Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Ruby is a good girl

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I was so ready to make a joke regarding Johnny Twobags, but apparently the title means something else. Feelsbadman.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

^ Yup- I think I know all the big subtext magical girl yuri ships out there- and dont get me wrong I love them :) I really love 'The demon girl next door' and really hope s2 will be great :)

But I meant a magical girl show with blatent yuri like in strawberry panic or sakura trick, with kissing and romance and dating etc!

I would kill for a season of precure where 2 of the girls actually became a couple!

The closest I can think of is nanoha, where the two mains are effectively married, sharing a house, a bed and a child. However you never get to see them DO anything,

Edit: of course nanoha is s mech anime in magical girl clothing so it may not count :p

In Sailor Moon the "cousins" are a couple in the Japanese version too

Ohh an Mako is overtly attracted to Ryuko in Kill la Kill

The late 80's early 90's were weird. Both Sailor Moon and Ghost in the Shell did a lot of stuff that wouldn't be acceptable for quite a while afterwards. In fact, I don't think we've seen any leads in a lesbian poly relationship like the Major's since, well, the Major.

Also, yeah, Ryoko and Mako were pretty canonically gay in Kill la Kill. The semi-questionable couple would be Satsuki and Nonon. That said, I don't think it quite qualifies as a magical girl show, simply because secret identities aren't a thing and they don't transform so much as gain a power up.

Aside from Nanoha and Madoka, isn't there yuri in Yuki Yuna? Also, does Flip Flappers count? They're magical (I think), they transform (sometimes), they fight an evil secret organization, and they have a mascot.

->Doesn't count Symphogear

I haven't actually watched it yet. Is it actually any good?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Doesn't count Symphogear

I haven't actually watched it yet. Is it actually any good?

Depends on what you want from a show. The plot, characterization and pacing are all kinds of wack, but the sheer awesomeness of the fight scenes, the brilliance of the music, the overall gayness and the emotional beats really make up for it. Symphogear is the dumbest show I have ever watched, but it also brought me to the verge of tears three separate times- not because of sadness, but because the characters were so overwhelmingly awesome that my tear-ducts spontaneously began to overflow. As someone who's simultaneously facepalmed at the contrived-ass writing and screamed my lungs out and whooped like a five-year old during the season finales, I've gotta say that Symphogear isn't something you can review, but something that you need to experience for yourself. It gets decidedly better with every season, but you'll know very early on whether or not its for you. Also, it has Nana Mizuki, which is automatically a huge argument in favor of the whole thing (Zettou: Ame-no-Habakiri is one of the best character themes ever, and carries Season 1 all on its own).

joined Aug 21, 2017

Magical Zoom

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"I REALLY HATE BEING COOL!"

...No worries girl, you're not. <:D

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

^ Yup- I think I know all the big subtext magical girl yuri ships out there- and dont get me wrong I love them :) I really love 'The demon girl next door' and really hope s2 will be great :)

But I meant a magical girl show with blatent yuri like in strawberry panic or sakura trick, with kissing and romance and dating etc!

I would kill for a season of precure where 2 of the girls actually became a couple!

The closest I can think of is nanoha, where the two mains are effectively married, sharing a house, a bed and a child. However you never get to see them DO anything,

Edit: of course nanoha is s mech anime in magical girl clothing so it may not count :p

Also, yeah, Ryoko and Mako were pretty canonically gay in Kill la Kill. The semi-questionable couple would be Satsuki and Nonon. That said, I don't think it quite qualifies as a magical girl show, simply because secret identities aren't a thing and they don't transform so much as gain a power up.

I get that Kill la Kill doesnt entirely feel like a magical girl show, but it definently is. In fact its designed to be a perfect opposite ogmf Madoka

As for transformations, they are there they are just Short

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

idk this is getting pretty gay for a non-yuri manga

This is a non-yuri manga?

Author's drawn some pretty clear yuri stuff before, and this doesn't seem to break from tradition. Probably just a case of the 'mahou shoujo' aspect taking precedence over the 'yuri' one in terms of advertising and tagging. Although I'd personally like to think that magical girls are so gay that it's a given that any series about them would feature lesbians.

That brings Up the contraversial question, what about Magical girl raising site

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Ganbare, Azurite. Work on your lines and realize that your fellow magical girl gets wetter than the Panama Canal when you're around.

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

silly mahou shoujo, you need to think up of your own catchy one-liners

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Don't worry girl, that was the opposite of cool.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Red Baron

Ah, wie ich sehe, sind Sie auch eine gebildete Person.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 4:05AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

So if Blue is earning M Points, is Red earning S Points?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Someone should tell her she can wax now and then or use an epilator etc if she doesnt wanna be shaving every day.

But I must say thats not up there on the list I had of the tribulations of a magic girl lol.

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 5:16PM

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

When the blue is sus

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Hmmm. So that's why red follows blue. All to see some something jiggle pfft

joined May 24, 2014

Good lord, will she ever stop whining? Oh hello there, sweetcheeks!

joined Dec 13, 2018

Oh lord, until the last panel, I forgot that her butt was completely exposed.

my blue, you should have gone full Dark Souls.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I'm liking this series more with each chapter. Underneath the gag comedy veneer, it makes some surprisingly clever points about the tropes and conventions of the genre and how people might rationally react to them. Now that I think about it, creating a system where middle-schoolers have to run around town in embarrassing outfits and tying any changes to their on-field productivity is a pretty scummy practice. Then again, they've also hired a tentacle hentai monster as one of their familiars, so maybe Azurite's just working for the mahou shoujo equivalent of a black company. Ruby, as with most senior employees, gives no actual shits about any of this and is just here to peer at the new intern's ass. Depressingly realistic, I'd say.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Azurite really reminds me of Cure Marine but with more complaining and is easier to pull the wool over her eyes

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Mirai and Liko from MahoPre were not very low key implied to be a couple in the anime and were sort of confirmed official manga because of a kiss that went on longer than necessary which was a result of having to mouth feed medicine + memories being triggered

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 1:36AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Good lord, will she ever stop whining? Oh hello there, sweetcheeks!

I think she might have a point on this one. ...

Also, definitely should've stuck with the souls armor and maybe tried for some more upgrades.

I'm liking this series more with each chapter. Underneath the gag comedy veneer, it makes some surprisingly clever points about the tropes and conventions of the genre and how people might rationally react to them. Now that I think about it, creating a system where middle-schoolers have to run around town in embarrassing outfits and tying any changes to their on-field productivity is a pretty scummy practice. Then again, they've also hired a tentacle hentai monster as one of their familiars, so maybe Azurite's just working for the mahou shoujo equivalent of a black company. Ruby, as with most senior employees, gives no actual shits about any of this and is just here to peer at the new intern's ass. Depressingly realistic, I'd say.

Slander! That's not a tentacle monster. That's clearly one of Dusa's descendents, by way of Cyclops. Just look at his cute snakes.

Stupidruby
joined Dec 30, 2017

Ah, I see that Ruby is a woman of culture...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cute butt.

To reply you must either login or sign up.