Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well I think this once she is allowed to get a bit angsty. A good looking, popular guy next to her blushing girlfriend? Can anybody tell me honestly they would not get a bad feeling in their stomach?

joined Feb 1, 2013

I loved how the rest of the girls, other than Yamada and Hana, are all squealing and "blue-screening"!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The Nostradami of Doom are strong again this season I see.

They're so awfully boring and repetitive, aren't they?

It's one of the great paradoxes of Dynasty forum. The more lovely and appealing a yuri manga is, the more dry and tedious the naysayers get.

It ensues that when a series is as captivating and delightful as this one, and has characters as precious and adorable as these ones, reading the forum becomes especially dull and wearisome.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Nostradami of Doom are strong again this season I see.

They're so awfully boring and repetitive, aren't they?

It's one of the great paradoxes of Dynasty forum. The more lovely and appealing a yuri manga is, the more dry and tedious the naysayers get.

It ensues that when a series is as captivating and delightful as this one, and has characters as precious and adorable as these ones, reading the forum becomes especially dull and wearisome.

In a way it’s the paradox that comes with the territory in open-ended serial popular fiction—the audience insists that it be the same (that is, retain the qualities that define it and make it popular) while also changing (show “progress,” avoid “repetitiveness, etc.), simultaneously.

This series has always been marked by an absence of internal conflict in the MC’s relationship—they’ve been head-over-heels for each other pretty much from the start. The “conflict” comes from the dynamic that Kase is so smitten with Yamada that she thinks everyone in the universe is likely to try to sweep her away, while Yamada feels insecure about being a suitable partner for the goddess Kase. So external elements like boys or female rivals are always going to be the basis of their inevitable (and inevitably temporary) misunderstandings.

Repetition being one of the fundamental principles of comedy, I have little problem with it here, although I also wouldn’t mind seeing Yamada especially being more proactive and independent in her own chosen sphere (that is what attracted Kase to her in the first place, after all).

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Getting really fed up with all the yuri in this manga. Why can't the author do something different for a change? Like maybe throwing in some giant robots?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Getting really fed up with all the yuri in this manga. Why can't the author do something different for a change? Like maybe throwing in some giant robots?

Dinosaurs fighting giant apes, or GTFO.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Yamada especially being more proactive and independent in her own chosen sphere (that is what attracted Kase to her in the first place, after all).

What, like inviting Kase to sleep at her place on Christmas night? lol
It's a tradition in Japan that lovers must have sex on Christmas night. Love hotels are always fully booked and a typical romcom joke is that couples who forget to make a reservation can't find a room anywhere. If Yamada invited Kase to spend Xmas night with her, it's for the nooky and they both know it!

Proactive baby steps. <3 I'm sho proud of my babies Kase & Yamada. <3

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 1:21PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Yamada especially being more proactive and independent in her own chosen sphere (that is what attracted Kase to her in the first place, after all).

No, actually I’m fine with the progress of their sex life. lol

By “chosen sphere” I mean as a vegetable goddess: Yamada showing that she’s got special qualities beyond making Kase want to jump her bones (not that that’s anything to sneeze at).

Remember, it’s the Yamada who could say, “I want to be able to say I DID IT!” that totally melted Kase’s heart. Kase admires Yamada as well as lusts after her bod, and we might well get some reminders of why in the upcoming arc.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Can we compromise on giant robot apes?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can we compromise on giant robot apes?

Deal.

(Maybe people would be happier if Kase slew the guys around Yamada with a magic sword instead of mostly glaring at them.)

joined Jul 21, 2020

No, actually I’m fine with the progress of their sex life. lol

By “chosen sphere” I mean as a vegetable goddess: Yamada showing that she’s got special qualities beyond making Kase want to jump her bones (not that that’s anything to sneeze at).

Progress... as a vegetable goddess?

Something like this, perhaps? xP

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ That is definitely progress.

From a single leaf grows a mighty . . . Wait, I’ll come in again.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

"No, Kase-san. I'm going to be on top tonight."

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Oh, finally some focus on Yamada's activities. I wonder where this is going and I hope there's no silly cop-out such as Seki secretly being a girl (especially since that wouldn't really change Kase's stance on him, would it?). Since Hana has been looking for a boyfriend for a while, maybe something between them could happen instead. Surely Kase could stop being so jealous for one second then, right? Right?

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

This just keeps getting better, like a gift that keeps on giving. I'm really in shock this doesn't have a better anime treatment

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Jealous Kase strikes again. Yamada being all fired up is good though.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Aww Kase is jealous :)

joined Aug 8, 2020

Begone fancy flower boy. Leave the lesbians alone.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 9:31PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Kase, Kase, Kase. I love you and I think you are the alpha lesbian tomboy, but you gotta let Yamada live her life a little. She's so in love with you that there's not a single soul in the whole universe that could steal her away from you. So chill.

joined Apr 23, 2020

I'm glad that there's an immediate reason for Yamada to not like the prince but I'm also really tired of jealous Kase. It feels like almost every "conflict" in their relationship is one of them being jealous/anxious because of another person. It makes Kase look over-possessive.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Yeah, certification-kun can take a flying leap

Also:
Flowers they kissed by, too cute

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 10:14PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Love how he didn't have done anything but some are already him for just being a male near a lesbian couple. It's even more probable he will end up with Yamada's college friend.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Love how he didn't have done anything but some are already him for just being a male near a lesbian couple. It's even more probable he will end up with Yamada's college friend.

Not only that, Yamada getting a certification would further her career and have a positive impact on her life.

joined May 7, 2017

It's incredible, just don't have any more feelings for this story at all, like the chapter started out so random, felt like went from nothing to nowhere, next chapter couldn't care less? And finished off so abruptly it seems, like author was reminded it had to wrap things up and just did.
If I was in charge of this story, I'd of built mini-character arcs, as to building the MCs characters too, then again like I said many times before, this story had to be concluded at their High School days, this whole uni thing feels so unnecessary.

To reply you must either login or sign up.