Forum › Heart of the Girl discussion

joined Jun 26, 2013

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

If you had made that comment, say, 5-7 chapters in with people still questioning the story, then it would have been fine. But by criticizing people in the first chapter, you make yourself look just as impatient as those questioning the work.

Wouldn't it be weirder to tell people to be patient that "the story will explain itself" when its already this far down the line? 5-7 chapters would be ample time for the author to flesh out the characters and give proper exposition by then

I meant his/her last sentence. In retrospect, however, I indeed see nothing wrong with it. I just felt that there was no need to resort to calling people whom are questioning/doubting this work as "assholes" so early on.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:31PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

It's confusing to get what is happening, but seems to be a gamification of feelings, in a similar what to that "The World God Knows" anime. I simply hope this won't develop into a "collect as many girls as you can" type of scenario which places the girls in the same level as a thing to be obtained through whatever means necessary. I'm seriously tired of that shit.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 5:19AM

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Thats all? This looks fun. Aha, really interesting.

Ririka Kirishima
Julia%20what
joined Feb 16, 2017

So technically it's also possible to earn points by hooking two girls up.
Hmmm....
Becoming more interesting so far...

joined Nov 16, 2017

And it's got the added bonus of there being an alien race that sociopathically does this by treating our planet the same way the alien in Predator treats it

You're saying that like it's a bad thing :y

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/eb/72/95/eb72954ad331be1b34ef79d1c4d62d4a.jpg

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I dunno man... I still don't really get the game other than you gotta make girls' heart rate go up to get points.

joined Nov 16, 2017

If this was real it'd be the only videogame i'd be terrible at FeelsBadMan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still can't say I care for it, it's Tamamusi without all the things I like about Tamamusi. But I think it's starting to finally get to the point where it's making a small amount of sense.

So if I read this right, you've got a setup where the aliens end up playing cupid for yuri couples, and get game rewards if they're successful.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how the scoring system is completely arbitrary bullshit, ie. exactly what you'd actually get from applying videogame relationship mechanics to real people.

Judging by the other Tamamusi works I've seen here so far this meta-snark is very much the point.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I like how the scoring system is completely arbitrary bullshit, ie. exactly what you'd actually get from applying videogame relationship mechanics to real people.

Judging by the other Tamamusi works I've seen here so far this meta-snark is very much the point.

You mean to tell me that a woman won’t marry me, if I bring them a mammoth tusk? This is preposterous!

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

That depends on the setting and time period. In modern times, bringing mammoth tusks will prove you a thief, or at least unofficial digger. But in 19th century it'd show you an adventuring gentleman with enough money and pluck to dig one out of frozen wastes of tundra, or at least enough connections and money to buy one.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Still can't say I care for it, it's Tamamusi without all the things I like about Tamamusi. But I think it's starting to finally get to the point where it's making a small amount of sense.

So if I read this right, you've got a setup where the aliens end up playing cupid for yuri couples, and get game rewards if they're successful.

Disclaimer: even if I'm one of the scanlators, I haven't even seen the script past chapter 2, so all this is from what little you all should know as well.

This game dishes out points for "clearing" girls, which you do by inflicting damage.
Damage is counted based on whether you manage to increase their heart rate and/or temperature. As Nozomi herself realised, this is pretty damn arbitrary.
As such, playing cupid is one way of going about it, and that's how it worked out with Mayuu and Aoi - Mayuu was cleared when Aoi was confessed to. In the previous chapter, Moto-chan was cleared because Nozomi put her in a suggestive situation before groping.

One thing I'm a little lost on is the entire point economy. Apparently you gain points for clearing less rare girls, but then every attack costs points anyway? Ikura can top-up her account using Shii's money, but Nozomi has no such option. At the same time she cleared Moto-chan, so she should have gotten some rewards for that as well? Maybe it will get highlighted in more detail later, maybe not. It's probably not very consequential to the plot anyway...

last edited at Nov 22, 2017 12:41PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

What the hell os going on?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yuri pair making to get points to get your own yuri story?!

Where can I get this app!?

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I can get behind ayy lmaos playing matchmaker, I suppose.

joined Feb 15, 2013

It’s kinda fun to read, cute too, especially the alien. The fact that they are so innocently childish despite so scheming was kinda refresh. It also was different from Tamamusi standard character mound

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

cute but, what the meow

joined Jan 8, 2014

What the heck is that thing ? Giant bug? Alien? Mode of transportation?

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Never thought I wouldn't like one of Tamamusi's works but with 3 chapters out I'm confident saying this is the first.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

What the heck is that thing ? Giant bug? Alien? Mode of transportation?

It's Shii's car! You can see it behind Ikura in the first chapter after she chases down Nozomi. It even has a license plate!

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Wait, so she closed her heart and is rejecting even talking to the main character... over something MC had absolutely no control over?? Just... wow...

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 8:00AM

joined Jan 11, 2018

Never thought I wouldn't like one of Tamamusi's works but with 3 chapters out I'm confident saying this is the first.

Honestly I usually like their work but this one I don't care that much for. Like Nez said "it's Tamamusi without all the things I like about Tamamusi."

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 9:35AM

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This looks like silly, ridiculous fun. Super Miracle Girl...

Well, I guess we have a definite villain and a definite goal now.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This makes sense and, at the same time, don't make sense at all xD

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well this chapter at least explained a bunch of things about Nozomi and Kakoi if nothing else.

Wait, so she closed her heart and is rejecting even talking to the main character... over something MC had absolutely no control over?? Just... wow...

We're talking about a heartbroken 15-or-so-year-old here; not exactly a form of life renowned for cool objective rationality in such matters... She still at least reads Nozomi's mails (and hasn't blocked her number) though so while she's obviously pretty bitter about the whole thing, nevermind now whatever the heck that headband Aki gave her is doing, she hasn't burned her bridges.

...also Nao's "molester sempai" dismissal amuses me more than it probably should.

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 2:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.