Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

I think I’m still reading this out of a morbid sense of curiosity. At this point I just can’t find it in me to be invested in any of the characters. I don’t think the plot was very well thought through.

I mean, Kaoru’s gonna end up with Uta, I have no doubt about it. The only question is how long the story drags itself out getting there

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Oh god it's the "because I'm... interested" archetype. Nice "Ah yes you see I simply find your irrational actions... amusing hehe" gigabrain wannabe cringe you got there

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

I seriously don't understand those people, who likes Risako. Like, why? It makes me sick in a stomach when I see people writing about her in so many superlatives, when she doesn't deserve to be liked. Manipulative, unhonest jerk. When I see characters in other series, that look like her, I immediately can't read / watch it because it reminds me of that one character, that I hate : P Sorry for bad Eng.

I'd say it's just a matter of nuance and, you know, personal preferences. Just because you enjoy reading about flawed characters doesn't mean you condone every questionable or downright wrong thing they do.

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

I don't care about the previous 33 chapters of torture. I am excited for the next chapter. As long as the author reveals Risako's inner thoughts or her side of the story, this manga is saved for me. A good chance it'll make it onto my like list, ha-ha.

Hurrah for direct communication! And Risako!! \O/

aaaaand I have to agree with every bit of my soul here!

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 7:31PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is not a complaint, but does anyone know why the same translation takes almost two weeks longer to appear here after it shows up elsewhere (like on MangaDex)?

Common sense tells me it's probably the Scanlator's choice. MangaDex seems to be the 1st choice in uploading stuff before heading down here.

It was often MD that was a day or two later than Dynasty with Citrus+ and this. Chaosteam themselves seem to have started uploading to MD though, instead of external uploaders.

Chapter went without QC on mangadex that's why it was there sooner. QC took a week, uploading it here takes forever since we don't have uploader rights and we have to wait for someone to do it for us

Thanks for doing the work—much appreciated.

(As I said, I only asked because I sometimes forget where I’ve seen it.)

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 7:42PM

joined Oct 2, 2019

Fuck them. Kaoru do your thing.

joined Feb 27, 2018

Y’know I’m starting to think I called this awhile ago... now we wait to see if I’m actually right.

joined Feb 27, 2016

I don’t know how to feel about this anymore. The best friends reasoning for doing it sounds so stupid. It and kaoru makes an excellent dumb blonde. I understand losing your mother and always feeling safe with someone so you ignore some things but come on... She was really just going to forgive then both like ok you been fucking my guy for years and probably other people to but it’s ok we’ll work through it.. I hate angst so much but I gotta see this through to its unfulfilling terrible ending.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I still think it can go either way with tmnr they have done stuff with none angsty endings too

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 10:08PM

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

kaoru is just getting more and more stupid each chapter. it’s making me like her less and less.

Fuck them. Kaoru do your thing.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

joined Jan 17, 2020

Only a time skip will fix this. Kaoru becomes an independent woman and seeks Uta for a real relationship.

But...who are we kidding.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@sofieru posted:

I don't care about the previous 33 chapters of torture. I am excited for the next chapter. As long as the author reveals Risako's inner thoughts or her side of the story, this manga is saved for me. A good chance it'll make it onto my like list, ha-ha.

Hurrah for direct communication! And Risako!! \O/

aaaaand I have to agree with every bit of my soul here!

:( ... ch35 didn't quite cut it for me. Risako remains a low-empath enigma. I felt like this was kind of cheap albeit consistent with how she's been written--shallowly--throughout the manga, but my optimism probably got the better of me (expectations too high).

Given that Risako just straight up admitted she lied about a bunch of stuff, I would not put much weight in what she says--but I'm not Kaoru. *rolls eyes*

I do hope the mangaka manages a decent ending. This chapter felt like a regression. Hopefully, in a couple chapters, I can say it would read better reading all the chapters back to back. x(.__. )x

I don't need a happy story nor for all the characters to be "flawed", but I'd at least like to have some full, interesting characters, and none have met the bar. :/

'til the next chapter...

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 11:13PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Damnit I wasn't interested in Reichi's story. I pretty much figured out his motivations a while ago. This chapter just filled in a few details. What I want to know is what the hell is Risako's deal. I think she dropped some clues with the whole I wanted to get rid of these pesky feelings for others but we won't know until she drops the dime.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ooof Rocky foundation, a lot to take in for Kaoru..... Errbody got problems it seems. I wouldn't hate on Risako, she was just being honest and seemed to be just consoling Reichi as a friend about issues he was uncomfortable discussing with Kaoru, she's kinda just the fence sitter watching people she cares about just do stuff without interfering too much (until now lol I think it's for the better). I kinda like how it became no ones the bad guy in this situation, things were just confusing and complicated when their relationship started. I don't want to guess what will happen next, I'm to invested in seeing whats thrown at me! I'm always down for more drama

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Given that Risako just straight up admitted she lied about a bunch of stuff, I would not put much weight in what she says--but I'm not Kaoru. *rolls eyes*

This is an interesting difference between actual people in real life and characters as plot functions in fiction.

In real life, once someone is revealed to have been lying about something important like this, it’s rational to be distrustful of any such things they subsequently say.

But in this fiction, readers have known for a long time that Reiichi and Risako have been lying; we just haven’t known about exactly what until it was revealed in the latest chapters.

Once Kaoru confronts Reiichi (at long last), his demeanor doesn’t suggest that he is trying to minimize what he had done by claiming that there was no physical cheating. Similarly, Risako doesn’t appear to be trying to wriggle out of a tight spot—on the contrary, she seems to revel in revealing her previous manipulation of the situation, and so far from being distressed, she seems somewhat bemused by her own interest in Kaoru.

Basically, nothing would be accomplished for the story by the further revelation that the affair between Reiichi and Risako was physical rather than just emotional. Kaoru knows the truth about Reiichi’s feelings for her and about the shaky foundation of her marriage. What she does next is unlikely to be affected by finding out that Risako was a double liar rather than just a liar.

joined Dec 13, 2013

and here i was expecting risako to say ‘yeah ive been in love w you since highschool but im emotionally dumb so pls forgive me’

joined Jan 14, 2020

Only a time skip will fix this. Kaoru becomes an independent woman and seeks Uta for a real relationship.

Bah, I'm sick of time skips! I want to see Kaoru/Uta now, as they are. Besides, a time skip would mean Uta's "wean myself" didn't work.

I do hope the mangaka manages a decent ending. This chapter felt like a regression. Hopefully, in a couple chapters, I can say it would read better reading all the chapters back to back. x(.__. )x

I thought it was progress, in Risako spelling out for Kaoru what underlay her marriage.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Kaoru needs to take her ass to therapy ASAP

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Risako seems so malicious with the whole deal, if she truly liked/loved Kaoru she would have told her from the very beginning about Reiichi not truly loving her and only looking after her because of his own guilt. Her waiting for the perfect opportunity for Kaoru to find out about it on her own and be vulnerable doesn't sit well with me at all.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Bah, I'm sick of time skips! I want to see Kaoru/Uta now, as they are. Besides, a time skip would mean Uta's "wean myself" didn't work.

Except Uta is a child.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Isn't she like 6 months from graduation? 17.5 isn't really 'child' even if we sometimes pretend it is for the sake of legal categories.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I hope this story is over soon. I'll read til the end cuz we're this far in, but... Chapter 35 tanks.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

"And i want to start over again with Reiichi."
... Girl i-

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Isn't she like 6 months from graduation? 17.5 isn't really 'child' even if we sometimes pretend it is for the sake of legal categories.

Is 18 years the age of "adulthood" for where they are at least? If i'm not mistaken, in Japan is 20, but i'm not sure if they're living in Japan or not...

To reply you must either login or sign up.