Forum › Heart of the Girl discussion

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Well this chapter at least explained a bunch of things about Nozomi and Kakoi if nothing else.

Wait, so she closed her heart and is rejecting even talking to the main character... over something MC had absolutely no control over?? Just... wow...

We're talking about a heartbroken 15-or-so-year-old here; not exactly a form of life renowned for cool objective rationality in such matters... She still at least reads Nozomi's mails (and hasn't blocked her number) though so while she's obviously pretty bitter about the whole thing, nevermind now whatever the heck that headband Aki gave her is doing, she hasn't burned her bridges.

Didn't she close her heart with the help of the twin-tailed girl? and because of that she's emotionless

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 10:31PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

How can someone be so emotionless? This is my kind of a ridiculous comic

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think I have even less of an idea what's going on now than I did before.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think it has all the scoring elegance and comprehensibility of Quidditch, myself.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I'm enjoying this and can't wait for more chapters.

Positive that earning the heart of the girl is not figurative in any sense. Waiting for "aiming for false love" to be clarified, pretty sure it's something to do with the game's way of earning people's hearts. I quite like this premise. Not 100% sure past and present twin-ponytail girls are the same person, but probably. The ranking system has to be explained at some point. It seems to have something to do with a person's availability.

I like how turning somebody into a blank, emotionless wall could be detrimental to their emotional well being. Who knew. Waiting to see what comes of the last four panels. Seems pigtail girl has her heart, or locked it at least. Latter seems more likely based on game rules. Principle of the universe related to feeling pain and love? Willingness to feel them ie. openness? And freeing her is to free her from that principle of humanness. Someone who had lost their heart for real would either be a priceless, unclearable treasure or an glitchy, invalid target.

And wth is up with the black sun/hole? What happens if the overriding principle is forced to terminate? That's pretty creepy, to have programmed what amounts to a firewall into or over another person's being.

I'm looking forward to a deconstruction of the idea of love in romance games.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is so confusing, but it seems interesting.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Strange but satisfying.... pretty funny so looking forward to more

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Never thought I wouldn't like one of Tamamusi's works but with 3 chapters out I'm confident saying this is the first.

Confirmed with the fourth. Thank to the yuri goddesses it happens only twice a year and should be pretty free for other projects.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I love Tamamusi but i dont like this Manga

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Boy is our main character here real fucking unlikeable "to get the girl I actually want to feel again i'm going to seduce a bunch of other girls including my friend who wants none of that shit potentially ruining that friendship forever and not give a shit about the girl I actually started dating because she isn't the one I originally wanted"

Also she's not caring about said girls personality just her body despite Moto chan REALLY seeming to love her shitty senpair

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 4:24PM

52aff1d4a4969e731dc9324b146b7306
joined Sep 6, 2016

MC is okay, I've read a lot of 4-komas that have the same basic build of the MCs.
Pretty sure her carelessness over clearing girls will backfire(as we can kinda see already), then she will change her tact probs. Also if you're taking this series seriously, just stop. It's a 4-koma, don't let the jokes go over your head.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

MC is okay, I've read a lot of 4-komas that have the same basic build of the MCs.
Pretty sure her carelessness over clearing girls will backfire(as we can kinda see already), then she will change her tact probs. Also if you're taking this series seriously, just stop. It's a 4-koma, don't let the jokes go over your head.

I mean regardless whether people take it seriously or not, this series is pretty crappy with the way they portrait the MC. I've read manga where the MC is a player, but never one like this. The MC is clearly treating girls like a collectible, gachapon of some sort. She seems so shallow even to clearly call the other girl unattractive, but the moment she saw that she was a "rare" she decided to jump on her.
I'm saying there's funny player MC like Yurika's Campus Life or maybe serious player like Toma-kun. Both of these players are aimed to make girls feel good about themselves and make them happy, so it doesn't put people off that much imo.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

its been a decade

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I had forgotten about this thing, and had hoped it stayed forgotten.

So while the premise of the story is interesting, everything else just leaves a spoiled taste. This is probably going to spiral into a mini thing about gacha games but I might as well go there. There's a point, I'll get to it eventually.

I play gacha games, and I understand the rarity system on a game setting. But if you apply this to a "real world" situation like this one, it just seems incredibly skeevy. You use rarity system in game in order to encourage mooks like me to whale money or ingame resources for the ultra ware waifu/husbando or the mentality of gotta catch 'em all. Because, companies gotta make money even if it means preying on people's psychological state and does encourage gambling. (Look, the alien game even asks you to buy points. What's the conversion rate of this dodgy game anyway?) In an actual gacha game, it's possible and even encouraged for you to have multiple waifus/husbando. You can even get away with this because it's not like your digital sweetheart has the ability to kick your sorry ass to the couch for cheating on her/him. Hell, some games even have a ring system where it'll boost the stats a bit. You just need to pony up the money for rings. If you are a mad enough lad/lassie, you can have your entire slots filled with married ships/guns/whatever. You get to fulfill your harem fantasy in a game, win win for you and big win for the game developer. But this system breaks down if it involves actual feelings.

You get to be the king/queen of your fantasy harem troupe because nobody is trying to kill each other. Which is practically impossible in a real world setting because humans are complicated animals. What's the worst possible situation in a harem game/anime? Nice Boat end You get found out that you've been cheating. Why is that a big deal? Feelings. You just stomped all over whatever trust, love, and whatever emotions you two had built up over time because you couldn't keep it in your undergarment. Several outcomes can happen, but you will always lose that precious trust/credibility you've built up. And sometimes your head because one of your love interest is a yandere and you are a scum.

I've gone of track a bit. So let's talk about the rarity system for a sec here. So far, there are the appearance of Normal (big boob girl), Rare (the tomboy who's not even thought of as a girl), Miracle Rare (emotionless ice queen), and Super Miracle Rare (still same ice queen.) According to the alien blonde, she collects R girls to get filthy rich. Going by what we've seen so far, basically she just mooches off the goodwill and money of all the girls she's conquered. You need Points to "Attack" a girl. You gain these Points by either Pay2Win or you go the pleb route of clearing Normal girls. Game doesn't even take Japanese currency, so you gotta clear a bunch of Normal Naka-chan/IDW. Frankly the idea of this is just horrifying to me. Because this is treating all these girls as nothing more than walking wallets rather than people with feelings. You step on the Normal rarity girls to rack up Points just so you can go after the Super Miracle Rare.

The motivation of MC might be to protect her childhood friend who also happens to be some SSR character in a game. But the way she does this makes me want to scream at her to take care of the people around her better while shaking her violently. Look at chapter 4. Let's look at what happens after she goes on a date with the cute boob girl. "Ah. Yesterday was so fun. I didn't find any Rare girls though." Translation to my brain, she's cute, but not good enough. Few pages later, she discovers that there's an R girl in the immediate vicinity. Turns out it's her friend, someone she's never even viewed as a girl. Um... Rather than worrying about silly things like "jeopardizing friendship FOREVER" or "getting arrested for public indecency," she decides to publicly sexually harass her poor friend at the front of school when students are coming in. What the fuck is your damage lady?

On an execution point, this kind of idea could be done better. The World God Only Knows' Keima would be a good starting point. He has 0 interest in real girls. He only cares about digital girls in games. He's only roped into going after real 3D people because plot. Keima may end up "conquering" girls, but he learns and grows from his experience. He may think real girls are annoying and troublesome, but he still went through great pain to try to understand each girl's problem and make them happy. Just in a very roundabout dating sim way. Chapter 2 of Heart of the Girl presents a different way to clear a girl: bumbling your way into making 2 girls already interested in each other confess to each other. So the Yuri Fairy way is possible. But this was presented by an idiot blonde whose sole motivation is to be a leech and mooch off people. So... shrug It also doesn't help that the MC is a big perv whose one track mind means she doesn't take into other people's feelings and considerations at all.

Look, the Bright and Cheery Amnesia thing works because it didn't have a shitty game system that preys on human psychology/treats you as ATM instead of human thrown into the mix. I get it's a comedy and a 4 koma, but christ the execution just makes me want to scream. How do you turn this thing around? I have seen walking chick magnets in other works where the MC attracts cute girls just by virtue of existing and they have much better personality than her. What kind of comedy makes me want to smack people?

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Tama, you're great. I love you dearly. But this.. this manga just isn't working for me, but because I can't leave an "ongoing" I'll stick by you, always

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very insightful comment by Grail. MC is a jerk thus far, and the manga really needs to focus on that. She doesn't have to get together with Moto to redeem herself but she is going to have learn to treat others humanely.

Although... it would be clever it this turned out to be the central conflict of the manga. In order to win the game the players have to treat people as objects, but at the same time MC tries to be a better and more considerate person than she originally is. Don't think that'll happen, but it'd be a decent direction.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

oh it's back

2907c083-0dd4-444e-9553-7f727ca18b50
joined Jan 25, 2019

Where can I download this game

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Jeez.. I know this series is not good but does it deserve a 15-chapter response telling it why it's not good? I don't really think so..

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

For me, as someone working on this series, it seems to be a bit of a setup showing how awful a person Nozomi is, caring no more about the girls she adores so much than the aliens she's trying to beat. I am hoping to see it come back and bite her in the ass, and hopefully let her grow as a person. I feel bad for Moto-chan who couldn't see what sort of person Nozomi is.

Note: I do not have access to script or raws beyond the current chapter and the one I'm working on.

You get to be the king/queen of your fantasy harem troupe because nobody is trying to kill each other. Which is practically impossible in a real world setting because humans are complicated animals. What's the worst possible situation in a harem game/anime? Nice Boat end You get found out that you've been cheating. Why is that a big deal? Feelings. You just stomped all over whatever trust, love, and whatever emotions you two had built up over time because you couldn't keep it in your undergarment. Several outcomes can happen, but you will always lose that precious trust/credibility you've built up. And sometimes your head because one of your love interest is a yandere and you are a scum.

People can work in polyamorous relationships, though the key to that is communication and consent from all parties involved.

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 5:21AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Lots of hate for this manga, lol at how it got Grail on a rant, no ones gonna read that essay homie. I'm loving this shit!!! A silly story about a womanly highschool girl womaniser who randomly winds up with an alien game on her phone that will also randomly allow her to once again get close to the original girl (who also happens to be the games most valuable prize) who flipped her Yuri switch by of course, wooing other girls... it's so silly its fun! Tama's mangas are usually for the sake of a giggle so people shouldn't be taking these characters or story too seriously.

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 1:28PM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

People can work in polyamorous relationships, though the key to that is communication and consent from all parties involved.

Oops. Didn't mean to generalize there. It's just rare for me to see manga depict polyamorous relationships and have those written well and end well. I'm far too used to seeing these type of relationships be portrayed as a joke or negatively.

Its' just a gag manga why you write essays

For me it's important to want to understand why a story may not work. Is the characters at fault? Why does the premise of a story not hook a reader in? What sort of thing would really rub a reader the wrong way? Does the reader just want to hate on the author? I could just go "shit sucks move along", but that adds nothing at all to the discussion even if there's very little. Why does this story fail to engage people? Which part of this is considered comedy and how is that appealing to you as a reader? I am not going to give a free pass to anyone just because insert reason X Y and Z. You could apply the same "nobody'll read this shit because this isn't worth discussing" argument to any number of works such as movie, games, and anime. And it'll make you sound like some twat who is incredibly judgemental about someone else's hobby.

"Are you seriously doing a 15 minutes Youtube video on why insert anime is terrible? Why are you getting so worked up over some dumb weeb shit"
"It's just a cartoon. Cartoons are just for kids. Grow up and read something else."
"Who cares about lore in video games?"

joined Dec 3, 2018

Insanely dumb plot aside, the stupid amount of random dialogue in this manga is just hard on the eyes.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Oh, this is still being translated.

joined Jul 21, 2020

It's impressive how much sense this didn't make.

I'm reminded of the old joke: I read this story two times, and the second time I didn't understand it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.