Forum › Citrus + discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Turns out the reason they haven't had sex yet is that Yuzu is just too pure for her own good... :D

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Is it just me or is there actually somebody else who thinks that all this Yuzu top stuff is just boring...? Now that I think of it, Citrus kinda started going downhill when Mei started to become this meek young lady who must be saved/otherwise pampered by Yuzu. Imagine that it was Mei who once said that they must face the world together and not think about the opinions of others. Never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to feel nostalgic even about the sexual harassment Mei...

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

so it was Yuzu who took the ring XD and wow that scene... mei look so hot and horny >///< how can yuzu not do anything at that moment!!!! sigh sad that sadist Sabu won't give me what I want to see... it's been years Sabu! these delaying tactics are not what I sign up for... I'm not an M sabu

because Yuzu is a useless lesbian, you forget that ? XD

oh right but tbh it's beyond useless at this rate like yuzu girl it's been years!!!

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

More than a spell...that was like a ritual...a mating ritual

w/o the mating part...

joined Jul 25, 2020

Mei is so SEXYYYY

joined Mar 8, 2019

Another reader also posted that this particular chapter really illustrates how Mei and Yuzu's relationship has matured, and I totally agree...

I love how their relationship is progressing but I still am waiting for Mei to be the instigator of intimacy. So far it's pretty consistent with the original in the sense that Yuzu is the one furthering the emotional progress of their relationship. It's just that Mei is much less resistant. I've always felt that Citrus was holding out with Mei's character and when Citrus+ was announced, I figured this was why. Perhaps there will be some sort of reversal in the next chapter when Yuzu discovers she accidentally took Mei's ring and Mei can be the one to offer reassurance?

Also, for once I'd like someone to comment on how attractive Yuzu is? Like three people have confessed to wanting Mei and Yuzu so far has had no legitimate suitors. I say this because I always felt Matsuri kissed her not because she romantically wanted Yuzu but because she was trying to push Mei out.

Going back for a moment to the question of virginity. We know Yuzu's never been to the big show, but what about Mei? In Citrus, Mei comes onto Yuzu at one point and says something to the effect of she knows it's Yuzu's first time so she'll be gentle...are we to assume, then, that Mei is not a virgin?

I inferred that Mei had been conditioned to believe that one should be rewarded with sexual acts and that's why she offered her self up to Yuzu that time after they bonded with their dad. It explained her aggressive tendencies and mentality towards sex. If Mei's lack of virginity is ever clarified, I think teacher fiance should not have been the one to take her cherry because then that sick f*ck should definitely be sent to jail. It would be slightly more acceptable (not that rape is ever acceptable of course, I'm only speaking in terms of mangaworld) if she were assaulted/raped/propositioned by an upperclassman or even a male student from another high school since they would have been both underage.... but Sabu has already brought back a previous member of the Student Council in the form of Harumi's sister so I don't think they'd repeat but then again, we did have the jealousy/someone's in love with Mei arc in Citrus 3x so who knows.

Though apparently the author promised Citrus+ wouldn't be so dramatic so Mei's probably still a virgin and if she did lose it, it's somehow consensual? If it were teacher fiance or someone else, they probably offered her marriage training and she just accepted it out of a sense of duty. I figure the consent will be dubious and up for debate.

If this were true, then a change could happen to their relationship. I hope not but Yuzu could be reluctant towards Mei if she finds this out. I mean not everyone is open with the idea of pre-marital sex. I guess that's why Yuzu is so giddy about the idea of marriage. Also, Sabu is already showing signs that Mei is afraid that Yuzu may hate her. I have to wait 3 to 4 chapters before I can confirm to myself that there's no problem coming here. I have enough trauma in Citrus that when all is well, something is going to happen in the next few chapters.

The chapters so far have had Yuzu thinking about sex with Mei, at least that's how I've been reading it. So sex will be addressed some time in the next ten years. I wouldn't be surprised if Mei has had sex though. If so, it could definitely be another hurdle to their road to Scissordom. As in Yuzu panicking about whether or not she'll be able to please Mei like her previous "lover(s)" had while Mei figures she's not worthy enough to take Yuzu's purity since she's been around the block.

I think for Yuzu, it's not so much that she's waiting for marriage. She clearly wants to have sex with Mei but probably just wants to strengthen their relationship emotionally and since their not marred by the confines of expectations and expiration dates, she probably figures they can take their time. Marriage for Yuzu just means cementing their future together.

On a different note:
And I know they've done jealousy arc a lot but for once I'd like Mei to be the jealous one.

last edited at Jan 21, 2021 2:36PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it just me or is there actually somebody else who thinks that all this Yuzu top stuff is just boring...? Now that I think of it, Citrus kinda started going downhill when Mei started to become this meek young lady who must be saved/otherwise pampered by Yuzu. Imagine that it was Mei who once said that they must face the world together and not think about the opinions of others. Never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to feel nostalgic even about the sexual harassment Mei...

Sexual stuff aside (just for the sake of argument), there indeed was the time when Mei seemed to be the Ultimate Student Council Prez because she was a confident go-getter rather than simply because of her ability to look like a stern ojou-sama.

I get that we’re supposed to understand that beneath the mask of Hyper-Competent Mei was the Vulnerable, Fragile Mei uncovered by Yuzu. Unlike this one, Bloom Into You did a great job of showing how both things could be true without nerfing one of its main characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mei is still the hyper-competent Student Council President, what the hell are you talking about? Is only on her personal interactions that she's lost.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mei is still the hyper-competent Student Council President, what the hell are you talking about? Is only on her personal interactions that she's lost.

What the hell I’m talking about (such a cute phrase you have there) is the idea that competence in one area might theoretically mean she learns in another, rather than (as is obviously the case with Mei) actually regressing such that the character who seemed to be almost 21 years old in chapter 1 of the main series now seems like she’s about 12.

Having set off her first firework, maybe she go on an errand to the store by herself.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

Imma be honest. I don't need them to screw anymore, not after this chapter gave me The Warm Fuzzies™. Didn't expect the ring thing to be resolved so quickly lmao

joined Dec 8, 2016

Imma be honest. I don't need them to screw anymore, not after this chapter gave me The Warm Fuzzies™. Didn't expect the ring thing to be resolved so quickly lmao

I tend to agree. Anything short of a chapter full (35+ pages) of them going all the way with each one leading the other might be considered a disappointment for as long as some readers have waited for it. Sometimes just the intimacy is enough.

Now two consecutive chapters of them going at it. I'd allow it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What the hell I’m talking about (such a cute phrase you have there) is the idea that competence in one area might theoretically mean she learns in another, rather than (as is obviously the case with Mei) actually regressing such that the character who seemed to be almost 21 years old in chapter 1 of the main series now seems like she’s about 12.

Having set off her first firework, maybe she go on an errand to the store by herself.

You're the one implying she regressed on all facets of her character when that is simply not true. As someone had mentioned before, her being willing to discuss openly what is worrying her is something that rarely happens between couples that have decades together, let alone a bunch of high schoolers.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

oh c'mon
just fuck already!

these useless lesbians are married!! there's no more premarital chastity needed!!

This takes place before the Marriage, btw. But, even with that being said, Sabu didn't even let Mei and Yuzu consecrate their own marriage, in the Volume 10 Special, so it's unlikely she'll ever make these useless lesbians do anything more than kiss. They'll probably remain chaste, even after marriage, considering this.

I didn't even realize it was before the marriage until now.
thanks. i am stupid

we are doomed anyway so

Hentai artist: i can fix that

Unfortunately, after all these years, there was only one artist who had the balls to give us a YuzuXMei Doujin but it was just a 4 page Twitter Comic without any anatomy visible. But, hey, Beggars can't be choosers!

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Going back for a moment to the question of virginity. We know Yuzu's never been to the big show, but what about Mei? In Citrus, Mei comes onto Yuzu at one point and says something to the effect of she knows it's Yuzu's first time so she'll be gentle...are we to assume, then, that Mei is not a virgin? Considering she had a very forceful male fiance before meeting Yuzu, it's very possible that Mei has already had sex, believing it to be some kind of obligation (knowing her personality). This may also explain why when Mei initiates intimacy, it is often very aggressive (that may be her only real experience with romantic affection). Mei also mentions to Matsuri that although she does want Yuzu in a sexual way, she feels that it's important to take their relationship seriously and not rush into anything physical. I don't see anything wrong with this approach, and I think Mei might actually feel intimidated by the idea of sex with Yuzu because she cares about her so much. Due to Mei's previous experiences (which I am guessing were not especially romantic or even pleasant), she may experience a disconnect between sex and love, and therefore, the idea of being intimate with Yuzu could actually be kind of scary for her. This would explain why when she was merely teasing Yuzu in beginning, Mei was very calm, but now that real feelings are involved she becomes flustered when Yuzu so much as kisses her.

I mentioned this earlier but Mei wasn't even willing to consecrate her own marriage with Yuzu, so if you're right about her being too intimidated, by sex, she may actually be a lot more intimidated than you might think if she's not even willing to consecrate her own wedding.

joined Jan 14, 2020

'consummate' is the usual word, not consecrate.

last edited at Jan 21, 2021 8:03PM

joined Jan 7, 2021

Ahem

Ahem

joined Mar 8, 2019

I mentioned this earlier but Mei wasn't even willing to consecrate her own marriage with Yuzu, so if you're right about her being too intimidated, by sex, she may actually be a lot more intimidated than you might think if she's not even willing to consecrate her own wedding.

I’m pretty sure they had carnal relations prior to the marriage given Yuzu’s lack of awkwardness regarding asking for an embrace from Mei and Mei no longer showing reluctance or embarrassment with Yuzu’s antics in that wedding chapter. It depicts a couple that’s been together for a while... of course that’s solely my interpretation.

I just think this along with a lot of Mei related stuff, were purposely not shown on Citrus because we were given Citrus+.

last edited at Jan 21, 2021 10:00PM

joined Jan 7, 2021

Like all I can do rn is beg for sabu to give us a sex scene
You see because there can’t be an ending to citrus with no sex
This couple to me is ultimate, it made me realise that I’m a lesbian
It makes me happy in hard and rough times
All I could ever ask and my only wish is there to be a sex scene between mei and Yuzu
It’s just that it’s important now
We need happiness from them
Although Mei was willing to do sex with yuzu back in the first part of citrus when it was Christmas but yuzu always obviously refused coz first it was too early and WE KNEW MEI JUST WANTED TO DO IT COZ OF YUZU not coz she wanted to do it
And yuzu was scared like tff who wouldn’t be
But NOW ITS TIME COME ON SABAROUTA
CHAOSTEAM PLEASE REACH THIS OUT TO SABAROUTA
THANK U AND PLEASE

last edited at Jan 21, 2021 10:37PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

You see because there can’t be an ending to citrus with no sex

Saburouta: "Hold my sake"

This couple to me is ultimate, it made me realise that I’m a lesbian

Ohh shit same high five they or more specifically Mei made me realize I was bi. Thus why they still mean a little somethin to me even if their story ain't the best, they were my gateway.

Shizuru%20and%20natsuki
joined Jun 18, 2020

Ah, it's wonderful to see that young lesbians and bisexuals have gained a better grasp of their own sexuality through the power of yuri. Shoujo-ai and yuri actually benefited me in the same way back when I was slowly but surely coming out of the closet (so many moons ago, or at least it feels that way, lol). Yuri...the ultimate gateway drug:3

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Everybody's talking about the hickey and the useless lesbians, and I'm just here laughing at the fact that Yuzu has been wearing Mei's ring this whole time.

joined Jan 7, 2021

Everybody's talking about the hickey and the useless lesbians, and I'm just here laughing at the fact that Yuzu has been wearing Mei's ring this whole time.

Hm but why did Yuzu say to Mei “You can keep my ring”
my point is why would Yuzu take Mei’s ring from out of the box when she took her’s already out

last edited at Jan 22, 2021 12:50PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuzu is pretty airheaded so is not unlikely that she saw Mei's ring sitting on the desk and since they're the same size she put it on without realizing it wasn't hers

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Hm but why did Yuzu say to Mei “You can keep my ring”
my point is why would Yuzu take Mei’s ring from out of the box when she took her’s already out

She didn't mean to take Mei's ring. She left -her- ring with her other jewelery, that's what they're showing in the last page there. Which means later she picked up Mei's ring, thinking it was hers because they have the same ring size, and Mei didn't notice because she didn't think to look through Yuzu's jewelery for her ring.

last edited at Jan 22, 2021 10:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.