Forum › My Best Friend's Engagement was Annulled. I Need To Do My Best To Stop It! ...But I Was The Reason Behind It... discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I wonder what causes more discourse here. People mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist, or the cheating-themed stories we occasionally get.

There shouldn't be any discourse involving people mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist. Or heterosexual relationships for that matter. They should simply be banned from this site. Nobody has to put up with that garbage.

Ain't that the truth. And we are so damn lucky that for so many years Nezchan worked hard to keep the forum clean from those toxic little trolls and the bigoted shit they wanted to get away with.

We can't thank enough Nezchan. Seriously, no matter how many times we thank Nezchan for all those years of hard work, it won't be enough. Nobody will ever do a better job.

Psx_20210526_201147
joined Jun 5, 2019

worst bad stupid shitty idiotic, artist shall be banned from take pen anymore

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

worst bad stupid shitty idiotic, artist shall be banned from take pen anymore

Tell us what you really think. Don't just mince words.

joined Sep 6, 2018

islam moment

Latter Day Saints moment

joined Jul 23, 2019

Just look at it all...
https://i.imgur.com/cXeLywX.png

Ah yes. Carthage.

Thank you for this comment!
I had absolutely no idea what that picture was supposed to be... until I read your reply, lmao.

I guess I'm better at history than at geography?

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 9:41PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

It wasn't well executed, but I liked the idea.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

uh ok, cool I guess? I feel indifferent about it honestly

joined Jun 7, 2019

I wonder what causes more discourse here. People mad that bisexuality and polyamory exist, or the cheating-themed stories we occasionally get.

Why would it make you biphobic or polyphobic just because you don't like a story because a dude is involved in the romance? By the way, the problem is not that, the problem is that it has the tag "yuri" when clearly it's not,and it is basically why most of us are here, for a romantic relationship yuri
pd:i'm bisexual myself so i don't think that i can be biphobic or smth

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 10:17PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i wasnt mad about poly or bi, they just didnt show that there was actually like a romantic relationship between any of them. believe me when i say im starved for good poly content, but this was pretty crummy in that department.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why would it make you biphobic or polyphobic just because you don't like a story because a dude is involved in the romance? By the way, the problem is not that, the problem is that it has the tag "yuri" when clearly it's not,and it is basically why most of us are here, for a romantic relationship yuri

There is a nice history of people posting biphobic and polyphobic nonsense on this website. You can have a different view, I don't think anybody is lumping you in with those people. As for the tag, this title is clearly from the Yuri Villainess Anthology. Given how the story plays out, I think it's a pretty safe bet to trust the author/editor intentions rather than replacing them with some other interpretation.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

There is a nice history of people posting biphobic and polyphobic nonsense on this website. You can have a different view, I don't think anybody is lumping you in with those people. As for the tag, this title is clearly from the Yuri Villainess Anthology. Given how the story plays out, I think it's a pretty safe bet to trust the author/editor intentions rather than replacing them with some other interpretation.

This is NOT a yuri-only anthology, and was never promoted as one. It includes yuri but it is not SOLELY yuri.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh I thought this was fine. Was surprised by all the comments since it's just something short and simple to read without requiring much thought. I guess the only thing that threw me off was when it was revealed they were both married to the prince instead of to each other, but i figured it's just some work around in that world to all be together. It's too short to really nitpick at things.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Chill people its not even that bad like the ending is pretty wholesome just not fleshed out. Also can we please be a bit more open minded to bisexuality?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is NOT a yuri-only anthology, and was never promoted as one. It includes yuri but it is not SOLELY yuri.

My mistake then. The result is the same, the tag stays.

But on second thought an hour later, I don't think I said it was solely yuri in the first place. This story should be a good indication of that, so...colour me confused.

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 12:16AM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

There's a lot of "BUT ARE THEY REALLY IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP" arguments going around and I'm just here, with my big brain thoughts of "if it wasn't romantic, why would they jump to the idea of marriage instead of arranging something else?"

But yeah, in the end a lot of this discussion is just reinforcing my immediate distrust of "pure yuri" fans. A lot of it just reads like "I'm open to (bisexual/poly relationships) BUT" where everything after is just being vindictive of the relationship mentioned.

Primeval Revenant
joined Jun 16, 2019

Honestly, the story execution is pretty meh, mostly due to being too short for the necessary development, but I really didn't expect this much of a storm for such a simple little thing. Sheesh people, calm down. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't hellfire trash.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Because there was an arranged marriage in place, duh. They just added MC into it.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 11:53PM

joined May 23, 2017

This is hilarious lol

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

Yeah, no

uncomfortable

last edited at Dec 13, 2020 12:28AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This is so fucking funny, what a chad author. Big points for creativity and finding a way to make nobody the bad guy in an otherwise done-to-death scenario, for sure.

I feel it could have had a bigger impact and “worked” better with more time and development... but it’s definitely better than the other stuff we’ve gotten from this anthology. If we’re gonna go this far, either develop the prince a bit more, or pull something like, “oh actually the prince was actually just super butch, regards!” and just lean in to the tomfuckery.

... shit, now I actually really want to see that. Like do a Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl thing, where the prince is trying to disguise that she’s a woman because she doesn’t want to lose the villainess, but then she finds out the villainess is gay because she’s in love with the heroine so she reveals herself and they poly it up. Shit, maybe I’ll write something like that...

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Considering how many otomekais I've been reading; this is truely the best ending. I honestly feel bad for the leftover person in these kinds of stories so this is nice

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

... shit, now I actually really want to see that. Like do a Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl thing, where the prince is trying to disguise that she’s a woman because she doesn’t want to lose the villainess, but then she finds out the villainess is gay because she’s in love with the heroine so she reveals herself and they poly it up. Shit, maybe I’ll write something like that...

This would be genuinely brilliant. And the endgame plot twist would be that men died out 500 years ago, leaving the kingdom inhabited solely by lesbians trying to disguise their genders to blend in with the guys without realizing that the 'guys' were also all just confused gay girls. The truth is revealed when everyone gets drunk and spills the beans at a court orgy, and the next morning, they declare a public holiday to commemorate 500 years of uselessness while energetically making up for lost time. And that, kids, is how World Lesbian Day was created.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I think it was pretty clear from the line "I shall continue praying for this happiness to persist while supporting my precious one and my husband." that the arrangement was made so that she and Maria could be together as well as Maria and the prince.

joined Aug 10, 2016

This really felt like it should have been in the regular Villainess anthology usually put out, where half the time the story is bad, and not in something literally advertised as being yuri.

Yuriisthebestest
joined Sep 4, 2020

Oh wtf what a "great" ending

To reply you must either login or sign up.