Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I don;t know why but there is some kind of awkardness in this story mabe it kinda feels like this is a sequel and we saw the characters before. Dunno and art seems really familiar like I saw this author before. But YEEEEEEAH DRINKING IS GREAT ESPEICALLY ALONE and someone else is paying it

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I've been wondering for a while when would this series be here on Dynasty.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I LOVE IT!!! Glad to see it here finally

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

sips cider romantically

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Minor correction: "Skittle" is not the British English name for "hip flask". We call it a "hip flask"... According to the Japanese Wikipedia,

スキットルという名前の由来は、ボウリングの元となったスキットル(九柱戯、Skittles)というイギリスの遊びで使われる木柱にその形状が似ているためだといわれる。

Machine translation because I'm lazy:

"It is said that the name Skittles is derived from the shape of the wooden pillars used in English play called Skittles, which was the origin of bowling."

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The name of the manga is a pun, I see.

There's an old Japanese proverb likening a woman’s beauty to the beauty of flowers. It goes like this:
「立てば芍薬 座れば牡丹 歩く姿は百合の花」
Tateba Shakuyaku, Suwareba Botan, Aruku Sugata wa Yuri no Hana.
Meaning: "She is beautiful who stands charmingly like a herbaceous peony, sits gorgeously like a tree peony, and walks elegantly like a lily."

And the name of this manga is: Kamiina Botan, Yoeru Sugata wa Yuri no Hana.

It's especially funny because there are good reasons for the choice of flowers in the proverb. The ‘shakuyaku’ (herbaceous peony) has a lovely flower on top of a long straight stem. The ‘botan’ (tree peony) is a shrub that bears gorgeous flowers that rest comfortably among its leaves. And the ‘yuri’ (lily) as it seems to dance flexibly in the wind has always been admired for its elegant and pretty form. Thus the similarities with standing, sitting and walking. But this is the first time that I hear of someone likening the tipsy movements of a drunken woman to the form of a lily in the wind, hehehe. Not a bad image, mind you!

150ea059-3666-41b9-a789-f160257e6314
joined Oct 7, 2019

Non%20face%20prunus%20girl%20ch%2010%20pg%206
joined Jul 3, 2018

I work at a liquor store, and never thought that my super power of identifying bottles of booze would come up while reading yuri.

Not that I'm complaining. Those are some lovingly rendered backgrounds for the liquor store in chapter 6.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I feel there's some kind of love triangle happening and I don't know which one to go for

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

The ‘shakuyaku’ (herbaceous peony) has a lovely flower on top of a long straight stem. The ‘botan’ (tree peony) is a shrub that bears gorgeous flowers that rest comfortably among its leaves. And the ‘yuri’ (lily) as it seems to dance flexibly in the wind has always been admired for its elegant and pretty form. Thus the similarities with standing, sitting and walking. But this is the first time that I hear of someone likening the tipsy movements of a drunken woman to the form of a lily in the wind, hehehe. Not a bad image, mind you!

Methinks the joke is actually that Botan-chan, when squiffy, falls to the yuri side of the force, and that's why she can be likened to the 'yuri no hana' after a few drinks. ;)

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Cute and fun. I seriously started to question if the artist can draw legs below the knee by the end though. I'm imagining everyone toddling around on those thigh stumps.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Botan is such a lady-killer. Whether drunk or not.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wowie I finally read all nine chapters. You're right, it's so good!!!
I love middle or high school stories as much as anyone else, but I wish there were more college life yuri manga. Listening to vinyl records (Kraftwerk!) in your dorm room while drinking absinthe or Brewdog's IPA, then having a drunken lesbian orgy, hell yeah!! It doesn't get better than that!
(Ok so the chapter ended before the orgy but one can imagine, right???)

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This reminds me that I haven't drunk in awhile and now I have a really strong urge to do so.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Didn't know they sell Brewdog outside the UK. Author is based for knowing my beer of choice.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Awfully kind of the translator to tell us how much 8,000 yen is in Norwegian krone. I'm sure that makes it crystal clear for everyone, lmao.

joined Apr 6, 2019

This is like a version of Suito-to set in Chichibu and where they try different alcoholic drinks instead of local food specialties.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I feel there's some kind of love triangle happening and I don't know which one to go for

I mean if there is senpai has already lost. A “head start ” nah she’s almost bagged ibuki already.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Her parents have pretty killer record collection.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Poor Gujou-sempai. She does try, but ain't winning about Kamiina p much transforming into YAMADA KAORU by the power of Castle Greyskull when she gets some booze in her... .-.

Also by now Botan and Ibuki are like one suggestive cough away from fucking like rabbits lmao

joined Jul 23, 2016

Why is it that in like every manga, characters get drunk as soon as they take just a sip of anything which might vaguely contain alcohol? I just wonder how this became a trope. Maybe it's something to do with taboos on underage drinking and a desire to, I don't know, reinforce that minors aren't supposed to drink? And then this gets carried forward for whatever reason to adult mangakas writing works about drinking-age people? It just feels kind of weird..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wowie I finally read all nine chapters. You're right, it's so good!!!
I love middle or high school stories as much as anyone else, but I wish there were more college life yuri manga. Listening to vinyl records (Kraftwerk!) in your dorm room while drinking absinthe or Brewdog's IPA, then having a drunken lesbian orgy, hell yeah!! It doesn't get better than that!
(Ok so the chapter ended before the orgy but one can imagine, right???)

Ahmmm Well there's fanfics.... hahaha well idk if the story will go that way but I would like to go that way, also heck yeah grown up girls! it feels different, less naivety and less "W-what is this feeling?"

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

This needs the amputee tag

last edited at Apr 18, 2021 7:19AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

I somehow didn't notice this manga on here. It seems very niche, not to my tastes, but it seems decent enough for those who are into drinking culture or whatever, characters don't really look college age though.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

You'd think they'd have done lewd by now...but this is more cute and bubbly than an Eevee chasing bubbles. Should this have the wholesome tag too?

To reply you must either login or sign up.