20221231_115517
joined Feb 8, 2020

I'm too small brain to understand this

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

huh

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That little goddess is probably in charge of the simulation.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shipping duck posted:

I'm too small brain to understand this

It's about going into hololive without precautions

joined May 24, 2014

There was a hole there

But now is gone

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Seeing their world (and especially the hole part) reminds me of Wristcutter : A Love Story.

One of my favorite movie tho..

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

It's good when Tom Waits says that no one would do that twice.

joined Nov 21, 2016

Very entertaining story but then I've done lots of LSD.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

They literally just fell out of the map

joined Aug 21, 2017

I feel like there is a fair amount of deeper meanings in this manga that are just flying over my head.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

topologically people are donuts

joined May 24, 2014

topologically people are donuts

Donuts also have holes

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Phew, almost went to Brazil there.

joined Feb 22, 2018

Oh, Tsukimizu. I love how their metaphors are so hilariously on the nose that they circle back into being esoteric and abstract. Reminds me of Utena and the iconic crimson sexmobile. The town's pretty interesting- at first glance, it seems like a heaven where thoughts influence reality, on second thought, it seems like a hell where your subconscious engineers endless new ordeals, and a third try makes you wonder if it's just purgatory for those that couldn't get anything of value done and wonder what the point of it all is. In the end, you realize that it's all of these things and also none of them, so very abstract and personal and bizarre and incomprehensible that the sum total of all the weirdos cancels out individual absurdity. And so, we loop back to inhabiting an obscure, sleepy local town, as large or small as the distance you're willing to walk to grab the groceries while debating Schopenhauer with your girlfriend.

It's Dadaism in manga form. The comprehensible is just a layer alongside the absurd. Strangely enough there's an SCP where a member of the Church of the Broken God joins the Are We Cool Yet artists collective to create a bizarre machine that also generates a Dadaist reality. It also creates fish.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Insane amounts of What the fuck am I reading?

Also, this Slice of life has been cut at an angle that can't exist in any Earthly geometry.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This manga has you all thinking too hard, let's talk about what's important here. They almost kissed!!! Damn I wish it would have happened, maybe Shimeji would start looking at Majime as more than just a friend. Also, I hope to see something come of quiet girl and teacher.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

While we're at it, the mosasaurus is something of a Schrödinger's cat in squamate form, insofar as palaeontologists can't seem to be able to decide whether to group it with lizards or with snakes, meaning that tagging it would require a quantum superposition of Lizard and Not Lizard.

...I think I need to go and read some normal manga now.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Oh, Tsukimizu. I love how their metaphors are so hilariously on the nose that they circle back into being esoteric and abstract. Reminds me of Utena and the iconic crimson sexmobile. The town's pretty interesting- at first glance, it seems like a heaven where thoughts influence reality, on second thought, it seems like a hell where your subconscious engineers endless new ordeals, and a third try makes you wonder if it's just purgatory for those that couldn't get anything of value done and wonder what the point of it all is. In the end, you realize that it's all of these things and also none of them, so very abstract and personal and bizarre and incomprehensible that the sum total of all the weirdos cancels out individual absurdity. And so, we loop back to inhabiting an obscure, sleepy local town, as large or small as the distance you're willing to walk to grab the groceries while debating Schopenhauer with your girlfriend.

Well put. This is one of the most succinct descriptions I've seen of Tsukimizu's work that still manages to capture the essence and feel of it.

She's one of my favorite artists. Tsukimizu has a very rare gift for capturing and conveying the surreal absurdity of everyday ordinariness.

By creating exaggerated caricatures of what is so strange, beautiful and ugly about our normal day to day existences, most artists end up losing that sense of hum drum ordinariness that is an essential part of our experience as human beings. Tsukimizu's work stands out precisely because it does not, despite how intensely surreal it is.

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 10:40PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Makes sense that Hole-sensei feels better when the school turns vertical. Pits are normally angled down, making them primally terrifying. But if the world drops on its side, then pits just become tunnels that connect places and people. Moon logic at its finest.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

After every chapter I wonder how she's going to keep it going, how will she come up with something new and unexpected, and she always does.

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 2:09PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well let's hope she still feels happy after the school is no longer vertical.
(Maybe the fix will be another "slapdash"...)

joined Jan 4, 2020

Egg chan is thirsty but shimeji is still a too apatethic

Tabco%20avatar
joined Jan 17, 2018

This latest chapter reminded me of the book Sideways Stories from Wayside School, which I read when I was in elementary school. It's about a school that was built sideways and the antics its kids get up to.

joined May 24, 2014

The series are tripping balls even more than usual

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

You know she brings up a good point about verticality

To reply you must either login or sign up.