Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

That protagonist is dumb as a brick though. I can never understand why girls would prefer some greasy middleaged man that mostly likely could owerpower them instead of another nice looking girl. Have fun getting abused I guess.

Probably for the same reason a straight young guy wouldn't go out with a good looking looking guy over a greasy middle aged woman? Seems kinda silly to call someone dumb for not going against their genetic wiring.

+1
Kinda funny seeing "Have fun getting abused" phrase, when plot of this is more or less typical hentai mind-break, just served as fluffy comedy with less graphic scenes. Yeah. I'm not buying this.

So a girl with the same age and strength is the same to you as some adult guy that is knowingly going for minors? Okay.

And yes, if you walk into the lion's den, expect to get eaten. Anyway, back to yuri.

joined Jan 3, 2020

That protagonist is dumb as a brick though. I can never understand why girls would prefer some greasy middleaged man that mostly likely could owerpower them instead of another nice looking girl. Have fun getting abused I guess.

Probably for the same reason a straight young guy wouldn't go out with a good looking looking guy over a greasy middle aged woman? Seems kinda silly to call someone dumb for not going against their genetic wiring.

+1
Kinda funny seeing "Have fun getting abused" phrase, when plot of this is more or less typical hentai mind-break, just served as fluffy comedy with less graphic scenes. Yeah. I'm not buying this.

So a girl with the same age and strength is the same to you as some adult guy that is knowingly going for minors? Okay.

And yes, if you walk into the lion's den, expect to get eaten. Anyway, back to yuri.

It's worth pointing out that this mentality is literally victim blaming.

Additionally, I think we've progressed societally to the point where people don't have to date people physically weaker than them to feel safe.

Personally, I think muscular women are incredibly sexy and would date one in a heartbeat, regardless of the difference in physical strength (I am a twig). If anything, I'm pretty sure I'd draw some small sense of security from the difference in strength.

If your relationship becomes abusive, that is awful, but there's no simple way to avoid potential abusers. They come in all shapes, sizes, and genders. When extending this into the realm of emotional abuse, this is even more true.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 6:50AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm getting a bit tired of the "I can make you gay", I feel it kinda invalidates everything.
Showing her two girls can go out together? Yes, it's fine. Telling her you can turn her into a lesbian... uggghhhh

I'm pretty sure that's not what is going on here. Miss Popular blurting odd and somewhat homophobic remarks out of nowhere such as, "I don't see how two girls could ever date, etc." just hit the Blonde Beauty's gaydar like a 10 megaton bomb and she's both into the chick and wants to call her out on her bluff.

If it's one thing I've learned in life it's that most clichés have some basis in reality and one of the better bets is the most closeted gay person in the room is the screaming homophobe. Certainly not every bigot is gay, but I think most of us are pretty good at spotting the difference between the ones that are.

In this case we already know her gaydar pinged true since we get to see all the MC's thoughts about how sexy she thinks this girl is. Chances are if you sit around thinking about how sexy people of the same sex are then you probably aren't completely strait.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 5:27PM

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Great way of missing a point.

And yes, if you walk into the lion's den, expect to get eaten.

Victim blaming at it's finest.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Everything about this manga is great so far, I hope we get regular updates.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

oooh, so this is the manga adaptation of the novel.

joined Jan 15, 2015

Looking forward to this

joined Dec 7, 2019

Hell yeah I can't wait for more of this. The art is pretty sweet too

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

So Yukiko isn't doing the art for the manga? That's a shame.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Where can I find the raws?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm getting a bit tired of the "I can make you gay", I feel it kinda invalidates everything.
Showing her two girls can go out together? Yes, it's fine. Telling her you can turn her into a lesbian... uggghhhh

I'm pretty sure that's not what is going on here. Miss Popular blurting odd and somewhat homophobic remarks out of nowhere such as, "I don't see how two girls could ever date, etc." just hit the Blonde Beauty's gaydar like a 10 megaton bomb and she's both into the chick and wants to call her out on her bluff.

Thats how I see it- this isnt a 'convert the straight girl' thing imo- its that she knows the other girl is into girls- and is in denial / doesn't realise, and being damn annoying/rude in doing so.

And since she fancies her anyway, is gonna show her she is wrong.

At least thats my take from just this chapter- I've not read the LN - so it remains to be seen how it goes.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 10:14AM

Legendaryarbeter
joined Feb 9, 2021

Does anyone know where I could read the LN? Thanks in advance.

joined Mar 31, 2020

Nothing against anyone who enjoyed this (I don't have super strong feelings myself), I just wanted to dissect why parts of it felt uncomfortable for me.

The way this reads is, Fuwa has used money to entice someone whose sexuality is not confirmed, and who outwardly expresses disinterest in lesbianism, to date her, in such a way that no matter what Fuwa can spend 100 days doing anything she wants to 'turn Marika gay,' and every time Marika objects or feels uncomfortable Fuwa can say "What, are you scared of losing? Think of the money."

Marika appears very self-confident in general, so I don't think repressed gayness is the only reason she talks about wlw relationships in the way she does, and anyway, hearing her talk like this is absolutely no reason for Fuwa to believe Marika is gay. I could accept Fuwa being like "Give it a try, you can back out whenever you like," but this is not what she does. Instead, she leads with the money and doesn't immediately explain her conditions. Fortunately, when she does it's pretty clear, but unfortunately, the power imbalance gives Marika an incentive to endure whatever Fuwa does. Fuwa makes no stipulations about stopping and breaking up if Marika doesn't like it, and in fact has established the "You're not scared, are you?" line as a way to keep Marika 'in the game.' She claims that taking this deal from her is safer than taking it from a middle-aged man, and while that seems true, Marika and Fuwa are basically strangers, and Fuwa's promises are either vague & subjective ('we won't do anything dangerous') or potentially worrying ('I'll make sure no one finds out'). Furthermore, Fuwa presents it as if the only options are getting a sugar daddy, or dating her, conveniently omitting the third option, doing neither.

Also, it's important to note the predatory-ness going on. Fuwa's usual wording is 'I'll change your mind,' but then she tells Marika she will "become" a lesbian, i.e., that Fuwa thinks Marika isn't one, but that she will become one thanks to Fuwa. Sexuality is fluid, but it doesn't work like this; Fuwa's statement is exactly what people use in the real world to get others into relationships that those others don't want to be in. This is a very problematic portrayal of romance, and I would hope future chapters somehow ameliorate that issue.

Otherwise, uh, nice aesthetics, high potential for banter, if I read it from five feet away it doesn't seem too bad. Again, nothing against people who did enjoy it.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 10:32AM

This still seems promising even with the comments about how the LN is. I’m buckled in for this ride.

joined Mar 8, 2020

Where can I find the raws?

for the raws, you can find them in the official mobile app where it get published マンガUP or find it via chinese scans https://www.manhuagui.com/comic/38449/

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

From what I think, I don't really care if it's "conversion". As long as it's yuri I'm in.
But logically speaking, I think "converting" an heterosexual person is different from "converting" an homosexual.
Homosexual people have been going through a journy of discovery of their romantic and/or sexual attraction that in heterosexual people is usually given for granted without questioning. So when someone is appealing to a heterosexual person it might just be an opening of an unthought path (e.g. towards bisexuality), while the same towards someone homosexual is invalidating the jouney they did.

Just my thoughts on this though.

I agree so much I could hand you a medal.

joined Dec 3, 2014

For people who feel uncomfortable regarding Fuwa's actions, I suggest you to drop the series because It only gets worse from there, Fuwa is absolutely pushy and predatory, even Marika realizes it later. She only gets a pass because the latter actually falls for her and is somewhat of a sub as well.

Also it's kind of funny how in the LN Yukiko just basically draws Sukurako and Kasumi and calls it a day. Seeing Marika and Fuwa doing lewd things and fucking like rabbits later and their dynamis I definitely experienced some cognitive dissonance.

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Ohhh yess.. I'm in.

joined Jul 21, 2020

So Marika is a Spaghetti-chan?

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

¥10,000 in a single day isn't even that much; it's like $100 a day, which is what most High School part-timers make, at least in Canada. Now, that ¥1,000,000 down payment she got...that's like $10,000; that's more like it

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 12:46PM

joined Oct 9, 2011

Yep, MC was doomed before this even started.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I´m sorry, the story sounds interesting but i cannot unsee the MC as

Wendy´s mascot

Ss%20(2016-08-30%20at%2003.24.35)
joined Sep 26, 2016

If it's one thing I've learned in life it's that most clichés have some basis in reality and one of the better bets is the most closeted gay person in the room is the screaming homophobe. Certainly not every bigot is gay, but I think most of us are pretty good at spotting the difference between the ones that are.

In this case we already know her gaydar pinged true since we get see all the MC's thoughts about how sexy she thinks this girl is. Chances are if you sit around thinking about how sexy people of the same sex are then you probably aren't completely strait.

Yeah, this is just an example from my own life, but in my Christian High School we had a group of girls that said tons of homophobic shit about lesbians in class openly in public all the time. I found out after the fact that they have had more sex with other women than they ever had with guys in high school, and during stagette one of them were apparently trying to find me (I didn't go), because there were rumors that I was gay.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

MC seems like the kind of girl to fall for her before chapter 5 lol

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

With all the spoiler text I think I’ll pass, but my only question is what kind of teenager is walking around with 30 grand on them?

To reply you must either login or sign up.