Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^ Well, it doesn't help that all of them have a serious case of Same-Face Syndrome...

last edited at Oct 5, 2020 6:39PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ It's such a shame they don't have plethora of other distinguishing features...

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, it IS a fan work, right? If it meanders, so what?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Who these?

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Who these?

New character for no purpose

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

This new couple's beginning felt a bit forced, tbh.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Well, it IS a fan work, right? If it meanders, so what?

It's the author's own original work that has official volumes and came 9th on yurinavi's recent poll of the most popular yuri.

However, I imagine it's still primarily independent as twitter seems to be the main release for new chapters, so a lack of an editor might cause stuff like this. That is just speculation though.

As for the chapter itself, not a fan at all of another pair being added. Already feel like there is a lack of time on the ones it already has, to be adding another.

last edited at Oct 5, 2020 11:37PM

Ankou%20128x128
joined Oct 23, 2018

I'm afraid that the new characters were made for the sake of just having new chars. Especially considering that the 3rd pair (Author/Editor) have little to nothing to do with the first two pairs. The first set of chars were inter-related (even if they the pairing didn't have much cross-interaction, relatively speaking); this new 4th pair is only superficially related to the 3rd pair (Heke's mention) so far. I do hope the mangaka proves me wrong, though.

Call me weird, but I like it when the characters in a series actually have something to do with each, even if it is a slice-of-life series. There's little to no connection between the pairing, so it just feels almost like a disjointed collection of stories at this point. I understand the point and focus of each chapter is on the featured pair, but I'm starting to feel this is being taken to the extreme. At this point, I think it'd be a better idea to just make a series for each pairing. Otherwise, I don't really take well to new characters coming out of the blue in the middle of a series without some build up.

I blame Love Hina's Kanoko for my skepticism about new chars showing up out of nowhere; I find it tends to be because the author ran out of ideas for the current cast and needed a new plot/scenario RIGHT NOW. I also dislike unjustified cast expansion/explosion ever since the cluster that was Nanoha StikerS. Or at least how they handled that.

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

I don't even really like the 3rd pair and now this pair... urggg. What's wrong with you author, run out of idea? And she looks like a dude tbh, which made it even worse
Either I skip when this pair show up or I will drop the entire series

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 12:11AM

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

While I like the new couple, I understand the uneasiness some of you are feeling. I think the real problem is just the pacing, due to how few pages all of these chapters tend to be. If we had longer, more meaningful chapters, I think everyone would be more welcoming of a new couple.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think the biggest problem is not with how short the chapters are (I mean it is a big fucking problem) but that I didn't read this manga for this new couple. I keep reading it because I like the main couple that's why we all started reading it. Introducing the last couple has been annoying and pointless but at least there was some semblance of a connection
This new couple though...

Like make this its own mini series or something if you want to feature this new couple

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 2:16AM

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

I don't even really like the 3rd pair and now this pair... urggg. What's wrong with you author, run out of idea? And she looks like a dude tbh, which made it even worse

I agree with you except the "she looks like a dude" part, I mean have you heard the word Tomboy?

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 2:29AM

Ponytailcatra
joined Jan 28, 2019

I look like that irl its being a tomboy what you said is a bit rude gwen

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

I'm sorry if I offended someone, but without the contexts can you tell me that isn't a dude?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm sorry if I offended someone, but without the contexts can you tell me that isn't a dude?

Why, yes--yes I can. That isn't a dude.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Looks like she's gonna get dinner and dessert.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Whatever your take on tomboys, at least you can tell her apart from the others.
I mean, this is 100% just Rara in a maid outfit. Her or that one coworker that looks basically the same. Plus maid girl also has a classmate on page 1 that you can only distinguish by hair color, in an otherwise monochrome manga.
This is getting absurd.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

With how short the chapters are and how long it takes between updates the dangers of same-face-syndrome are amplified.

8 characters is not a lot, granted, but remember when this story was about an office Lady and a waitress?

The return of Fuzzy puff
Screen%20shot%202021-08-07%20at%2010.26.05%20pm
joined Oct 7, 2020

Is instructor Kujou stocker chan from the previous chaper?

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 12:34AM

joined Jul 8, 2020

New couple. Nice. People protesting that Mikanuji keep adding couples and forgetting about the main couple.. I guess this series is not only about Iori and Minami (well they just started the series that's all) but actually about couples of lesbians in many settings that somehow might be related to each other in one way or another..

So far we have.. uhh I won't mention name since I kind of forget too.. so...

Office lady x Waiter
Little sister x Deliquent (which is related to the first couple)
Editor x Mangaka (if I remember, editor-san is office lady- san friends or something, so related some way)

and now

Teacher x Student (teacher-san likes mangaka-san's work.. so.. still related in another way.. lol)

Btw, Mikanuji really take same-face syndrome into another level lmao.. always amusing seeing the work.. and the art still really nice despite that.. so still a fun ride for me..

Thank you for the hard work author and translator!

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

So far every character that has been introduced has turned out to be pretty great imo, i'm hyped, but at the same time it's gonna be harder to keep up for me lol.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I like the new characters too, and I'm cautiously optimistic with this new couple, but I really just wish she kept progressing with the characters were already have.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Pairings keep piling on and it's getting hard to follow, specially with same-face syndrome the author seems to suffer from, I hope the author practices making different faces instead of making new characters because at some points it just gets hard to tell them apart, I legit thought it was gonna be the mangaka one but then noticed those characters were in high school and they sure as hell aren't her siblings as well. At least the teacher has a more fresh design compared to the other ones, I accidentally, legitimately thought it was a dude until I paid more attention to her face, and I honestly like it, she's the most different so far, apart from Minami that is.

Hopefully the new couple arc is alright, but I prefer the other ones getting more work done than just getting new characters/pairings.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The slow addition of new couples at times having passing tied with the "main couple", I am starting to get get AnoKiss vibes from this series.

joined Jul 16, 2020

It's one thing having a preference in girls but a Tomboy won't make everything worse :/ It's actually kinda refreshing not having a feminine and more of a masculine girl representation for once since they exist as well in this world.

To reply you must either login or sign up.