Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Feb 14, 2019

Ch 36 was, for once, exactly what I most wanted to happen, and incidentally has also addressed the main issues I had with time skip:
They have finally said what needed to be said about their feelings for each other. While that was unsaid a time skip would have just let things fester, but now they are in a place where a post-timeskip romantic development would be a natural progression of a their new trajectory, rather some pulled out of nowhere "time fixes all" magic resolution (harking back to previous discussions that is what I meant by timeskip as deus-ex)

edit: not implying I disliked the unexpected directions in the past, just that I have had a terrible record at anticipating previous chapters.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 7:28AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

(I must say that the longer the Kaoru-angst gets dragged out the more I start to wonder what our madcap high-school lesbians are getting up to.)

Join the Church of the Stooges, we have actual progression and cake! o3o

Kasumi
joined Mar 25, 2019

So, we are heading toward a timeskip and a conclusion? Now that Uta and Kaoru poured their hearts out.

Yeah, timeskip and the bright future, where they are living together, like Sakurako and Kasumi in Futaribeya. Not so bad ending.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So, we are heading toward a timeskip and a conclusion? Now that Uta and Kaoru poured their hearts out.

Yeah, timeskip and the bright future, where they are living together, like Sakurako and Kasumi in Futaribeya. Not so bad ending.

And coming sooner than you think https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-19/tmnr-if-i-could-reach-you-manga-reaches-climax-in-october/.164237 Next month is last chapter apparently.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This manga should have end two volumes ago.

joined Feb 18, 2015

And coming sooner than you think https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-19/tmnr-if-i-could-reach-you-manga-reaches-climax-in-october/.164237 Next month is last chapter apparently.

They're rushing the end.. and here I thought it would be longer... They're just starting to build up the feelings of the main characters and they're gonna end it... I hope it's long... looks like it will be ambiguous or one sided love until the end..

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They're rushing the end.. and here I thought it would be longer... They're just starting to build up the feelings of the main characters and they're gonna end it... I hope it's long... looks like it will be ambiguous or one sided love until the end..

They had plenty of time throughout the series to build to a Kaoru-Uta ending—more than enough.

They just didn’t do it. They did a bunch of other stuff instead.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Not sure if next chapter is the last or if the end is coming real soon. Is it written somewhere? That the next chapter is for sure the last?

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Not sure if next chapter is the last or if the end is coming real soon. Is it written somewhere? That the next chapter is for sure the last?

Yes it's the last chapter, fuckin finally

joined Jul 26, 2019

As often enough it's a pity that Japanese authors don't manage to make a successful end, to believe that they don't like to eternalize themselves on the outcome of a story ... stay 3 chapters on a flashback, take the time to see the couple friends of uta and hurry to finish the story when a deepening would have been great it's a waste, it's frustrating ... unless he decides to go on a spinoff but I doubt it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, this story started promising but then it just started limping around, with each new development being more contrived than the last, so I'm not surprised is ending.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I can't be the only one smelling a flash forward ending.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I can't be the only one smelling a flash forward ending.

What else could it possibly be?

The previous chapter already ended with “we both love each other, but in different ways,” so we either get a repeat of that in more detail (not out of the question, of course) or a flash-forward to some time when the age gap has become “safe” (Uta out of college and working, maybe?) and Kaoru has snapped gay.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Personally I think is going to be a frustrating return to the status quo, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally I think is going to be a frustrating return to the status quo, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Based on past performance, that would actually be a pretty good bet.

But for the last chapter, even for this series, I dunno what to say . . .

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I want my tears back please...

Matsurimizusawa2
joined Sep 27, 2020

Nice one Chaosteam. Thanks..

joined Dec 18, 2018

Those first two pages, holy fuck.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

No words... WTM...

Ha-ha...

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ik i'm supposed to be happy for Kaoru and Uta but goddamit am I relieved I really thought she was gonna commit suicide.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Should've known it was gonna end with unrequited love... oh well Uta deserves a better love interest, so I'm not disappointed.

joined Oct 23, 2016

How egotistic is Reiichi, to think that just because their marriage has failed and possibly ended that his wife would only resort to killing herself. He must be up his own ass to think as the only possible answer.
I hope there is no flash forward because the Reiichi and Risako arcs still need to be properly settled. Also, how Uta's mom will react once Uta tells her she wants to leave again.

So i predict the next chapter will be a time skip, Uta and Kaoru will be working towards a relationship and so on and so fourth. I loved the story but I hate those predictable endings(if that’s how it’s going to end).

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I totally missed the "to be continued" because people were all saying this chapter would be the last. Oop. Guess I'll save my possible rage for next time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I totally missed the "to be continued" because people were all saying this chapter would be the last. Oop. Guess I'll save my possible rage for next time.

This chapter has been up elsewhere for some time--it's the next one that is supposed to be the last.

Question: why is Uta wearing boxcars on her feet?

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 3:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.