Forum › There's No Way I Can Have A Lover! *Or Maybe There Is? discussion

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

i agree with everyone here who says the compromise is weird, lol.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm. Something about this manga doesn't click with me. dunno. It's weird. Oh well.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

oh god so many characters, I'm starting having trouble telling them apart

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

"We were already friends for two months"
What?? I thought this was like in the span of three days...

She was part of the popular girls group for two months already. Then the incident on the roof happened and from ch1 to ch3 it's 3 days.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is gonna be some complex love polygon/geometric clusterfuck, right?

joined Nov 21, 2018

That last page was pretty telling. "Being lovers isn't fun."

joined Dec 4, 2017

is this series released weekly?? if so wonderful!

is this series released weekly?? if so wonderful!

No I'm pretty sure it's released monthly, so far there's around 9 chapters out, well 9.2(that came out today), but ya know overall still 9.

Mai: Your happiness is more than I deserve, since we're already acting as lovers.
Renako: Thank you, at least you have good taste.

It really sounds like she's saying Mai has good taste for being intrested in her, though I know it's not like that, but I mean Mai does have good taste, Renako is super cute man and I totally agree with her girls sure are complicated.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Man, I dunno... The art is beyond amazing and the premise is interesting, but I'm finding this kinda......... Boring? Whispering You a Love Song it's better...

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP vs. THE POWER OF GAY

joined Sep 13, 2018

its kinda meh but i think of them as the blonde rich girl and her maid from the food wars anime.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

This manga so far seems to be a far more innocent version of this picture (Aisaki Emiru & Ruru Amour from the artist Unpale).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Man, I dunno... The art is beyond amazing and the premise is interesting, but I'm finding this kinda......... Boring? Whispering You a Love Song it's better...

That's because the premise sounded strong on paper but MC already in shumble after only 4 chapters. It could have take a Yagate path and taje its time but decide to go quick.

That's because the premise sounded strong on paper but MC already in shumble after only 4 chapters. It could have take a Yagate path and taje its time but decide to go quick.

Quick is better tbh, the faster it is we get to see them actually dating they're already kissing in a hotel tub in chapter 9.2 and she's in shambles after that

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Quick is better tbh, the faster it is we get to see them actually dating

Then what the point of putting the premise ? Imagine if after 5 chapters Yuu was already in love with Touko. The whole premise of Best Friend vs Lover is useless if you throw it out of the windows as soon as Ch.4 .

joined Jun 7, 2019

"I'm not a simple girl that you can kiss after dating for a week"
me,who give the first kiss on the first day of relationship, kisses with strangers at parties and also kissed friends,reading this
I aM a wHoRE

last edited at Sep 5, 2020 12:25AM

Then what the point of putting the premise ? Imagine if after 5 chapters Yuu was already in love with Touko. The whole premise of Best Friend vs Lover is useless if you throw it out of the windows as soon as Ch.4 .

They haven't thrown it out the window though it's still slowly building like any story, anyways you misunderstood me, I meant that it is better when it's quick and doesn't drag on too much, because then we them after they start dating, in most yuri stories we don't see much of after they're officially dating, like we only see a few chapters of Touko and Yuu after they start dating(wish we coulda gotten more).

joined Jun 12, 2019

Oh Mai.. she booped the nose cuteee

joined Feb 24, 2019

That last page was pretty telling. "Being lovers isn't fun."

Yeah, I found a lot of this chapter off-putting. I hope things turn around because right now it feels like one friend pushing another into pretty uncomfortable situations.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Feels really weird, at the moment. Like, I don't get the choice to immediately jump ahead to the nth day of them acting as lovers, where Renako is already tired of it and refusing to play along, and Mai being mildly flirty has no impact because we don't have a baseline for her "normal" behaviour. If all the same events happened, except this had been a "friend" day and Mai had left on the promise that she'd be stepping things up from tomorrow on, then we'd have a bit of intrigue and anticipation going, but instead...

I dunno, maybe they're still building things up, but I'm not really invested in them as a couple yet. They're attracted to each other, yeah, but it doesn't feel like they're on the same wavelength at all. It's like they're reading from different scripts.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Agreed, Takeshima Eku is at the top of my mangaka artstyle list, but this is a little bland so far, maybe it'll get spicier as it goes on?

joined Mar 19, 2020

They haven't thrown it out the window though it's still slowly building like any story, anyways you misunderstood me, I meant that it is better when it's quick and doesn't drag on too much, because then we them after they start dating, in most yuri stories we don't see much of after they're officially dating, like we only see a few chapters of Touko and Yuu after they start dating(wish we coulda gotten more).

I agree that we should see more gay relationship story’s but I also think that with cases such as bloom into you it’s good to end it where it did. Though you have a point with this one. It’s moving so fast that if it doesn’t show them when they actually get together it seems as though this will really drag or will end soon enough.

joined Dec 13, 2018

It’s like they plugged modern yuri tropes into a GPT-2 bot and published whatever was spat out

honestly the best roast I've read in a while

I agree that we should see more gay relationship story’s but I also think that with cases such as bloom into you it’s good to end it where it did. Though you have a point with this one. It’s moving so fast that if it doesn’t show them when they actually get together it seems as though this will really drag or will end soon enough.

Yeah BIY definitely ended when it needed to, it didn't over stay, I just said that because they brought it up, in the context of all this; confessing in the first chapter so we eventually see them dating sooner than later type of deal. Not many yuri stories pull out the confession so suddenly which is why I said I like it when it's quick and this story doesn't have drama so far (it's more comedy anyways) so there's nothing really big getting in between the two leads like in BIY. These two are just battling the whole lovers vs friends thing, which I don't think will drag on too long, only just enough for some good progression.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Anyone know where I can read the raws? Thanks!

To reply you must either login or sign up.