Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

like i said it's my fault when i saw the first chapter was garbage i should have droped it there insead of waiting for it to get better. this isn't even a reboot it's a complete different thing but toped with crappy drama minus the good things the first version had. and even in a manga i won't root for a murderer. this should have stayed were it belonged: horror manga.and not beeing on a murderer's side doesn't mean you know nothing about manga! or maybe there is a rule saying i should be rooting for murderers as long as it is the main character ? because i've never heard of it.

Feel free to mention which parts of this story prove Nekozaki is a murderer. And no, her simply saying so means nothing. It doesn't fit her personality, and there's not a single bit of evidence presented yet that such a thing happened, so it sounds to me like you're going off on absolutely nothing at all except her "confession." There's nothing about this manga that makes it horror in the slightest, either. The whole thing is your misunderstanding.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 3:06PM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well personally when i heard it was another chapter on a side pair, i was like "oh for the love of god" then i saw it was an end of volume extra so i was like " oh ok. That's nice".I'm not really invest in the pair (or the side pair in this manga in general) but at least we had confirmation she isn't with Tsubaki just because of Nekozaki. That's said, nobody said she didn't make Tsubaki and Nekozaki roommates to have insiders.

Yeah for sure. I like that the side characters are getting more fleshed out here, and the author is definitely telling some creative and cool stories with them, but in the end we’re all here for the main pair. It feels like they’ve been put on hold, and I wonder if that’s just interrupting the flow because we’re getting a drip feed of chapters, or if it really is slamming the breaks on the train. I hope that we get back to the main pair in the next volume.

Like you say, it’s cool that this extra chapter makes the whole situation a little less skeevy—but there’s still a lot we don’t know, and it’s hard to tell if the teacher is calculating or just sloppy.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Who said she is a murderer anyway ? Her and her only, at the time there is no actual proof she actually kill her father, it could be just a figure of speech or she just feel guilty about her father's death and blame it on her. It's really to early to call a murderer.

Now that's interesting. The manga is setting it up as serious and high stakes for the characters but hinting to the readers that it's probably a misunderstanding. I wonder what's really going on here? I assume it won't be as obviously not-murder as she asked her dad to go to the convenience store and then he got trucked. Maybe her dad had a mysterious accident (hiking, public transit) where he slipped and she blames herself over it? Distracted him and then that was it. Something just severe and questionable enough to where a PI would be warranted

Has the manga given any clues yet? Her interests or the like

at least we had confirmation she isn't with Tsubaki just because of Nekozaki. That's said, nobody said she didn't make Tsubaki and Nekozaki roommates to have insiders.

To further back up the not a murderer case, I doubt she would intentionally set up her GF with a murderer or let her GF room with one

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 6:01PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Somehow I doubt a newbie teacher would have much influence over dormitory rooming arrangements...

Hypothesis: the causal relationship is the other way around, Shiro was recruited to snoop on Nekozaki because she has an "inside" access to her through Tsubaki. Which would imply whoever she's working on knows about their relationship and thus has some pretty hefty kompromat on Shiro who thus would not be in much of a position to decline. (In this scenario The Mysterious Snooper would presumably have learned about it through digging into the backgrounds of the people presently around Nekozaki while looking for openings.)

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

I'm relieved to see that the teacher and Tsubaki have been at it for a while. I kinda thought it was recent and that the teacher just hooked up with her to get info on Nekozaki or something.

"It's so much better that this teacher-student relationship started in middle school!"

:p

So elementary school would be even better right ^-^ ? /s

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 6:35PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Re-reading the whole series was enjoyable, and also helped sort out what's been happening and who's who.

Also I feel disloyal but it's a lot easier to read on mangadex, with all-page load. Comment system sucks though.

So the couples:

Fashion/sleepy: apparently been together for a while now, no backstory yet, keeping it on the downlow.

Record club: not quite a full couple yet but getting there. Reveal that Pengin actually did remember the whole "she looks suicidal" bit of Airi.

MCs: Nekozaki seems to have let evidence and reason overwhelm her low self-esteem and self-loathing and is trying to reach out to Mikoto, but Mikoto is being stupidly useless enough for both of them.

Creepy pair: dating since Tsubaki was in middle school and Ms. was a teacher! Also Ms. has a wire on Tsubaki and seems to be part of a murder investigation of Nezozaki. Yes, I forgot teacher's name already. Tsubaki might have feelings for Neko or might just want to be an actual friend, I've heard that happens sometimes.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Creepy pair: dating since Tsubaki was in middle school and Ms. was a teacher!

She wasn't a teacher yet, she was just a home tutor, probably as a part-time job while going to college.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Nekozaki seems to have let evidence and reason overwhelm her low self-esteem and self-loathing and is trying to reach out to Mikoto,

At least I think that's what's happening. Since Neko isn't being allowed by Mikoto or the mangaka to finish a sentence (including internal thoughts shown to us) there is room for uselessness yet.

She wasn't a teacher yet, she was just a home tutor, probably as a part-time job while going to college.

Ah right. "You're only a home tutor, and you're just in university". Shiro only became a teacher after they were dating. That's somewhat less bad. :D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

rainbow8 posted:

Also I feel disloyal but it's a lot easier to read on mangadex, with all-page load. Comment system sucks though

You shouldn't feel bad. Dynasty is better for discussion (most Mangadex chapter discussions really suck. There's a lot of people on that site with some serious issues) but reading on Mangadex reduces load on Dynasty's servers. And Dynasty's server load seems to be a bit of an issue considering we have a daily download limit and, in my case at least, it takes quite awhile to read even a single chapter because I spend 10-30 seconds loading a single page on a regular basis despite my internet being fairly fast.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I was referring more to my not having found any comment notification on MDex, so I have to keep a tab open and reloading it. Dynasty isn't sending out emails but at least there's a forum subscription page which isn't useless.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

Whoa. Isn't this a little too serious? First I'd like to say that I didn't mean to make anyone mad. Therefore, I used IMHO. Maybe I write that in full next time. Then, what I meant was, that I prefer stories that have a lifelike twist once in a while. And should a work of fiction not have a realistic view on life once in a while? But nevertheless I understand that being confronted with a suicide topic and an irresponsible obusive teacher in a comedy story is not everybody's cup of tea. I didn't like that very much either. Still, I like the story very much, because it reminds of my own boarding school days. @nevri: Right. I was a bit disturbed by the abrupt change of the mood, as well. It literally killed it. But I still hope that all these dampers have been included for some reason, and that it'll develop some really handkerchief watering romance in the end ^v^.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 7:22AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Whoa. Isn't this a little too serious? First I'd like to say that I didn't mean to make anyone mad.

Never apologize for making toxic people rant about their own misunderstandings.

On a different note, great job Pengin and Shishimaru - sleeping together already ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I really hope there's some development after this chapter's (10) cliffhanger. Knocked over in the sea with your crush on top of you is such a perfect moment for a confession.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Poor Nekozaki, having so much business to attend to. Are we coming up on the end? This seemed to neatly tie up the other couple's paths, but then the rest of the chapter was this sort of silly angst-into-chase scene. Not really sure where this is going...

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 12:25PM

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

That beach scene was good...now kiss

joined Jan 14, 2020

Aargh! Neko had a clue, then dropped it!

joined Nov 27, 2016

Noooo why must it end there! Gah! Just when it got real good

These cliffhangers really just make me wanna jump off the cliff :,( I can’t wait until the next chapter.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

god i love this series. thank you for the chapter.

joined Dec 30, 2018

These cliffhangers really just make me wanna jump off the cliff :,( I can’t wait until the next chapter.

Sane love the story tho

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now apply a wrestling hold so she can't escape!!

Also looool the teasing at the start of the new official couple was soooo so adorable!!!!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

NOW KISS!!!!!!
GOD I'LL DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL IF THEY AIN'T KISSING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

時は来た!
The time has come!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NOW KISS!!!!!!
GOD I'LL DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL IF THEY AIN'T KISSING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

Like reading manga for free? XPPP

joined Jun 7, 2019

here waiting for the new chapter
because i already saw the raws Uwu

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Oh boy!

Uh oh...

To reply you must either login or sign up.