Forum › SHY discussion

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I wouldn't call it an asspull. The swords' powers were introduced long before this, "Hollow" just should have known better than to let this one go.

Besides, she very clearly either pulled the sword out of her chest or the air around her, and not the anal cavity. Definitely not an asspull. No hero would ever stab someone with a shit-coated sword (apart from Sir Kay, but he was always a bit of a weirdo).

To everyone reading this: Please exercise utmost caution when pulling swords out of your ass, due to the sharp edges. Parental supervision is recommended.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I wouldn't call it an asspull. The swords' powers were introduced long before this, "Hollow" just should have known better than to let this one go.

Besides, she very clearly either pulled the sword out of her chest or the air around her, and not the anal cavity. Definitely not an asspull. No hero would ever stab someone with a shit-coated sword (apart from Sir Kay, but he was always a bit of a weirdo).

Ahem

joined Jul 26, 2016

You could also make like the Monkey King and pull it out of your ear.

Then again most of the shit Sun Wukong does in general is firmly in the "don't try this at home kids" territory...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Damn, she barely monologued, she just stabbed Shy and was done with it

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

I hope Shy manipuling the sword is because her bond with Ai, that will be great for her neko girl

joined Nov 13, 2019

amazing

joined Jul 22, 2014

Is that Shy Saber transformation?!

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Mai goes BANKAI VOID

joined Jul 26, 2016

NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM (disregarding that she's actually smart enough to not advertise aces in her sleeve in advance >_>)

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 6:47PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Girls got more final forms then Freeza

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Shy is a full ninja now, I'd play a game with that technique as her finisher.

joined Aug 30, 2019

What in the Zangetsu-Tessaiga blursed crossover sword is that??? AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why do I feel lie I'm gonna need to dig out my old copy of Kitaro Nishida for the next chapter...

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 12:10PM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Time for a heart to heart.

joined Jul 22, 2014

That attack she dodged going to bite her in the ass, death toll incoming!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now,kiss.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

So... TL;DR: Shy vs EMIYA.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Such a nice chapter, but all I remember is the scanlators' comment at the end and giggling like a madman while looking through it again, keeping an eye out for that pose... :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

IMPOSSIBRU!

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's the power of friendship. Again.

Screenshot_20201216-025435
joined Mar 2, 2020

No, it's the power of Shy's Phoenix Wright point.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I mean...yeah? This chapter literally summarizes the main character's hero name and the title of the series. The whole point is that she's a shy person, someone that feels like she can't reach out for help, but she's learning how to do so as the series progresses and her character develops.

An entirely realistic point to a lot of narratives like this, and more specifically the friendship narrative, is that we rely on people in major ways because it's impossible for a single person to be good at everything, and we commonly seek emotional support from like minded people and communities. We rely on people we don't even know to transport our food, water, and so fourth. Humans being stubborn and trying to do everything themselves is very common, but entirely foolish. I'm sure I'm stating the obvious here, but I think it's a pretty tried and true narrative.

Edit: From what I remember "relying on other people and the power of emotions" has been a central part of the narrative since the very start. The series isn't trying to reinvent the wheel but instead focuses on making something entertaining out of familiar concepts. Another thing with Shy is that she's learning even super heroes need help from other people.

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 9:04PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Man, Shy was really just pinning her to the ground like that wasn't she?

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Booo.. Get off the stage Tokiwhatever!

To reply you must either login or sign up.