for saying that someone else is dangerous

I really feel like Shiori has some other reason and doesn't actually wanna eat her. Like it's a front or something....but yeah I agree. I laughed when I read that line lmao. Like Shiori, really??

joined Jan 4, 2014

Guessing Miko is the one that killed her family to be honest...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The balloon has well and truly gone up. Get. It. On!

joined Apr 4, 2020

It's wierd no one ever talked about how mc wears a turtle neck everywhere but it's probably obvious since she's suicidal and at some point she attempted to kill herself

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It's wierd no one ever talked about how mc wears a turtle neck everywhere but it's probably obvious since she's suicidal and at some point she attempted to kill herself

It was actually mentioned a few pages back. It's to cover up the burn scars, which you can get a glimpse of here.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I really feel like Shiori has some other reason and doesn't actually wanna eat her. Like it's a front or something....but yeah I agree. I laughed when I read that line lmao. Like Shiori, really??

Nah I disagree, at least I hope it’s not a front honestly. But I think it’s hilarious that shiori called her a “thing” and it does make me really curious about what’s up with her. Especially after it showed the pal being so concerned about hinako and the adorableness of her expression when hinako was eating the cake,
But I think miko is more “dangerous” cause we don’t know what she is/wants. Shiori put it all out there but miko might be a memory affecting weirdo.

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

I fucking hate cliffhanger

Yeah that made me go "oh shut up". Whether or not Shiori is serious about wanting to kill Hinako, she still threw that out there at her. She's still a thing/monster that wants to keep Hinako to herself in a way, just like Miko too maybe(??)

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

So much for "Miko" being a miko. I do wonder what she really is and what her goal is. Anyway, MONSTER FIGHT!

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I also thought that at first. Or maybe Miko is part of some kind of monster clan that killed Hinako's family and feels guilty because of the actions of her own people, even though she did not do it herself. Because I cannot imagine Miko to be that evil. But yeah, we will hopefully see next chapter...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I was going to say this couldn't be the case, but then I realized that if she has indeed manipulated Hinako's memories to include herself, she could have also manipulated her memories of her family's death. Whether this actually is the case remains to be seen, though. I personally don't think so at this point, but it's not impossible either based on what we've seen or what has been implied so far.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It was actually mentioned a few pages back. It's to cover up the burn scars, which you can get a glimpse of here.

Ohh, thanks for posting this. I missed the previous comment with the information. That's really interesting!

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

yea..i still want miko to win >.>

i cant really see her being evil down the road, but we'll see

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

A rival that also wants to eat her, but took a different approach?

To reply you must either login or sign up.