Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Also, am I the only one who found Euphie and particularly Anise's facial expressions in this chapter jarring? Not bad, just unexpected. I think they indicate the hurting both of them experience in regards to Euphie's current situation.

I think in all the chapters facial expressions are very exaggerated, seems to be just the style this artist chose. But yeah, I definitely noticed this (except I don't think this chapter is special in that regard).

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 5:46AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

TL;DR- Anise changes Euphie's life by mere virtue of existing in a powerful position where she can assert her (decidedly atypical) will over events.

Indeed, on a more abstract level, it is Anise's existence that unbalances the setting, but I still contend that in Euphie's specific case, she wasn't the catalyst of her derailment from the default life path(s) that their feudal/aristocratic institutions had groomed her for. :-)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ Nya-chan I dont get to what your are refering- nobody has said or expressed that?? Euphie certainly hasnt had ANY gay thoughts yet- and the princess is just outright and openly gay and doesnt need to make excuses?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Also - I noticed in the chapters that covered the princess talking about her research, she never showed her back.. are they not gonna bother showing how and why the princess can use her magic items in this version? I thought it was pretty important and telling what she did.. If we progress onto the stampeed without an explanation for her strength it's gonna be a bit wierd..

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 6:30AM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Also - I noticed in the chapters that covered the princess talking about her research, she never showed her back.. are they not gonna bother showing how and why the princess can use her magic items in this version? I thought it was pretty important and telling what she did.. If we progress onto the stampeed without an explanation for her strength it's gonna be a bit wierd..

@Elevown: As I said a few pages ago, I think they're saving that because Euphie needs to be in a particular state of mind to respond to it properly, and right now she isn't there yet. I think we'll get that along with some other stuff that was in the WN and is missing here once she's healed more and can handle it better.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Indeed, on a more abstract level, it is Anise's existence that unbalances the setting, but I still contend that in Euphie's specific case, she wasn't the catalyst of her derailment from the default life path(s) that their feudal/aristocratic institutions had groomed her for. :-)

That's fair. From Euphie's perspective, the shattering of the engagement was the point where her life went off-track, but this would've happened regardless of Anise's reincarnation, so I decided to consider it part of her 'destiny', so to speak. There's no parallel worldline where the engagement wasn't broken, because the event stems from the personalities of everyone involved and is a foregone conclusion, even if Euphie can't detect it (much like how your average citizen would be much better at detecting a revolution in the making than a sheltered aristocrat, but the revolution itself would be born of sustained tension that had built up over decades). In my opinion, the point of divergence is Anise jumping in and offering Euphie a different, happier lifestyle, using her status as a temporal 'outsider' to alter the progression of events, because she has perspectives and ideas that weren't 'earned' via historical progression, but carried over from a different universe.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

@elevown I mean that Euphie is developing feelings and jealousy toward the princess, and will eventually, I guess, fall in love with her, without any previous indication, or even thoughts, that she might have been attracted to girls in the first place.

So, until proven otherwise, she's not gay, or even bisexual. At most, she will be Anise-sexual.

It's a classic cope-out to avoid addressing the elephant in the room: homosexuality.

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 8:07AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Seems like missing pages are already on Mangadex... and well that was a BIG omission alright :P

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Seems like missing pages are already on Mangadex... and well that was a BIG omission alright :P

A lead in to the next story arc. Looks like things are going to get interesting.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Well, that's certainly something. The pages are updated, but you have to clear your cache or read in incognito mode before they display properly. Let's see if I can fix that

Edit: Should be fixed. Please post if anyone is having issues viewing the chapter.

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 10:29AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's fair. From Euphie's perspective, the shattering of the engagement was the point where her life went off-track, but this would've happened regardless of Anise's reincarnation, so I decided to consider it part of her 'destiny', so to speak. There's no parallel worldline where the engagement wasn't broken, because the event stems from the personalities of everyone involved and is a foregone conclusion, even if Euphie can't detect it (much like how your average citizen would be much better at detecting a revolution in the making than a sheltered aristocrat, but the revolution itself would be born of sustained tension that had built up over decades). In my opinion, the point of divergence is Anise jumping in and offering Euphie a different, happier lifestyle, using her status as a temporal 'outsider' to alter the progression of events, because she has perspectives and ideas that weren't 'earned' via historical progression, but carried over from a different universe.

That would be true if it a divergence has actually happened, but at this point in the manga (haven't read the WN), Euphie is still barrelling down the "failed queen" route into obscurity. The whole point that Anise has tried to make her comprehend in this chapter is that she (Anise) wants her (Euphie) to make a conscious decision to get off those tracks and start moving in a different direction. The fact that this demand emotionally hurt Euphie shows that she is not yet ready to make that jump -- she has not reached the tipping point yet, so to speak, although I have no doubt that she will do so if Anise keeps infecting her with modern ideas.

Speaking of which, I do not think that historical development can only be "leapfrogged" by a temporal outsider, i.e. a person from a society at a later stage of the same evolutionary path (roughly Western European, in this case). As a counterexample, I point to Claude from FE3H and contend that any kind of outside perspective, if taken serious (which most of the time it isn't) can help a person or a group resolve long-standing contradictions and live a happier life.

Well, that's certainly something. The pages are updated, but you have to clear your cache or read in incognito mode before they display properly. Let's see if I can fix that

Edit: Should be fixed. Please post if anyone is having issues viewing the chapter.

Suddenly.... PLOT happens. :D But I guess it's good practice to finish a largely introspective, reflection chapter focusing on the protagonist's inner journey with an action-heavy preview of the forthcoming outer plot.

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 12:12PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Speaking of which, I do not think that historical development can only be "leapfrogged" by a temporal outsider, i.e. a person from a society at a later stage of the same evolutionary path (roughly Western European, in this case). As a counterexample, I point to Claude from FE3H and contend that any kind of outside perspective, if taken serious (which most of the time it isn't) can help a person or a group resolve long-standing contradictions and live a happier life.

I personally think it varies on a case-to-case basis. If a person from modern Britain was transported to the middle ages, they'd obviously run into issues like the language barrier and so forth, and would probably die before they get to any major court and inform the nobles about vital political events.

But if, as in Anise's case, they came back as a privileged political figure, they could achieve incredible things with some decent planning and strategy. Most groundbreaking ideas have always been unprecedented, or they wouldn't have been revolutionary in the first place. If a moderner can figure out how to a) pitch a change without getting executed for insanity or blasphemy and b) reverse-engineer progress by gradual advancement (like creating muskets instead of jumping to assault rifles), then major changes can definitely be instituted.

I'd argue that savants like Da Vinci were more revolutionary in their respective eras than John Smith from a random city street would be if sent back to that same period. It's all a matter of getting in touch with the right people and producing results, so to speak.

Sengoku Komachi Kurotan is one manga I can think of that handles the 'moderner in the past' genre quite well, and explores how shifting something like agriculture could cause a domino effect that alters military campaigns, the results of major conflicts, political dynamics and the nature of affiliated societies.

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 2:07PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Going by mdex comments there's a light novel adaptation as well, so this may be drawing on that as well as the webnovel.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Why didn't I read this sooner, this is great. Art and characters are cute and often hilarious. And even plot seems to be interesting.

Maybe I saw this at some point but ignored it because that isekai-tag. Isekai is cool consept. But usually at least in anime it's just a codeword for recycling same ideas over and over again.

But this is strong stuff. Approved.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I personally think it varies on a case-to-case basis. If a person from modern Britain was transported to the middle ages, they'd obviously run into issues like the language barrier and so forth, and would probably die before they get to any major court and inform the nobles about vital political events.

But if, as in Anise's case, they came back as a privileged political figure, they could achieve incredible things with some decent planning and strategy. Most groundbreaking ideas have always been unprecedented, or they wouldn't have been revolutionary in the first place. If a moderner can figure out how to a) pitch a change without getting executed for insanity or blasphemy and b) reverse-engineer progress by gradual advancement (like creating muskets instead of jumping to assault rifles), then major changes can definitely be instituted.

Ascendance of a Bookworm tackles this one in varying ways. Even something like introducing effective hygiene products (soap and shampoo) can have far-ranging consequences. Let alone providing literacy to the masses. Definitely give the LN a go (the anime was a solid adaption too).

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kirin posted:

From what I recall, Anise was originally the one intended to take the throne so it's quite possible that Anise being different from what she naturally was could actually be a factor here. If Anise had taken the throne then it's completely possible the prince wouldn't have ended up engaged to Euphie in the first place.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

@elevown I mean that Euphie is developing feelings and jealousy toward the princess, and will eventually, I guess, fall in love with her, without any previous indication, or even thoughts, that she might have been attracted to girls in the first place.

So, until proven otherwise, she's not gay, or even bisexual. At most, she will be Anise-sexual.

It's a classic cope-out to avoid addressing the elephant in the room: homosexuality.

I'm genuinely confused here. So a character falling in love with someone of the same sex isn't gay if we don't see them being attracted to other people of the same sex first? I just came here to see cute girls fall in love, how is that not gay?

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 8:51PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I agree. @ Nya-chan we also have zero evidence she was ever straight- she has been training to be a queen since childhood- she had no feelings for Al, it made that clear- and has probably never had a romantic thought in her life given that her whole life has been dedicated to the role set out for her. And also that this is a patriachal fantasy world where women probably dont normally get to think about such issues and just marry who is picked for them.

It is entirely posible she is gay and always has been, AND that the manga will actually address it. Also if she falls for the princess but still likes guys then she is simply BI- and I dont see being BI as a cop out for not being gay either.

Maybe it WILL have some cop out like explanation where she is 'straight' but for some reason the princess is the exception- certainly I get that plenty of manga do that- but until it DOES that I dont think it warrants blaming for that.

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 10:11PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The plot thickens

Its intriguing to see the genious being ruined by spending All her time practising which has left her lonely and deeply uncertain (reminds me of that one spirit from Tales of Xilia, had followed orders since she was born - then the moment she stopped recieving guidance had a nervous breakdown)
Anise seems to kinda know thats whats going on which indicates that she has been thinking about Euphie Long before the story Begins, it wasnt just a complete whim that she took her in.

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 6:51PM

joined Jun 12, 2019

Euphie :(

Img_20190130_105529
joined Jan 29, 2019

can i ask for where to download the raw ver of this manga :) ?

joined Nov 14, 2014

This manga just keeps getting better and better! Finally some action for Euphie which may help her find her new way of life.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Euphie: Huh. That style doesn't look like it's meant for fighting humans.

Anise: Welp. Time to go hunt a dragon.

Yeah. That about checks out. So, is her "dagger" going to be a Moonlight Greatsword?

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Looking forward to the next chapter. And Illya's and Euphie's bromance is so cute.

Also, that bunny outfit is hot, ngl

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

If this story has a central theme beyond the Yuri, I would say is to find one's path father the one forged to you is no longer an option.

Also obsession.

To reply you must either login or sign up.