Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I really like Risako and at this point, I would rather see the story take a turn and focus on her and/or her relationship with Kaoru, or just her relationships in general really. I'm aware it's more than unlikely, but still, 35 chapters in and I still find her much more interesting (and complex!) than the main characters.

I agree. I do love watching the situation develop between Kaoru and Uta but Risako really has my interest atm. She is a really interesting character and I'm curious as to why she is trying to cut off all of her feelings. But since she expressed her hope in making Kaoru want to cut ties with her so she wouldn't feel anything, it gives the impression that she seems to have feelings towards Kaoru more than anyone else. Tbh I wouldn't mind seeing a relationship between Kaoru and Risako.

Yep. This is called unrequited love so it could be referring to these three (or four potentially) characters, so wouldn’t that be fun. That’s just a thought. So anyway, ya risako has certainly got a weird interest in kaoru. Even when we first saw the flashbacks I though risako took reichii because she didn’t want kaoru to be with him and knows kaoru wouldn’t be interested in her as more than a friend so she went into the situation in a really roundabout way. Maybe so that she can be close to kaoru in a sort of romantic way like that? Or risako doesn’t know she likes her or something. I thought that idea was shot down with the whole cheating thing. But now she says she was asking him questions about kaoru she’d never know as a friend? I don’t know if I’m just jumping to gay conclusions but it makes sense to me. Risako is interesting and I’d totally be onboard a kaoru/risako ending.

Edit: but if that did happen, I’d feel bad for the siblings ‘cause damn.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 2:14PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

I hope she leaves him next chapter. IT'S BEEN 84 YEARS!!!!!!

joined Jun 25, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch03#6
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch03#7

I completely agree with you, Kaoru basically uses Uta as "someone to love" when she doesn't feel like she's getting affection from Reichii,

If I recall rightly, Reiichi accused Kaoru of pursuing the hug thing with him purely as a pretext to hug Uta (ostensibly as part of her strategy to get Uta to open up), and she didn't deny it.

^^^^ yes!!!

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

I seriously don't understand those people, who likes Risako. Like, why? It makes me sick in a stomach when I see people writing about her in so many superlatives, when she doesn't deserve to be liked. Manipulative, unhonest jerk. When I see characters in other series, that look like her, I immediately can't read / watch it because it reminds me of that one character, that I hate : P Sorry for bad Eng.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ok so the hand reaching for and being put on her head at the end on 21 22 is a memory right? since nobody is in the next panel - but who is that she is remembering giving her the kind of love she wants? Uta?

It seems the obvious answer but maybe its being deliberately misleading..
But when I looked back some chapters to try to find that memory, the only very similar one was indeed Uta comforting her like that- tho it was long ago as children.. Dunno if i missed another time it happened with someone?

Did you look at the credits page? The translators spelled out the callback for us.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I hate to admit it, but there is some truth to what Risako said "No matter how many times you try to build something on a rocky foundation, it's only bound to collapse again" this isn't even about the yuri anymore, what would be best for Kaoru right now would probably be to divorce Reiichi and start anew, I mean did he ever truly love her? or was it just him holding himself accountable and feeling guilty about it all these years? I see how it would give both parties some form of security at first, but how is something so destructive supposed to work in the long run?

But if she really wants to start anew with Reiichi again then the both of them need to seek some sort of advice and fix that long-lasting "responsibility" problem, otherwise it might just ruin their relationship even more, and once that's solved, then they can try and build a relationship again, but that's only if both parties are willing to commit to one another and create a healthy relationship together, but again, with everything that's going on right now It's easier said than done.

Either that or she can get with Uta instead and maybe we'll finally get that long-awaited Yuri ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is not a complaint, but does anyone know why the same translation takes almost two weeks longer to appear here after it shows up elsewhere (like on MangaDex)?

I mostly just forget what needs spoiler bars here and what doesn't . . .

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Ok, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the husband lie about being out of town so he could spend time with his ex? That's not something you do just to talk...

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I seriously don't understand those people, who likes Risako. Like, why? It makes me sick in a stomach when I see people writing about her in so many superlatives, when she doesn't deserve to be liked. Manipulative, unhonest jerk. When I see characters in other series, that look like her, I immediately can't read / watch it because it reminds me of that one character, that I hate : P Sorry for bad Eng.

You know those smart-ass villains in movies you know would be absolute GARBAGE human beings but you just can't bring yourself to hate them because of how interesting their character is? yeah, sorta like that.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Did you look at the credits page? The translators spelled out the callback for us.

i skipped it - thanks for pointing it out- thats the scene i thought it was recalling tho its not exactly the same - i. e a copy of it enlarged - but it looks like its meant to be a redraw of it. So i will assume it is.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 3:17PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Have to agree. I have no understanding of liking or finding such horrible characters as interesting - she is self serving and manipulative and fake to the point i think she is a psychopath. I dont mean the mass murdering sort but the clinical definition a lot more people meet like no empathy or moral compass etc.

p. s i dont mean shes bad as a character - writing wise. She is obviously fitting for her role.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 3:09PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This is not a complaint, but does anyone know why the same translation takes almost two weeks longer to appear here after it shows up elsewhere (like on MangaDex)?

Common sense tells me it's probably the Scanlator's choice. MangaDex seems to be the 1st choice in uploading stuff before heading down here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ok, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the husband lie about being out of town so he could spend time with his ex? That's not something you do just to talk...

Right, an "unexpectedly extended out-of-town business trip" on his birthday, no less. I don't know how you would make any more suspicious.

Nevertheless, that's what the text tells us, and there's no indication that either of them are lying now. In fact, Risako seems a little creeped out (or at least bemused) at the thought of a physical relationship with Reiichi--she's obviously focused on Kaoru, in her roundabout asocial way.

My hypothesis all along has been that the author is (or was--certain narrative options have been clarified by now) making most of this up as they went along, so the nature of the Reiichi/Risako relationship was left open until the author decided which way to take it. So Reiichi's ditching his wife on his birthday seems a bit much for the "they were always just talking" outcome, but would have fit right in if they were supposed to have been having a physical affair.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Common sense tells me it's probably the Scanlator's choice. MangaDex seems to be the 1st choice in uploading stuff before heading down here.

Sure, but for many series posted both places it's a matter of hours, not weeks.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Sounds like Risako would rather be asexual/aromantic, or is already one of those but but the other. "Stupid feelings for other people!" Or is low grade sociopath wishing she was more so.

I honestly just assume it's simpler than that: good old gay angst. She doesn't get relationships or have interest in guys, so she just assumed that's her identity and who she is, and then one day she's looking at Kaoru and is all "I want to kiss all her things" and then suddenly her world is twisted in knots, popular culture is telling her that none of this is okay, Kaoru isn't even into her, she's into this hopeless doof that's chasing after Risako herself, and it's just all so stupid and hurtful and she wants to just cut it off like a dead tree branch because holy shit unrequited love sucks so much.

I hope Kaoru finally reciprocates Uta’s feelings now that she’s realized someone has always loved her unconditionally. I honestly don’t care how Reichi feels about it either. I’m tired of seeing Uta constantly pick up the pieces due to Rei’s own ignorance.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I mean did he ever truly love her

As childhood friend/virtual sister, sure. Probably still does. As a sexual/romantic interest, probably not.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

No, you're right. About both the fact pattern and the implication there.

I was skeptical for the same reason. When Kaoru spotted them walking together in the rain, he had just lied about extending his trip, on his birthday, and suggested he would be out of town for days, when he was actually in his own neighborhood. That is...I mean, there's just no way he didn't think he was getting laid. I think his protests that everything was innocent are dishonest. Not that I think he necessarily was actually getting it on with Risako, I'm still kinda 50/50 on that, but if he didn't, it wasn't for lack of trying or expecting it.

I think the best explanation that fits the facts is this:

Reiichi reconnected with Risako thorugh work, they started talking and meeting up. She went along because of some combination of the following: Pity for Reiichi's kinda pathetic pining after her, Envy of his marriage to Kaoru and a desire to break it up, and curiosity about Kaoru and an earnest desire to learn more about her. (her stated reason) Reiichi, OTOH, mostly just thinks Risako is hot and is chafing against what has been clearly shown to be a marriage of obligation.

I think she was meeting with him regularly, leading him on just enough to keep things going, probably not actually doing anything with him but always leaving just that little bit of hope that maybe she might at some point. The thing on his birthday was either Risako finally taking the plunge to pull him into an actual affair, or him resolving to make a concerted effort to get with her and win her over, but whichever one it was, it got derailed when Kaoru saw them and got hurt.

Either way, unless we get a Reiichi or Risako POV chapter, I don't think there's any way for Kaoru (or us) to know, but it doesn't really change her situation in any event. Reiichi loves her platonically, not romantically, Risako wants to bang but can't be trusted, Uta's the only one that's been straight (heh) with her this whole time.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 3:49PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

That credit page did more damage to me than the actual manga :/
I just want this author to do fluff again this drama is so damn slow and boring
I think I don't even care about the yuri ship anymore

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

It was often MD that was a day or two later than Dynasty with Citrus+ and this. Chaosteam themselves seem to have started uploading to MD though, instead of external uploaders.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

It was often MD that was a day or two later than Dynasty with Citrus+ and this. Chaosteam themselves seem to have started uploading to MD though, instead of external uploaders.

Chapter went without QC on mangadex that's why it was there sooner. QC took a week, uploading it here takes forever since we don't have uploader rights and we have to wait for someone to do it for us

joined Aug 29, 2015

Everyone will be happy if Reiichi can just get out of the picture and I'm on the boat of Risako and Kaoru meeting up once in a while. Risako is brutally honest unlike Reiichi and Uta because she doesn't give a f*ck. a dose of truth will help Kaoru to realize that she is in a sham marriage.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Also I did made an upload request for chapter 34 which was never accepted and I have no idea what I did wrong since no one bothered to tell me when I asked in this forum. So we gave it to an uploader ( which was busy at the time that's why we chose to make an upload request that time) and it was finally uploaded 2 weeks after we released it on our Facebook page

joined Jul 26, 2019

Wait before you take it out on Risako, it's thanks to her that Kaoru will stop insisting and try to save her marriage again... She may seem cruel, but she's saving reicchi and Kaoru from a life of lies and false hopes.
It's your turn to play uta, the way is clear !

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I already read this in Mangadex so I'm honestly here only to know what people think Kaoru should do...

To reply you must either login or sign up.