Forum › I'm an Elite Angel, But I'm Troubled By an Impregnable High School Girl discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Shower scenes are always necessary. Always.

Not even little.

You are right, not a little, they are a lot necessary

Look, when something is made up to be ecchi from the start as in with this manga, then whatever have all the shower scenes and bouncing boobs as your story or theme or whatever requires. Knock yourself out. But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

Now, this does not mean that you can't enjoy such things in whatever story you choose to, again knock yourself out. Personal biases do not change the fact however, that more often than not this stuff is slapped on for no good reason and normalized to a terrific degree.

Having said all that...

I don't know if the shower specifically was necessary but that whole sequence served two purposes, to introduce the knowlegde about Kirara and to show that angel-san feels weird when boobs are near her, that's why she had that reaction when her kohai approached.
It was to show that angel san was suffering from the woes of been flustered and attraced to girls but been too embarassed by it.at least thats what I got from it.

Well, that works as well as any explanation I suppose. And as established this work has no qualms about nudity anyway so it is what it is. I am sure funny shenanigans will follow for us all to enjoy!

Does "a slightly lewd and stimulating love comedy" count

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The man-eating giant version is pretty obscure unless you're either very religious or a student of it.

Or, y'know, throw the name at Wikipedia like I did.

Which makes it obscure since only people who encounter the word look it up, and it's not something you commonly run into. :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

The man-eating giant version is pretty obscure unless you're either very religious or a student of it.

Or, y'know, throw the name at Wikipedia like I did.

Which makes it obscure since only people who encounter the word look it up, and it's not something you commonly run into. :P

...your own description of its pop-culture usage rather conflicts with this claim. Just sayin' but "people not looking up fancy names they see in fiction" doesn't actually equal "obscurity" - it's just plain PEBKAC laziness. :v

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Is there going to be like an obligatory shower scene every chapter?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yes. Because I will continue doing good deeds whenever a chapter comes out.

joined Dec 14, 2019

in reality, her mind: girls girls girls

(angels can only see a small wish right? it’d make sense, since having a girlfriend or whatever isn’t a small wish, so like yk, it doesn’t show up bc she doesn’t have small wishes)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

She done borked the doorknorb.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Yes. Because I will continue doing good deeds whenever a chapter comes out.

MVP

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

thicc....

joined Jan 14, 2020

So 'impregnable' is one of those words with multiple and nearly opposite meanings: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/impregnable

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impregnable

Goes back to the 1913 Webster dictionary, too. Not all online dictionaries have "capable of being impregnated", though, I had to look around to find Collins.

Of course, this in Latinate English; it's unlikely Japanese has the exact same ambiguity.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this not dramatic enough to merit a Love triangle tag? Tiael-san most certainly loves sempai.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice angles as always

joined Mar 8, 2016

It's bugging me how badly this author draws butts, given how much he seems to like them. ><; Each cheek isn't an independent lobe stuck on top of a leg separated by like 3 or 4 inches.

Other than that, as a dumb ecchi comedy it gets the job done. :p

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It gets lewder and lewder.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Anyone know the sfx of chapter 6? Was she sucking?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

That was lewd like hell I love it )))

joined Mar 8, 2016

Anyone know the sfx of chapter 6? Was she sucking?

You don't specify which page, but I'm gonna assume you mean page 16 or thereabouts. No, the fx are as follows:

Top right: A bang or rattle sound and one expressing surprise/shock.
Below that: Indication of a gentle touch
Left: Shock/Surprise
Bottom: Very loud heartbeat, small "twitch" sfx near the legs

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 5:53PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I see this mangaka still loves their ass shots, heh.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Check out that reflection on the desk on page 14. Seems like this author has taken lessons from To Love ru in sneaking stuff past the censors.

5f8d1bcd-c5fd-43f2-8711-dcaa2d6450dc
joined Jul 3, 2020

I love this series lol!

joined Mar 8, 2016

I see this mangaka still loves their ass shots, heh.

Yes, indeed. But they're still SO bad. I mean, I'm used to mangaka being unable to draw breasts in the ballpark of anatomically correct, but butts? (Incidentally, this guy isn't that bad at breasts, which makes it even stranger).

Seriously look at this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/im_an_elite_angel_but_im_troubled_by_an_impregnable_high_school_girl_ch07#17

I mean, that's what you'd get if you popped the legs off a Barbie doll and glued them onto a stick. I'm so confused that this guy has such an ass fetish but seems like he's never seen one before. Feels like he's drawing what he thinks one looks like from a 10-year-old trying to describe it after seeing a dirty picture one time for a few seconds. The shadow of a memory of booty, long ago lost to the ages of legend...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wish partially fullfilled huh

joined Dec 13, 2013

i cant take this manga seriously with all the random butt close up

To reply you must either login or sign up.