Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Chenweihua
joined Apr 4, 2016

thank you for the continued translations, love this series so much

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Oh geez that was simply way too precious it's almost unfair.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So, does this require not lizard?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was thinking the same thing hahahaha, well, is not reptile, that's for sure... It was like a deja vu.

I actually love rainy days, compared to this sun, I can't even work properly T-T

joined Jan 14, 2020

The names... "Matsuri Kazamatsuri", "Sakura Asakura" ... o_O

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

I had this discussion with DrPepperFan. Apparently it’s not quite ‘not lizard’ enough and would be pretty contentious.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Two new Himawari-san chapters so close to each other. It truly is a sunshine filled day.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Minami Ami"

"Nanase Nanako"

joined May 1, 2015

Man you are certainly gay if you make a theme song for your significant other.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I had this discussion with DrPepperFan. Apparently it’s not quite ‘not lizard’ enough and would be pretty contentious.

I love that it went through committee. That's good service!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Can I ask what "not lizard" means? I would guess a joke like "I am totally human like you and not a lizard person".

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can I ask what "not lizard" means? I would guess a joke like "I am totally human like you and not a lizard person".

If I understand correctly, it first started with a joke tag in a series (or maybe more than one series) that included a lizard.

Then there was a series which had a salamander, and someone suggested the Lizard tag.

But lizards are reptiles, while salamanders are amphibians.

Hence the tag Not Lizard.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If I understand correctly, it first started with a joke tag in a series (or maybe more than one series) that included a lizard.

Then there was a series which had a salamander, and someone suggested the Lizard tag.

But lizards are reptiles, while salamanders are amphibians.

Hence the tag Not Lizard.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why has "Miss Sunflower" been changed to "Himawari-san"? Why? Why so suddenly (starts on chapter 31) and for no reason? "Himawari-san" doesn't have the nice warm ring that "Miss Sunflower" had.

Why? What was the point in changing it? Changing it doesn't make anything better, it just takes away some of the charm and warmness. "Himawari-san" just sounds so plain and generic, "Miss Sunflower" was so unique and warm.

Why do people like taking things that are perfectly fine and ruining them? To the translation group that's in charge of this series, thanks for ruining it, I truly wish a lot of bad things happen to everyone in your group, I hate all of you.

You know both things mean the same right ? Miss Sunflower is just the translation of Himawari-san. Getting mad over a little change like that is strange and the last part is uncalled for. Guess you won't stay with us very long.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why has "Miss Sunflower" been changed to "Himawari-san"? Why? Why so suddenly (starts on chapter 31) and for no reason? "Himawari-san" doesn't have the nice warm ring that "Miss Sunflower" had.

Why? What was the point in changing it? Changing it doesn't make anything better, it just takes away some of the charm and warmness. "Himawari-san" just sounds so plain and generic, "Miss Sunflower" was so unique and warm.

Why do people like taking things that are perfectly fine and ruining them? To the translation group that's in charge of this series, thanks for ruining it, I truly wish a lot of bad things happen to everyone in your group, I hate all of you.

Hi, yeah, that's some unfortunate stuff you just said there. You violated both rules 1 and 4 - within your first post, no less. I'd advise reading a forum's rules in the future before posting. Alternatively, consider that wishing harm upon others over a comic is probably not going to end well in the majority of cases. Take care.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Okay, this "discussion" has gone on long enough. I think we're done here. Whoever is continuing to engage, please stop.

Edit: Thread has been cleaned up, too. Sorry rainbow8, luinthoron, Lilliwyt, and Blastaar. Cheers.

last edited at Jun 7, 2020 5:02PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm always up for more Miss Himawari-Sunflower-san.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Once again, a chapter of this series turns a not-great day into a very good day.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Nothing better than seeing Himawari-san smile.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I missed this, and I really missed the eyebrows-girl. She's still my favorite.

The softness of this story really always warms my heart

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nothing better than seeing Himawari-san smile.

The absolute truth.

joined Sep 23, 2020

[2] The softness of this story really always warms my heart

This manga its so calm and nice.. love this so much.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 43, pg 15, "I'll just check the storefront is all closed up" -> "if the storefront"

Clip%20(2016-10-21%20at%2008.24.28)
joined Feb 9, 2020

ch 43, pg 15, "I'll just check the storefront is all closed up" -> "if the storefront"

No, it's fine like that. "I'll check the cat is fed." "I'll check the door is locked." It acts like the word "confirm"/"affirm" there, if you want to think about that way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.