Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_magical_revolution_of_the_reincarnated_princess_and_the_genius_young_lady_ch02#7

panels 1 and 2: both are surprised, then king has a stroke while Grantz goes back to his tea.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_magical_revolution_of_the_reincarnated_princess_and_the_genius_young_lady_ch02#32

penultimate panel: the duke is saying he's take action about the successsion?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I get why manga like Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san lean so heavily into the genre-cliches but with these it just drives me into despair. Not a shred of originality. Not even a single moment in those first two chapters is anything you can't find elsewhere. Sure, it's puzzled together slightly different each time, but that's about the level of originality and creativity LN authors and mangaka bring these days?!

Bleh. Unworthy.

This one seems fairly different from the normal fair, with the reincarnated princess not being automatically good at everything and massively popular, rejecting her claim to the throne, and focusing on science and research rather than personal power or politics.

penultimate panel: the duke is saying he's take action about the successsion?

I think he's saying that he's willing to go against the princess's wishes to push her onto the throne, rather than leave it up to the king who's more willing to indulge his daughter. The King seems to agree that she'd be a better ruler, despite her quirks, so the duke isn't actually going against him.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks fun so far.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I like this.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that was better than how it was handled in the WN, at least. Though the real test will be if basically the same discussion happens next chapter

joined Feb 1, 2017

THIS, THIS IS WHAT IVE ALWAYS WANTED i love it already

joined Nov 21, 2018

Despite probably being only minor characters in a yuri story, I enjoyed reading the dynamic between the two dads, and enjoyed even more when Anne-Sophia threw a wrench into things.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This was surprisingly fantastic.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

with the reincarnated princess not being automatically good at everything

Literally a genius at the one thing she cares about.

(not) and massively popular,

Yet everyone indulges her.

rejecting her claim to the throne

The noble hero who gets into a position of power despite not wanting it. How novel.

and focusing on science and research rather than personal power or politics.

Essentially the standard recipe of the "our worlder" bringing their knowledge to the other world and this making them successful. I also really disagree; I've read at least two if not more isekai that are about "magic research" - it usually is coupled with the "child genius" trope.

And if any of those novels ever were about any serious sort of politics I'd praise them for it, that's certainly not standard.

Plus, you've conveniently ignored all the other crap - like the "heroine vs villainess" setup with the prince and his goons. Or the generic Western-ish fantasy world. Or the overindulgent-yet-stressed father.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 4:43AM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Feel free to go somewhere else, then.

If you can't appreciate the story because you lack the ability to actually SEE the story past the individual parts, and are unable to realize that when everything is put together in this way as well as this has been that it's refreshing and enjoyable and interesting, then there's no need for you to stay here trying to ruin it for the people who can see that.

After all, complaining about a story you don't like and trying to make it so no one else can like it either is such a cliche and generic concept. I've seen the same thing a million times before. Does this poster actually think he's being original or creative? Bleh. Unworthy.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I rather enjoy this; it has a lot of potential. Not everything has to be To Kill a Fucking Mockingbird.

joined May 26, 2016

this one was pretty decent iirc and also lol its this or the unseal gender bend isekai we can't have the cake and eat it

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

'Cliche?'

Never diss the classics!

joined Jun 3, 2014

Didn't think I'd like this as much as I did. I just love the mc and how gay and enthusiastic she is

joined Oct 12, 2015

never thought I would like a isekai this much, maybe its the yuri part that I like. I’m in for the ride.
Hope it have a reasonable ending and doesn’t go down hill.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 1:33PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Tangent: if you want a (probably) very novel take on isekai, try https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12431866/1/Sanitize It's slow but surprisingly engaging for me, even as a non-consumer of Naruto media.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 3:25PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just love how she crashed the whole "bad end" right at the start and the best part is that's just the beginning, the adventures start from now on and the prince and whatever manipulative thing or not going on with him can fuck off (or it should, really, it would be so awesome if they just let them be and instead start researching magic and create awesome things together as they progress in love too). I haven't felt this much pleasure since "May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing?" but the difference is that past the second chapter, I'm still excited and looking forward for more and both mc are great. With the "May I Please ask..." manga the intro is super good but I found myself lost after that and the prince was seeing the protagonist as a form of entertainment and that pissed me off so I dropped it.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like how most of the characters actually have personalities

Gravity-rush-kat-revan_1
joined May 20, 2016

can't wait for the update love this

joined Mar 22, 2020

So does this get a yuri ending ? Does she end up with her or not ? Someone please tell me.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Feel free to go somewhere else, then.

If you can't appreciate the story because you lack the ability to actually SEE the story past the individual parts, and are unable to realize that when everything is put together in this way as well as this has been that it's refreshing and enjoyable and interesting, then there's no need for you to stay here trying to ruin it for the people who can see that.

After all, complaining about a story you don't like and trying to make it so no one else can like it either is such a cliche and generic concept. I've seen the same thing a million times before. Does this poster actually think he's being original or creative? Bleh. Unworthy.

Aha, this!! Well said, my friend.

So does this get a yuri ending ? Does she end up with her or not ? Someone please tell me.

One can certainly hope. At the very least, we will have lovey dovey magical research moments with these two. Now... if only the LN was not cancelled, I would have stayed up all night binge-reading xD

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

no matter how impressing a manga adaptation is it'll always lack in some ways especially if the original story was a novel, the experience is just lil bit too different when i'm reading the novel vs the manga
but can't deny that it's also fun when you are served with full image and illustration (and this manga's visual is awesome too if i might say)
so yea if i can have both LN and manga then i'll def enjoy it with to heart content lol

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This is the best

Anne-Sophia just blatantly hitting on a girl in front of both their fathers

Zero shame

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 2:12AM

joined Nov 14, 2014

This actually has turned out to be a very interesting story. Hope it is a long one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.