Forum › Posts by summersapphic

joined Apr 23, 2020

This is so damn cute and sweet. It's also the kind of story that you can view from a trans perspective, though I know it's almost definitely not intended that way.

Early on, I wondered if Masaru was faking his denseness to some extent, but the way he questioned whether Kazu actually enjoyed being called cute made me think that he was being genuine. Then again, that could have been an excuse; maybe the real reason he wasn't calling Kazu cute was because the family vacation gave him time to think about the situation and realize what was really going on, which left him unsure exactly how to interact with Kazu. I'm probably overthinking it, though.

Oh I definitely read it as trans Kazu, tho maybe just because I'm a trans girl haha. Kazu's large collection of gender-bend manga, interest in women's clothes, desire to feel and be called cute, and increased confidence and self-esteem while dressed like a girl are all pretty strong indicators that Kazu is trans and hasn't realized yet. It might be intentional, but it's not uncommon for authors to accidentally write LGBTQ+ characters!

summersapphic
joined Apr 23, 2020

I'm glad that there's an immediate reason for Yamada to not like the prince but I'm also really tired of jealous Kase. It feels like almost every "conflict" in their relationship is one of them being jealous/anxious because of another person. It makes Kase look over-possessive.

summersapphic
joined Apr 23, 2020

is it just me or anybody think that hinako san maybe have sum haphephobia?u know phobia of being touch by anyone or anybody

I think Hinako is asexual! She loves Asahi but is still uncomfortable with the thought of kissing and touching more than holding hands. I got that feeling early on but I'm really certain now! She seemed to accept that she was in love with a woman pretty easily, so this might be why she felt like she was "defective," which is common with ace folks. It would be so awesome to see that representation in a Yuri series about adults!

Edit: Oh I just went back in this forum and see this is already a conversation. For the record, asexuality is a wide spectrum (there's also aromantic which is separate but not relevant to this discussion). You can like sex, or hate sex, or be disgusted by sex, or only sometimes like sex, or not like kissing, or not like certain touches, or not like any intimate contact at all, or etc etc etc. It's not just "Physical Attraction: Y/N?"

Hinako has definitely shown strong signs of being ace. She could also be demi, meaning she needs a stronger bond with someone before even considering any physical intimacy. As of Chapter 11, I think she's absolutely an ace lesbian (asexual/homoromantic).

last edited at Jan 2, 2021 12:19AM