Forum › The Nighthawk Drifts About discussion

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Also -- why is everyone psychoanalyzing this manga?

We got time.

Yuri cheating is great!

Not always.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

What absolute vile putrid being the MC is in this one, literally just cheating because too scared of ??? Like what is the point of this series, just break up and go safely manipulate your friend, goddamn degenerate MC

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 8:33AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

TyrantRex posted:

I don't get this "you have to get married because mom says it".I guess it is other culture or just fiction to make a manga.

It's more "society expects it" and it's expected norm. People expect you to marry before you're 30 and have kids. Part of it is general stability, but there's also expectation that it's what makes you a productive member of society and it's your responsibility to the country. It's especially common in Asian countries, but definitely not exclusive to them.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I don't get this "you have to get married because mom says it".I guess it is other culture or just fiction to make a manga.

It's not uncommon in western culture either, to hear every woman during family gatherings to immediately go for "do you have a boyfriend? when are you getting married? I'm waiting for grandchildren" etc. It's getting less and less common with younger generations, but it still happens.

On top of that, people have various relations with their families, so words that mean nothing to you might hit really deep for someone else. Or even if you, intellectually, don't care, you may care emotionally. Eg. I don't particularly care about what my parents think about my life choices, but while going through therapy I noticed that a lot of my decisions are influenced by fulfilling the trust and support I was given while growing up.

And for most people in Japan, the pressure is probably 10x of what we feel in the west, due to being raised in a culture that puts much greater importance on fulfilling your role, being a meaningful member of society etc.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is a wonderful train wreck...

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

well this is going to be a painful read...

at least they've had sex like numerous times already...

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I'm kinda conflicted on this one to be honest, If anything i'm kinda starting to dislike MC a bit, she's basically leading BOTH of them on here.
But at the same time I don't want to put all the blame on her considering she can't just divorce him and go on with her life like she would be able to do here in the U.S.

Also the husband isn't as trash as I thought this series would make him out to be, just lacking in tact, I can't really hate him.... yet. I won't be surprised if they end up pulling a Netsuzou Trap lol

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 9:08PM

Untitled
joined Nov 13, 2019

'Marriage and having kids in a country with dangerously atrocious birthrates and the same anti-traditionalist circles that divided and crippled other countries growing by the day? How repugnant. Better cheat on my obviously dislikeable dimlow of a Japanese Male™ that I'm already not honest about my opinions of to any of the people that push me to continue my family's existence.'

This is a wonderful train wreck...

choo choo Next stop, depression.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I love how everyone is so incredibly upset/angry over a manga with the "CHEATING" tag that they willingly chose to read.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I could have sworn this series had a Romance to it.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

'Marriage and having kids in a country with dangerously atrocious birthrates and the same anti-traditionalist circles that divided and crippled other countries growing by the day? How repugnant. Better cheat on my obviously dislikeable dimlow of a Japanese Male™ that I'm already not honest about my opinions of to any of the people that push me to continue my family's existence.'

Cryptofascism? On my dynasty scans? It’s more likely than you think

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 4:55PM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I'm kinda conflicted on this one to be honest, If anything i'm kinda starting to dislike MC a bit, she's basically leading BOTH of them on here.
But at the same time I don't want to put all the blame on her considering she can't just divorce him and go on with her life like she would be able to do here in the U.S.

Also the husband isn't as trash as I thought this series would make him out to be, just lacking in tact, I can't really hate him.... yet. I won't be surprised if they end up pulling a Netsuzou Trap lol

Ooh damn what was the netsuzou trap pull? It’s been so long since I read/watched it.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

She is irredeemable.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Am I dumb or was this posted here before. I feel like I read this chapter already and now I'm confused.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

People being unreasonably angry at manga characters: the thread.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You get money for the most vitriolic self-righteous moralistic condemnation of the fictional behavior of imaginary people.

I mean, you must, right? Has to be a pretty tidy sum, too . . .

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

You get money for the most vitriolic self-righteous moralistic condemnation of the fictional behavior of imaginary people.

I mean, you must, right? Has to be a pretty tidy sum, too . . .

Hell, I’d do it for a couple bucks. Getting to rant the day’s stresses away AND being able to afford a bottle of iced tea? Sounds like a win to me.

Am I dumb or was this posted here before. I feel like I read this chapter already and now I'm confused.

It was on Mangadex for a while before now, so maybe you saw it there?

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 9:12PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I like the description about days spent by the inklab, because it tells us that the relationship between Chinami and Yukako has always been rather formless and abstract, focused more around simply being rather than pursuing anything or looking for romantic goals. In that sense, you could say it's less driven than a conventional marriage with 'objectives' of cohabitation and childhood, but as Yukako is starting to realize, that comfortable, companionable warmth might be precisely what she wanted her entire life. This isn't a steamy kind of affair- it's an attempt to reconnect, and find some semblance of satisfaction.

Chinami going on the offensive is great to see, because she's done playing the patient, invisible lover. She realizes that the their relationship only really became intimate once she took charge back when they were teenagers, and understands that she needs to do so again, because Yukako isn't strong enough. She'll invite Chinami in, let her get a foot in the door, but that's pretty much it- the rest is up to Chinami and her confidence. At last, we're approaching equivalency, as both parties to the affair reveal and seize their true desires.

Also, Dickey Spouse getting an SSR made me chuckle, because depressed salarymen seeking happiness in gacha waifus is quite realistic. If nothing else, he's used up all his luck for a while.

joined Mar 31, 2013

Yeah I had to reread this comment like four times understand it, because my brain didn't want to make the jump to realize it was fascist 'progressives and homosexuals ruining the world' bullshit in the comment section of a yuri manga on a yuri-focused site.

last edited at Jan 1, 2021 11:13PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

afk was kind enough to pick this up and share it with because the version originally on MangaDex was, sadly...not the best effort out there.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Fascism obviously, but I'm not sure how crypto it is.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

afk was kind enough to pick this up and share it with because the version originally on MangaDex was, sadly...not the best effort out there.

I wouldn't want to take all the credit for this one. Kikaluna provided the raws, and was the one who asked me to translate the series, and, starting from Chapter 3, zats, the editor for Suito-to!, will be helping me with this one as well.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I never read off of mangadex so I guess I just misremembered something similar. Still I enjoy(?) This series and it's interesting premise. Kinda curious to see if the author has done any other more uhh.. wholesome yuri stuff.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

chinami is done with her shit lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.