Forum › The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

That's rough buddy

Also, I thought the girl who got picked up was from another manga and felt a little confused until I realized that it was just Elly and Wako's lives intersecting.

joined May 31, 2019

huh, the chapter 10 in mangadex was also fixed so that ataru says that if she'd knew elly could swing that way instead of "if i swing that way" that's still here. Added with the current bar scene, i guess she was supposed to be gay from the start.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

And it's now fixed on our end too. Thank you Goggled Anon!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh so older sister is indeed gay, poor thing is being made to pretend to be gay with the actual person she likes.

I was reading this statement rather differently than everyone else seems to be. It's not that there's any force or coercion involved, it's just that if she's going to be with the person she likes, she needs to pretend she's gay (when she's actually gay). So she's being "made" to do it only by the circumstances, not by anyone else.

After all, when the other girl says, "I know--let's get publicity by pretending to be a gay couple!" her options were either to agree or to give a reason for refusing, which would be:

• "I'm uncomfortable pretending to be gay," which sends the message that she's not OK with gayness, or

• "It would be too painful because I'm actually gay and in love with you," which she's obviously not prepared to do.

So the reasonable thing (from her POV) is to play along and hope to someday somehow turn "kidding" into "not kidding."

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Oh so older sister is indeed gay, poor thing is being made to pretend to be gay with the actual person she likes.

I was reading this statement rather differently than everyone else seems to be. It's not that there's any force or coercion involved, it's just that if she's going to be with the person she likes, she needs to pretend she's gay (when she's actually gay). So she's being "made" to do it only by the circumstances, not by anyone else.

After all, when the other girl says, "I know--let's get publicity by pretending to be a gay couple!" her options were either to agree or to give a reason for refusing, which would be:

• "I'm uncomfortable pretending to be gay," which sends the message that she's not OK with gayness, or

• "It would be too painful because I'm actually gay and in love with you," which she's obviously not prepared to do.

So the reasonable thing (from her POV) is to play along and hope to someday somehow turn "kidding" into "not kidding."

She could have also said something along the lines of "It's rude to treat homosexuality as a costume you can put on when convenient, since actual lesbians can't just turn it off and face actual persecution for it."

joined Jul 26, 2016

She could have also said something along the lines of "It's rude to treat homosexuality as a costume you can put on when convenient, since actual lesbians can't just turn it off and face actual persecution for it."

Because that would totally have been in character and all.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Especially addressed to someone she has (tenuous) hopes of getting in the sack.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Especially addressed to someone she has (tenuous) hopes of getting in the sack.

Plus again she doesn't seem bothered by playing up their relationship to the public. She just wishes the relationship was actually real.

Edit: Also a lot of people in Entertainment industries play up relationships for the public, including hetero relationships and even just friendships. People love romance and gossip, people also love wholesome friendships. It's a good way to sell yourself and the person/people you're working with.

last edited at Nov 22, 2020 3:34PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, I'm never gonna get tired of how bad Dynasty users are at understanding basic human behaviour.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Man, I'm never gonna get tired of how bad Dynasty users are at understanding basic human behaviour.

Not sure if I'm included in this, I mean I'm pretty awkward at times, but it's interesting how there's so many different perspectives about human behavior on here. There seems to be many different ideas on what's realistic behavior and what's unrealistic, often each has a perspective clash with how much they differ.

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Man I really like Ataru, she's in love with Sakuma but doesn't want to ruin their friendship and start useless drama and likes seeing her being happy while she's with Wanko, and she isn't awkward or anything, she's still happy to be there and be their friend.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Man I really like Ataru, she's in love with Sakuma but doesn't want to ruin their friendship and start useless drama and likes seeing her being happy while she's with Wanko, and she isn't awkward or anything, she's still happy to be there and be their friend.

No I'm pretty sure she's kinda glum about the situation actually. But she's also enough of an adult to "grin and bear it" and try to put it aside.

Little%20ghost
joined Jan 4, 2019

wow that last update feels like a crossover chapter ahahah
what a coincidence though

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Man, I'm never gonna get tired of how bad internet users are at understanding basic human behaviour.

FTFY

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Damn Ataru is hot

joined Sep 27, 2017

No I'm pretty sure she's kinda glum about the situation actually. But she's also enough of an adult to "grin and bear it" and try to put it aside.

She seems kind of "glum" in general, some people just come off as a bit glum without intending to.

~

Also as for the newest chapter, interesting to see the teacher rejection.

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 8:38PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Looks like Wanko was cultured from the start/ And so this what happens to one-shot yuri manga's mcs when they get rejected by someone. If you think about that way those stories are not so bad after all

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

so she always liked em older hehe

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I wonder if the creator will ever do an Easter egg of the chars from sasameki koto in the bg for fun. It would have been cool to see one of the main characters from here shown to be a classmate from the other comic. ;wň

joined Dec 5, 2019

Poor Wanko having her high school crush...crushed. But then again, you shouldn't spring those things in public like you did with sensei Wako, I know I would be very unconfortable if cofessed to in public

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Wanko soldiering on confessing to sensei. Battle wounds and scars toughed her up and look where she is now and who she's with. 'If you never try, you'll never know'.

Also, Wanko seems to have a thing for older, taller, slimmer. glasses-wearing ladies.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tokyo is one of those tiny towns where everybody knows everybody, apparently.
Also yeah, Wanko totally has a type.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Wanko soldiering on confessing to sensei. Battle wounds and scars toughed her up and look where she is now and who she's with. 'If you never try, you'll never know'.

Also, Wanko seems to have a thing for older, taller, slimmer. glasses-wearing ladies.

Of all the words of tongue and pen, the saddest of these are: It might have been.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Aww poor Wanko

joined Feb 18, 2015

Looks like Wanko has always had a thing for older women... here's hoping this one doesn't decide she made a mistake all those years ago and cause some sort of misunderstanding.

To reply you must either login or sign up.