Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Are people still unconvinced that Sakurako and Kasumi are a couple? At this point I'm not sure it's worth taking the time to explain things, because apparently some people aren't satisfied unless they see them have sex in extreme detail. If some people aren't gonna stop looking for reasons to support why they aren't a couple, I'm going to stop spending time to show them otherwise.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

By the way, i can't be the only one who think that Fujiho want more than playing pretend. I believe there will be a future bonus chapter about themand Fujiho wanting more than playing pretend.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Kasumi is going to be disappointed when she tries in-flight meals (unless manga ones are way better than real ones) ;p ... past experience suggests they go between "just edible" and "okay".

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, I had to laugh at that.

Though it also depends on the airline. Non-US national airlines like LAN are nicer than US airlines. International flights are nicer than US national ones -- I think even my US airline taking me from Australia to Hawaii offered free wine with the meal, like LAN.

So a JAL or ANA flight to Hawaii might have nice meals. Probably not awesome though.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Are people still unconvinced that Sakurako and Kasumi are a couple? At this point I'm not sure it's worth taking the time to explain things, because apparently some people aren't satisfied unless they see them have sex in extreme detail. If some people aren't gonna stop looking for reasons to support why they aren't a couple, I'm going to stop spending time to show them otherwise.

By Sakurako's own words "We're not exactly dating" Sakurako and Kasumi are a quasi-couple. A proto-couple if you will. It's analogous to a protostar. The feelings are swirling in and the pressure at the core is building. However critical mass has not been achieved, in order to ignite a full fledged relationship. That won't happen until Kasumi has her all in moment. That's the moment where the person realises they are willing to make a comment to their relationship. Kasumi seems to be close to making the leap, but her musings on the park bench told me she isn't quite there yet.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Problem is that in many ways they are committed. They're living together, they've both gone out of their way to ensure that. They've had moments of feelings, including Sakurako calling Kasumi "kind of my girlfriend, kind of..." directly. And then OTOH we get moments like this. It's kind of a mess.

joined Jul 26, 2016

By Sakurako's own words "We're not exactly dating" Sakurako and Kasumi are a quasi-couple. A proto-couple if you will. It's analogous to a protostar. The feelings are swirling in and the pressure at the core is building. However critical mass has not been achieved, in order to ignite a full fledged relationship. That won't happen until Kasumi has her all in moment. That's the moment where the person realises they are willing to make a comment to their relationship. Kasumi seems to be close to making the leap, but her musings on the park bench told me she isn't quite there yet.

These gals have been not just living together but making their life plans around each other for, what, five-six years in-universe and give no hints of stopping any time soon (read as "before the grave"). But because they have failed to conveniently label themselves to your satisfaction they're still apparently not a "real" couple or in "a full fledged relationship."

okay.jpg

Now excuse me while I go find my eyes, I think they rolled over to the kitchen.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Just want to link a couple posts on the subject of SakuKasu that you might find interesting...

A review of "A Room For Two" for a Facebook group

Kasumi vs. Yurika, who'd win?

And while I'm at it, let me reaffirm this: I ardently support White Rose's reading of the relationship of our two main characters, and will keep doing so until the Sun turns into a red giant and swallows the Earth. So there.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 10:50AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

These gals have been not just living together but making their life plans around each other for, what, five-six years in-universe and give no hints of stopping any time soon (read as "before the grave"). But because they have failed to conveniently label themselves to your satisfaction they're still apparently not a "real" couple or in "a full fledged relationship."

okay.jpg

Now excuse me while I go find my eyes, I think they rolled over to the kitchen.

Why do people get so damn insulting when other people don't agree with their opinion. Like I'm obviously some idiot because I don't share your interpratation.
My point isn't just a labeling issue.(which you conviently ignored when you went on your little pc anti label rant) I don't think Kasumi has fully commited to Sakurako yet. For most of the series I've felt that Kasumi has pretty much just gone with Sakurako's flow. Letting Sakurako handle life's day to day minutiae, so she could indulge her lazy streak. Pretty much treating her relationship with Sakurako as a marriage of covience. Only recently have I've seen any actual though into the actual nature of her future with Sakurako.

joined Jan 6, 2017

This series has really sold me on the wonders of manzai romance (funny man x straight man). Every time a new chapter comes out I fall more in love with it.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Is Kasumi really that beautiful that 'no woman can hold a candle to her' like Hina says? She doesn't look that special to me.
Then again this artist has very poor skills drawing people, so all the girls look the same.

joined Jan 14, 2020

THERE IS ONLY ONE NOSE

joined Jul 8, 2020

It would be nice if there's a chapter where Kasumi and Sakurako talk about their relationship, in a serious way. Like, it's fine even if they don't end up labeling their relationship as girlfriends and just continue with the comfortable "as long as we're together forever" kind of relationship. But with all the people around them getting together as girlfriends and those people assuming them as girlfriends already (which is surprisingly not, which make me surprised as well when Sakurako said it), I just hope they will have the "serious talk" soon.

But then again, I really am happy with the light slice of life, everyday pure true love story vibe I get from this manga. So there's that too.

joined Sep 5, 2018

It would be nice if there's a chapter where Kasumi and Sakurako talk about their relationship, in a serious way. Like, it's fine even if they don't end up labeling their relationship as girlfriends and just continue with the comfortable "as long as we're together forever" kind of relationship. But with all the people around them getting together as girlfriends and those people assuming them as girlfriends already (which is surprisingly not, which make me surprised as well when Sakurako said it), I just hope they will have the "serious talk" soon.

You mean like that scene in chapter 53?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Love the extras here, page 7 and page 15 especially.

joined May 17, 2020

Can they become a couple already!
Btw great work as usual!

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

That kissing day illustration is great.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Can they become a couple already!

They have already promised to each other that they will buy a house with a white picket fence and live together forever; they will always love each other and never get married to men.

If you don't call that a "couple" we have different definitions of the term.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kissing day is a great day. ^_^

And Yukari is adorable.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I swear to God it's been a whole year and everytime i check this forum it's the same argument every time.

The clowns change, the circus keeps going.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

On-panel fisting or it's just Subtext 4 evah!

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This will never be a romance manga. It will always continue to be a "cute girls doing cute things" manga, even if it continues until the characters are middle aged. Expecting anything else is going to be setting yourself up for disappointment. The author doesn't seem interested in exploring exactly what Kasumi and Sakurako's relationship is. You can read them as asexual soulmates, or imagine that they just are very physically demonstrative off-camera, there won't be any clear contradiction of either interpretation.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wish Kasumi and Sakurako were as gay in the main series as they are in the extras.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or just kissing each other on the lips, or calling each other girlfriend/couple without walking it back, or... there's a rather wide middle ground.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Or just kissing each other on the lips, or calling each other girlfriend/couple without walking it back, or... there's a rather wide middle ground.

Nuance is a thing.

Not a fan of this general inability to grasp meanings that aren't ostentatiously labeled with neon letters six feet tall.

To reply you must either login or sign up.