Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

For a moment I thought Wanko was naked inside the box

Scratch that, it turns out she was and I wasn't just mis-seeing things, that must have been an awkward request to give to her coworkers

I was going to ask if I was seeing things or if Wanko was naked other than the cape and bows tied in strategic locations... at least covering her breasts... with her coworkers there to help her set up the surprise... That's asking a whole lot of your coworkers! I don't think I could ever even THINK of asking my coworkers to help me with something like that!

I'm also guessing that Elly's work meeting going long, probably because of the birthday celebration at the meeting, nice gesture that it was, taking up time that would have been dedicated to ... you know ... actual WORK ... lead to Wanko being naked and cold in the box for a bit longer than she anticipated and, thus, needing to go to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY after popping out to surprise Elly.

And Ataru certainly has it bad. It's clear that she'd do anything for Elly, but I don't think the conversation in the car on the way home reflects well on her since she pretty much was sowing seeds of discontent and trying to add to Elly's already low mood by suggesting that their relationship was headed toward stagnation. Speaking as someone who, despite being at an age where birthdays don't really matter that much, had one a few years back where my very young daughter, quite late in the day, asked me when my birthday was, knowing it was coming soon and I had to tell her while fighting back tears that it was today and then tell her that "no... nobody remembered it" when she asked, it's not something that needs to have extra angst added to.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

rainbow8 posted:

To answer the questions: I've never heard of "Stacy" and incel slang would get no sympathy from me.

"john" feels more like an established synonym, but if someone named John complained I would try to use other terms, it's not hard. I don't think I use it much anyway.

I have non-white friends named Karen who have said they find the new slang hurtful. They don't like seeing their name turned into a term of opprobrium, oddly enough. So I'm not just making up a problem.

Okay, I'm done with the tangent

To quote myself from the bottom of the last page:

Alice Cheshire posted:

random posted:

...even I think this convo is amazingly off-topic, just sayin'. :|

Agreed on that, so let's end this tangent here. Doesn't seem like any productive conversation could come from it anyways.

This means stop immediately. Not make another post in an attempt to get the last word in. Don't do this again.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

And Ataru certainly has it bad. It's clear that she'd do anything for Elly, but I don't think the conversation in the car on the way home reflects well on her since she pretty much was sowing seeds of discontent and trying to add to Elly's already low mood by suggesting that their relationship was headed toward stagnation.

It's certainly possible she was doing it to make her feel bad, but reading over it again, it seems like it could also just as likely be trying to minimize it so she doesn't feel as bad. Ataru's immediate backpedaling would seem to imply that she wasn't trying to make her feel bad on purpose. Again, people can fake that, but I don't see her as someone who's that damn duplicitous at this point.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I get called an incel and a feminazi about equal amounts on the internet, so it evens out. Turns out words are just words, weird huh.

Also damn, my heart can't take another sad arch.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Have surprise birthday parties ever not been a terrible idea, both in fiction and real life?

I've seen them done well. I think the key is to have them wrapped in a smaller celebration, so the person who's getting surprised thinks they're getting something good, but they actually get something better.

As not-actually-recent example, for my uncles birthday his his wife and daughter told him they booked dinner at a restaurant he really likes. In truth, they booked the bottom floor and a whole bunch of friends and family, including his son who'd flown in from the other side of the country, were waiting for him.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, the latest chapter is one creative way for the author to admit they've got a writer's block. :D

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Yes, caught up! I love that the chapters are short, highlights the slice of life moments.

joined Jul 23, 2017

why is she wearing bunny ears? -> sometimes life be like that

joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m honestly confused by everything in this chapter. Well not the first page. The rest though.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I was just telling my friend how realistic all the characters felt a week or two ago.... and now we have 3 foot tall manager with bunny ears

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

why is she wearing bunny ears?

My thoughts exactly

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I sure hope there's something about those ears in an upcoming chapter, or this place might end up like:

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I am afraid of bunny girl ™

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I was just telling my friend how realistic all the characters felt a week or two ago.... and now we have 3 foot tall manager with bunny ears

There's adults out there that are 4'10 or shorter, there's also various health aspects that can stunt or alter growth for numerous reasons. So I don't think her being small is unrealistic, so much as it's just something that people probably don't see very often.

As for the bunny years, I mean why not? She's the boss and makes the rules, maybe she just feels like wearing bunny ears for the hell of it.

I'm not really sure why people are so confused by this chapter. I saw it and thought, oh the author had some fun with this one, and decided to make things a bit more comedic and lighthearted.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 7:18PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Obviously the manager is a rabbit wearing a woman suit.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Those rabbit ears...

joined Dec 16, 2017

Pe..Pekora??

Captain_Napalem
joined Nov 28, 2020

Yeah, the bunny ears are a bit strange and all, but why is Wanko wearing a gas mask?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Yeah, the bunny ears are a bit strange and all, but why is Wanko wearing a gas mask?

Because to a voice actress starring in her first regular role, the common cold may as well be poison gas. (There's a chance these are Sakuma's precautions rather than Wanko's).

joined Jan 14, 2020

There's text about how her voice is her life, because voice actress.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Oh I like the manager (and the bunny ears are a cute extra).

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The backstory seems pretty fucking cringe to me. Instead of holding the managerial staff to a standard of behavior and telling them to knock it off (or reporting them to HR), she degraded herself so she could be seen more easily? That's a big ol' nope from me.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

What a plot twist

Also why did they censor "shonen" instead of "jump"?

last edited at Jan 16, 2021 4:50PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

What does "pretty white company" mean?

To reply you must either login or sign up.