Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

"There are tons of lesbian couples that don't work out just because each of them are women"
This statement feels odd or off for some reason

joined Sep 6, 2018

"There are tons of lesbian couples that don't work out just because each of them are women"

Yeah, I agree. It’s better to just say, “There are tons of lesbian couples that don’t work out just because of not going to the gym together or because of bed death.”

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Idk if you're referring to the content of it or the wording. It does sound odd regarding the wording. Also when Risa says "I hope people accept us" when hugging Aya, it feels like the author is breaking her character and it's mostly the author speaking rather than Risa because it doesn't have any coherence with the particular scene. Also her mentioning different genders, wasn't relevant with the scene. It would fit more if someone like Tsubasa said it for example (although Tsubasa did make a similar mention as well)

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKK OFFFF

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

It seems like whether or not people are content with the axed ending depends on whether or not their favorite couple got together. In my case, I'm happy Risa and Aya made it, but I wish we could've gotten that one cover of them getting married, or if not maybe trying on wedding dresses together? Heck, I would've at least had them wearing rings or something in their last scene.

Futaribeya%20zombie%20avatar
joined Aug 28, 2018

Heck, I would've at least had them wearing rings or something in their last scene.

Look a little closer on pages 6 and 10.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It seems like whether or not people are content with the axed ending depends on whether or not their favorite couple got together. In my case, I'm happy Risa and Aya made it, but I wish we could've gotten that one cover of them getting married, or if not maybe trying on wedding dresses together? Heck, I would've at least had them wearing rings or something in their last scene.

Well, my favorite was Aya and Risa, but I'm still bitter over the ending. I just don't get behind the idea that it's a happy ending because Miyu seems to have moved on. It feels more like masking the problem. It would be different than them confessing and getting rejected. It would feel more right.

Regarding Aya and Risa yeah, they both wear rings in their left ring fingers. Also they are in the UK (you can see from the flag in a panel) and the European buildings, so we could guess that they went there to also get married in the future.
I actually did expect to see them getting married in the last chapter too, because there were many references for them about marriage all through the manga. But i think we should be grateful for the het marriage author gave us in the past chapter. Who cares about the marriage of the couple who by miracle managed to stay together in this yuri story anyway.

joined May 1, 2013

So, uh, two of the couples literally just ended with a time skip where one of them is with a dude and the other one just pines forever?

It's actually hilarious that they get off the phone and are like "She seems to be totally over her crush!" and literally THIRTY SECONDS AGO she was cupping the chick's face longingly.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Really bugs me that Risa says "This is thanks to your mom". It's true, but what a weird thing to say before kissing your partner.

Sexy voice: Your mom is the best.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 9:16PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

This started out with a lot of potential, but Axe-chan kills another one yet again. Well, i guess 2 out of 4 couples ended up together which is the only good thing out of this whole mess of a rushed ending.

joined Jul 8, 2020

Ended just like that huh? I mean, I was hoping it will continue a bit more, like one or two page more. Where all of the gym crew gathered like how Risa and Miyu about to plan on. Wouldn't it be nice to ended it up with a group pics that showed each couple's end game relationship? RisaxAya leaning together, IwashitaxTsubasa standing close with a blush, Moe bring her husband, Hikari bring her boyfriend, Nozomi bring her boyfriend, the manager and her wife, and Miyu with her trademark smile on the middle (well she supposed to be the damn MC), sadly alone but still smiling, at least. Like pouring salt on your open wound. Yep.

joined Jul 8, 2020

Ended just like that huh? I mean, I was hoping it will continue a bit more, like one or two page more. Where all of the gym crew gathered like how Risa and Miyu about to plan on. Wouldn't it be nice to ended it up with a group pics that showed each couple's end game relationship? RisaxAya leaning together, IwashitaxTsubasa standing close with a blush, Moe bring her husband, Hikari bring her boyfriend, Nozomi bring her boyfriend, the manager and her wife, and Miyu with her trademark smile on the middle (well she supposed to be the damn MC), sadly alone but still smiling, at least. Like pouring salt on your open wound. Yep.

I do get why the characters saying or implied on those things that indicates not all lesbian feelings or couples end up well. It really is true, and it become relatable in this series. Looking at the situation of the manga itself, nice cover up from the author.

Overall, this series not have the best ending, and not everyone have the happiest ending, but it is still okay in my book. Thank you for the author and translator. Let's keep supporting author and translator. Cheers.

joined Jul 8, 2020

On the other OTHER hand, Aya pouting there at the end was super adorable!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Aya is so damn adorable, like, what creature is she? So damn adorable! Shyly asking for sex like that? Come onnn it's not fair to be that adorable ugh. The best for the last indeed. I do hope we can get a separate story about Risa and Aya, just so we can see Risa being goof and tease, and Aya being such adorable tsun.

Sometimes we have lovable side characters that just steals the show from the main one. Love that. lmao. And that's AyaxRisa for me.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

I'm happy for Aya and Risa.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

We're all allowed our own opinions. And I fucking hated this. It feels like kissing Jessica Stein but worse, with less explanation, and multiple couples. That last chapter is so damn preachy. Like "hey reader you're not allowed to hate this ending because it's realistic now watch two lesbians wax poetic about men and their mother." No, fuck that. This sours the whole series. If there was ever a game of thrones yuri, this would be it. "Lesbian couples don't always work out" is the iron throne and "it's all thanks to your mother" is the dragon that burns it. It's convoluted, messy, and deliberately placed to make the reader feel stupid for wanting the couples to work out. This doesn't even feel believable. It reeks of word of God and I hate it. I hate everything about this. I feel sick to my stomach. At least I didn't watch game of thrones, but this one had me fooled. Guess I'm the idiot.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

We're all allowed our own opinions. And I fucking hated this. It feels like kissing Jessica Stein but worse, with less explanation, and multiple couples. That last chapter is so damn preachy. Like "hey reader you're not allowed to hate this ending because it's realistic now watch two lesbians wax poetic about men and their mother." No, fuck that. This sours the whole series. If there was ever a game of thrones yuri, this would be it. "Lesbian couples don't always work out" is the iron throne and "it's all thanks to your mother" is the dragon that burns it. It's convoluted, messy, and deliberately placed to make the reader feel stupid for wanting the couples to work out. This doesn't even feel believable. It reeks of word of God and I hate it. I hate everything about this. I feel sick to my stomach. At least I didn't watch game of thrones, but this one had me fooled. Guess I'm the idiot.

I guess you didn't liked this one. But for real though, i agree with you on a lot of things, especially the "LEsBiAnS dOn'T aLwAyS wOrK oUt" stuff this final chapters slapped us in the face with. Like no shit sherlock, but guess what, i'm reading fiction to run away from the harsh realities not to be reminded of them. These last 2 chapters did kinda soured the entire series for me too, because all those cute moments some of the ladies have with each other amount to absolutely nothing since in the end they lose out to nameless randos and we're supposed to just say "Yeah, that happens in reality so i guess this is a good ending actually."

joined May 12, 2019

On the other OTHER hand, Aya pouting there at the end was super adorable!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Aya is so damn adorable, like, what creature is she? So damn adorable! Shyly asking for sex like that? Come onnn it's not fair to be that adorable ugh. The best for the last indeed. I do hope we can get a separate story about Risa and Aya, just so we can see Risa being goof and tease, and Aya being such adorable tsun.

Sometimes we have lovable side characters that just steals the show from the main one. Love that. lmao. And that's AyaxRisa for me.

Exactly! The main reason of reading it was coz I fell in love with Aya and Risa since the very beginning. A series about just the two of them would be so so welcome!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is the ending? ...oh ok.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm happy for Iwashita x Tsubasa and Aya x Risa. But I also really wanted Nozomi and Miyu together. I just need one more chapter... pls.

Churi%20-%20copia
joined Dec 29, 2019

Well, that was... an ending, I guess. Happy for my fav ship ending in a good note and together, but everything else sucks a bit.

joined Feb 3, 2019

Didn't think the ending was that bad, probably because I didn't get that invested in Nozomi/Miyu, my biggest disappointment was Hikari/Moe, just feels like wasted time, still sad about that rushed ending.

Shinozaki
joined Feb 20, 2017

Didn't think the ending was that bad, probably because I didn't get that invested in Nozomi/Miyu, my biggest disappointment was Hikari/Moe, just feels like wasted time, still sad about that rushed ending.

Ikr, at the begining they looked like the comedians of the series but how they develop later is rally good in my opinión and the fact that Hikari WARNING SPOILER fakes the memory lost in the hot springs make it even more sad.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 1:41PM

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

wow i’m still thinking about how the author just married one of the couples off to some random dude, and then reminisces about why we were invested in the first place. i’m not against the “lesbian couples don’t always work out” idea, it’s sometimes true, but it doesn’t work in this framing. when you have a thing going and being built upon, just for the very next chapter for it to be over and she’s getting married to some nameless guy, it feels like a smack in the face. there’s no falling out, no introduction to the new guy, no romance, nothing. for all we know he’s some useless piece of shit who doesn’t care about her at all, and she only got married because she felt she had to. this is not only rushed, and contrived, but it’s invalidating and cruel to the queer reader. i know it was axed, and maybe this was the direction it was meant to go, but the complete lack of any context to this ending makes it invalid as a statement, and almost insulting to the reader. it isn’t the kind of ending you feel sad about(which can often be a good thing in storytelling), it just makes you angry. in all fairness, i didn’t write this story. i don’t know if there were any kinds of restrictions in making endings, nor how long the author had to figure them out. being rushed can lower work quality, and with something as time consuming as drawing and writing is, the first idea might have been all they had to work with. i’m not insulting the author, i think they did a great job with almost everything leading up to this, im just venting my frustration through a long and drawn out post so i can try and justify the anger i still feel even after 3 months of me having read it originally :(

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I admit i was slightly panicing, when i saw the Tags Marriage and Het combined with Age Gap. Noooooo... Not my tsubasa and iwashita....

But well that went Great. Reliefed!!!!

I don't Care much for the other "couples" since mostly it was unrequited. Not unrealistic but Depressing. Aya and Risa are Sweet though as well. Would have liked to Read their whole story without the Skip.

GOSTOdeVERmulherSEbeijando
Fb_img_1629753965676
joined Sep 1, 2021

Porra... é serio que acabo assim , pelo menos a aya e risa ficaram juntas mt bom a parada de ter esse questionamento social e parental e tal achei bem realista, a coroa e a novinha terminaram legal tmb, só fiquei puto com as duas amigas vsf aquela de cabelo curto vaca n se ligo que a de cabelo amarrado gostava dela , fdp dms

To reply you must either login or sign up.