Forum › Citrus + discussion

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

there are so many things left unresolved
As I recall there was a debate about who should be the new president, between yuzu and harumin's sister, which we never heard from again.

That was Yuz vs Mei actually; Mitsuko raised the stakes.

We don't know anything about Mei's biological mother.

I'm guessing a divorce settlement? Maybe arranged marriage blues. I feel like Mei's biological mum didn't want to be around the Aiharas anymore.

What happened to the manager? Did he marry someone else?

Probably he's enjoying the bachelor life of a successful businessman.

What about Shirapon and Himeko's supposed fiancees?

We'll never know. Personally, I don't care. The mention of their fiancees seems to be a minor plot device.

What happened to yuzu's friends?

If the wedding aftermath is any indication they're probably shedding their homophobia off.

I still don't understand about arranged marriages, this is not 1960, you can inherit something without the need to get married

Neither do I. But the reality is it still persists in some cultures. In my country, the arranged marriages happen between people of equal social status. In some Jewish communities they have this "Shadchan" person.

I know it's a yuri manga but they could have given Ume and Shou some development, basically Sho
give his daughter to a stranger.

I can't see the connection between the two points but I think Shou accepting Mei's raging lesbianism and her subsequent marriage to Yuzu seems to me a kind of atonement on his part.

If Sayaka is so in favor of school rules, then why is her hair dyed blue?

I think it's a sort of saying Sayaka is a character to watch out for. Look at Matsuri and her brilliant pink hair, boy did she make an entrance.

Mei at the beginning of the manga acted with a lot of confidence and whenever she had the opportunity she tried to fuck yuzu (until yuzu had a virgin panic) what happened to her now?

Cucked. By Harumin showing how to treat Yuzu right.

Why were some characters literally discarded?

Can you clarify on this one? Which character are you talking about and how do you think they were discarded?

Why are there so many coincidences in this manga? First, Mei and Yuzu become stepsisters by chance, then the manager turns out to be the fiancé, then it turns out that Matsuri also knows him and many more

That's Citrus universe for you.

Well SaburoUta basically said: "Fuck the development of the story, I want more Mei goinf blushy blushy hehe"

Actually sums up the sentiment of your post.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Oh my god can these bitches have sex already for fucks sake it's been 15 trillion years wishing to see Mei naked

What about Shirapon and Himeko's supposed fiancees?

Personally i think Saburo Uta is planning on having them follow Yuzu & Mei's lead, calling off their engagement to their fiancees finding someone they actually like, make their own choices their own paths not ones that have been made & choose for them.

joined Jul 26, 2016

i think Saburo Uta is planning

Ah. An optimist.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

i think Saburo Uta is planning

Ah. An optimist.

A foolish one at that

Still, dare to dream!

Also,

Get out and be gay gurl!

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

.-.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I don't even know why I'm still following this series. The pacing and writing keeps getting worse... And yet I still hold onto hope for whatever reason.

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

“When can I come out?”
Haha... I a s k m y s e l f t h a t e v e r y d a y . . .

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Oh my god can these bitches have sex already for fucks sake it's been 15 trillion years wishing to see Mei naked

Saburouta: No.

Me, You and Everyone else: T_______________________T

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I can see where the criticism comes from, this is definitely not one of the best yuri out there, but I will always love it with all my heart, such a treat it was released on Yuzus birthday too lol

joined Aug 19, 2019

“When can I come out?”
Haha... I a s k m y s e l f t h a t e v e r y d a y . . .

It's sad, but same :(

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Mei at the beginning of the manga acted with a lot of confidence and whenever she had the opportunity she tried to fuck yuzu (until yuzu had a virgin panic) what happened to her now

It's in the manga

Seriously, I think about this all the time when Im reading. I think the best way to summarize it is that Mei is a useless lesbian. SO. DAMN. USELESS

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 4:41PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sayaka's line is so perfect.

And is nice to see Mei letting herself be pampered by Yuzu at school. Thanks for the translation Chaosteam.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

lmfao third wheelin

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't even know why I'm still following this series. The pacing and writing keeps getting worse... And yet I still hold onto hope for whatever reason.

sunk cost fallacy (probably) i think someone already pointed that out

joined Feb 23, 2016

Cutee

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

I feel like that's almost all of us here

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I feel like that's almost all of us here

I think it's fair to say that at the beginning, this series had some real energy in the relationships and what in live action would be called "chemistry" between the leads. That, along with some pretty decent art, created a surprisingly massive amount of interest and goodwill among the readership.

Even though eventually the plotting and characterization flaws in the series became overwhelming, and the Mei-Yuzu relationship was, for whatever reason, reduced to a sort of, at best, medium-level sexual tension, for many readers that previous goodwill has been slow to disappear completely.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that I expected that when Mei & Yuzu got the all-clear for their relationship there would be a whole bunch of fireworks in the bedroom.

There has been a conspicuous lack of fireworks in the bedroom.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There has been a conspicuous lack of fireworks in the bedroom.

Fire safety is a bitch o3o

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there won't be a new chapter of citrus plus or my unrequited love this month.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I might hate Saburouta's writing (Or lack of it) skills, but i have to admit that she can make some beutiful illustrations from time to time. I honestly hope she does a collab with a more competent writer in the future, cuz her art its the only reason i keep reading Citrus.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

<_<

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 2:57AM

joined Aug 19, 2019

What the fuck why is Mei so hot asfhegbdzfyjtyddkebtrnr

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They don’t even spoon.

joined Jul 25, 2020

MOREEEEEE!!! uwahhh

To reply you must either login or sign up.