Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

How egotistic is Reiichi, to think that just because their marriage has failed and possibly ended that his wife would only resort to killing herself. He must be up his own ass to think as the only possible answer.

I think it had more to do with the, “I’m visiting my [dead] mother,” followed by the line suddenly going dead (her phone getting broken) and being unreachable afterwards. It’s one of those perfect storms of “oh shit” that can cause a person to panic and assume the absolute worse. I don’t think it had anything to do with his ego.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

How egotistic is Reiichi, to think that just because their marriage has failed and possibly ended that his wife would only resort to killing herself. He must be up his own ass to think as the only possible answer.

I think it had more to do with the, “I’m visiting my [dead] mother,” followed by the line suddenly going dead (her phone getting broken) and being unreachable afterwards. It’s one of those perfect storms of “oh shit” that can cause a person to panic and assume the absolute worse. I don’t think it had anything to do with his ego.

To be perfectly honest, I almost thought that's what happened as well, just because of what was said and the circumstances with her at the train station.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Bruh how long is this gonna continue

joined May 1, 2013

...how did Kaoru change her clothes? She didn't go home.

...eh, it probably was the same magical genie that caused Uta to happen to be in the exact place she was walking by when Reiichi called.

PS: fully rooting for Risako/Kaoru over Uta/Kaoru as an ending. Uta gets whatshername, that extra character who was in love with her teacher or whatever.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 3:42PM

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

When she said she was visiting her mom I was like good she's going for advice then I was like wait... her mom's dead.. oh my goOOD?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

...eh, it probably was the same magical genie that caused Uta to happen to be in the exact place she was walking by when Reiichi called.

PS: fully rooting for Risako/Kaoru over Uta/Kaoru as an ending. Uta gets whatshername, that extra character who was in love with her teacher or whatever.

She did go home. She's wearing her wedding ring when she talks to Risako (Chap. 35, p. 9) but she's later taken it off and left it where Reiichi sees it (Chap. 36, p. 6).

A Risako/Kaoru ending in a single chapter would require a series with the top speed of an oxcart to reach Mach 1.

("Going to see" dead people--i.e., visiting their graves--is very common in manga; if she had said she was "going to be with" her mom, that would be a different thing entirely.)

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 3:50PM

joined May 1, 2013

She did go home. She's wearing her wedding ring when she talks to Risako (Chap. 35, p. 9) but she's later taken it off and left it where Reiichi sees it (Chap. 36, p. 6).

aaahhh good catch. I thought for some reason she wasn't wearing it with Risako, but it makes more sense for her to have taken it off after.

I honestly feel like more groundwork has been laid to set up Kaoru/Risako in a real relationship than anything else. But I actually figure what's gonna happen is in the flash forward we'll be at Risako's wedding to some dude we don't know because "look Risako doesn't push people away anymore for some reason" and that's all we get.

also jesus christ author just have Uta figure out what Kaoru meant and go to the grave because unlike Reiichi she's not panicking. Having Kaoru just happen to walk by, I mean come on.

Screen%20shot%202020-10-06%20at%203.36.22%20pm
joined Jun 18, 2020

holy shit please PLEASE LET THEM HAPPEN AFTER 3 YEARS WE'RE SO CLOSE

joined Dec 30, 2018

I feel like my anxious ass is gonna have a girlfriend sooner than these two geys will get together

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Honestly, I'm so done with this goddamn manga. I don't know how much longer I'll wait for these two gay idiots to finally get together. I'm always excited for a new chapter but another part of me is just like "They're gonna let me down again and I'll have to wait another month for the story to progress.". I love this manga but I also hate it. Can't wait for the next chapter >:(

20191122_221923
joined Nov 23, 2019

i swear to god i have a love-hate relationship with this manga. almost every single chapter i'm writhing because GODDAMN IT HOW ARE THEY NOT TOGETHER YET?!! yet at the same time i've gotten emotionally attached to them so i still love them loll

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

I hate when my foot tmp's the floor loud enough to alert my crush who is illegally older than me as she grieves her dead mother.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yes. I was 99% sure it was an author fakeout, but I don't blame Reichii at all, I could panic that way too. Upheaval in life + "I going to visit[1] my dead mom" + sudden loss of contact = reasonable chance of suicide.

[1] In English I would say 'visit' should lower the suicide chance, compared to 'see' or worse 'go be with'. I don't know the original Japanese or its possible subtleties.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So why was this chapter uploaded again? Or did I dreamt about being uploaded here before?

joined Jan 14, 2020

So why was this chapter uploaded again? Or did I dreamt about being uploaded here before?

It hit mangadex some time ago.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

so many of the big shots are getting uploaded these two days...i'm so overwhelmed

joined Feb 14, 2019

They were childhood neighbors and Uta has moved back in with her parents. Kaoru's mothers grave was presumably near where they lived, so it isn't as much of a long shot as it might seem.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Yes. I was 99% sure it was an author fakeout, but I don't blame Reichii at all, I could panic that way too. Upheaval in life + "I going to visit[1] my dead mom" + sudden loss of contact = reasonable chance of suicide.

[1] In English I would say 'visit' should lower the suicide chance, compared to 'see' or worse 'go be with'. I don't know the original Japanese or its possible subtleties.

The original Japanese was: 今からママに会いに行ってくる

Google translate says "I'm going to see my mom from now on" but that is probably a bit too much on the alarming side... my rudimentary Japanese suggests "from now going to meet/see mama" is along the right lines.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 7:06PM

so many of the big shots are getting uploaded these two days...i'm so overwhelmed

My exact thoughts, I'm swimming in chapters I need to read

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

circamoore posted:

The original Japanese was: 今からママに会いに行ってくる

Google translate says "I'm going to see my mom from now on" but that is probably a bit too much on the alarming side... my rudimentary Japanese suggests "from now going to meet/see mama" is along the right lines.

If I'm not mistaken, it'd be something like "Right now, I'm going to meet my mom." I don't know what word exactly Japanese use for visiting graves, so unless it's normal phrase, I'd say word "会う" does imply her wanting to see her mom face to face, but I feel like "今から" in context of the scene, implies her making a decision right now (or shortly before calling Reiichi), so it's more of declaration of intend, rather than saying "I'll be staying with mom". Also she's using the phrase "行ってくる", which specifically implies the intention of returning. I'd say she doesn't outright say, she's going to kill herself, but I still think it's fairly reasonable for Reiichi to come to that conclusion and panic. So make out of it what you will.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Why are they wanting to live together but not as a lover?

I mean didn't Kaoru just said wanting to live with Uta again because of "love"?

Sasdsadsa%20(1)
joined Jun 23, 2020

I hate when my foot tmp's the floor loud enough to alert my crush who is illegally older than me as she grieves her dead mother.

LMAO

I think she stepped on a twig that snapped but I like your version better.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well, there's some progress. A bit.

Can't lie, that fake out kinda scared me too, been reading too many bad endings lately lol.

joined May 7, 2017

Don't think I've ever resent a character as much as I do for Kaoru, she's literally the last person on earth I want to see my Uta with, given this is a fiction I'd love to see her with Samus Aran, there you have it, Samus also does not have a significant other, both single, both independent, both badasses in their own ways. Samus and Uta, author-san, make it happen and make it QUICK, time to erase Kaoru's existence of this story.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don't think I've ever resent a character as much as I do for Kaoru, she's literally the last person on earth I want to see my Uta with, given this is a fiction I'd love to see her with Samus Aran, there you have it, Samus also does not have a significant other, both single, both independent, both badasses in their own ways. Samus and Uta, author-san, make it happen and make it QUICK, time to erase Kaoru's existence of this story.

Yes, at first it was kind of cute the way Uta started out the series being much more thoughtful, reliable, and overall just more mature than the emotionally oblivious and pathologically conflict-avoidant Kaoru--it made what appeared to be the impending age-gap romance rather more understandable, not to say palatable, than such things usually are.

But Kaoru spent most of the series not getting any better, and in fact often being considerably worse than she started--had her inevitable confrontation with Reiichi happened, oh, say, 20 chapters ago, I wouldn't be so inclined to say, "Uta, run as fast as you can the other way--this woman offers you nothing except emotional co-dependency!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.