Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Is anyone else hoping they actually end up with the other girls? Miwa and Saeko just don't seem like a good match at all.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I don't see this story ending in a happy way at all.

This actually kinda hits close to home for me, cause I went through something like this. Started dating a girl on a whim cause the old flame who was flirting with me for years declared themselves uninterested. A month into dating the new girl, the old flame is suddenly interested. I took the dumb route, broke up with the nicer new girl to get with the old flame aaaand that didn't work out.

Ghosters gonna ghost. I think she made her right choice here.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Is anyone else hoping they actually end up with the other girls? Miwa and Saeko just don't seem like a good match at all.

Yes.

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

^^^ seconded

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Ah this chapter made me feel all sorts of feels, mostly bad ones but eh-
also: "Fuckin' normies... I'll curse 'em! A curse on them and their flock!"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a rocky relationship. Saeko and Miwa are not a good match for now, because they both have baggage.

Either the author's goal is to make them eventually breakup, or to change enough and open up to each other, so their couple stabilizes.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that went... Better than we feared, worse than we hoped, I guess. Still problems to solve, but at least the worst possible crisis has been averted for now.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

It's a rocky relationship. Saeko and Miwa are not a good match for now, because they both have baggage.

Either the author's goal is to make them eventually breakup, or to change enough and open up to each other, so their couple stabilizes.

I hope it's the latter, it'd be a good emotional payoff

joined Mar 5, 2016

god damn it arisa

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I like how easy it is to relate to and understand these characters' thoughts and actions, even if they're problematic.

I feel like, if Rika caught wind of any of this, she would find a way to instantly torpedo their relationship or just force them to talk about it honestly. This seems like the kind of situation where her plot-accelerating powers would come into play.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I'm honestly really not a fan of Saeko so I keep reading this in hopes that they break up. The ex seems like a way better fit

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Alexa play Misery by Maroon5

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Good on Miwa for resisting, but then she doesn't tell Saeko the whole truth about it. Cool
This is all such a painful read, damn. I'd like for them to work it out, but idk... guess we'll have to see if the old flame sticks around and is serious about it.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm split on this manga. It's refreshing how little either Miwa or Saeko is idealized - they have realistic personalities and flaws. But at the same time, it seems like the only reason to ever come back when a new chapter is released is to see how things went wrong this time. It's hard to stay engaged.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

This author has the weirdest notion about where's a good place to end a chapter.

Is Arisa someone we know? I remember Usshi and Rika and new girl Yuria, but not her.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Miwa and Saeko are both good people at heart which is why I like the characters. But they’re also deeply flawed people trying to navigate life and their relationship, which is why I like the story.

I’m not sure why Miwa was unwilling to tell Saeko the whole story. It’s not as if she has anything to hide.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I’m not sure why Miwa was unwilling to tell Saeko the whole story. It’s not as if she has anything to hide.

In the first place, Miwa knows that Saeko has been acting weird when she hangs out with other people (even if Miwa isn't certain that it's jealousy), so telling Saeko that she just exchanged contacts with her old crush, who even invited her to a hotel, probably seems like a bad idea to her.

More significantly, it doesn't seem like Miwa ever properly got over Shiho, so the fact that she showed up and suddenly wanted to be close with her again has Miwa reexamining her own feelings. If she tells Saeko everything that she and Shiho talked about, she'll have to try to reassure Saeko that there's nothing between them, which isn't something Miwa can say with total certainty. It's easier and more forgivable to lie by omission than to lie directly.

That "If you love me, kiss me" part is a microcosm of everything wrong with their relationship; they're trying to use their physical connection to compensate for their lack of trust and a mental/emotional connection.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I absolutely hate that miwa can't be honest. Even though she did the right thing and turned her old flame down, even if it was between the lines.

Saeko even fessed up herself. At least she got a kiss as reward for the honesty that miwa is too insecure to muster.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

^ To be fair, there are other things that Saeko could be more honest about.

28d46d914be5d4587b21270910c0eda5
joined Mar 23, 2015

^ To be fair, there are other things that Saeko could be more honest about.

Exactly

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Poor Lucha/

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

I'm honestly really not a fan of Saeko so I keep reading this in hopes that they break up. The ex seems like a way better fit

I believe they already broke in the raw (chapter like 50 or something)

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 8:27PM by OrangePekoe

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

baka-inu:

:/

Ah geez, it's like y'all don't know what a fucking SPOILER TAG IS FOR.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 8:26PM by OrangePekoe

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I'm just going to stop reading at this point and wait till this manga is finished. Too much bullshit going on in the comments section.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

baka-inu posted:

Hey, use spoiler tags next time.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 8:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.