Forum › Lily Marble discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

So how many of you sent the author death threats yet? That seems to be all the rage.

People are doing that??

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hate sudden rushed endings. :(

joined Feb 23, 2016

Uuuhm Did i miss something?

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

yea. k.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad that i hate this series from the start when most of you cheering it for "realism"
And now I will just sit back and enjoy this...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

"Several years later..."

...Well fuck.

Like many of us, I'm hugely disappointed with how abrupt this ending felt (assuming this is the ending, based on everyone's comments; it certainly feels like one, at the very least). I imagine the author did the best they could to wrap up the things they felt needed to be wrapped up, but it's still such a brutal jump ahead. I feel like the time skip was not the way to go here. I'd be more or less fine with the het ending for Moe and Hikari if it hadn't jumped straight to the wedding, skipping over all the important details of Moe giving up on Hikari and the two of them going their separate ways and getting boyfriends. And did it really take the age gap pair "several years" before actually starting to go out? I'm astonished Iwashita was able to resist for that long, haha. Oh well, at least the other two couples got proper resolutions, and at least everyone in this chapter is happy, living their lives how they choose. This was still a good manga, it's just unfortunate it had to end this way.

Edit: Looking at the author's Twitter, it seems that there's one more chapter yet to come that will focus on the other two couples.

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 2:39AM

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I knew that after chapter 33, the mangaka announced that this will end in chapter 35. It was rush, but I was at least hoping for a good end for Moe x Hikari. (Aya x Risa and Moe x Hikari was my favourite pairing. )

But after reading chapter 34... I now hope that I had never read it...

Chibi%20raiden%20pfp
joined Jun 17, 2016

EXCUSE ME?!?! HOW DARE U PULL THE "SEVERAL YEARS LATER" CARD!!!!!!!! AND HOW LONG IS SEVERAL YEARS ANYWAY?!?!??? THAT IT IS ENOUGH TO SKIP THE WHOLE DATING PROGRESS AND GO STRAIGHT FOR THE WEDDING???? HELLOOOOOOOOOOO?????
imma go take some chill pill now. Next chap better be miu x nozomi but seeing how last chap ended i don't have high hopes of them getting a happy ending either. Bruh I'm utterly disappointed really ._.

joined Jul 26, 2016

EXCUSE ME?!?! HOW DARE U PULL THE "SEVERAL YEARS LATER" CARD!!!!!!!! AND HOW LONG IS SEVERAL YEARS ANYWAY?!?!??? THAT IT IS ENOUGH TO SKIP THE WHOLE DATING PROGRESS AND GO STRAIGHT FOR THE WEDDING???? HELLOOOOOOOOOOO?????

In agrarian societies it's known as "series got the axe and author had to try and wrap everything up in circa one and half chapters".

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Did she really have to have that wedding in the end though? Axed or not, this is a shit ending.

I'll just go ahead with a headcanon and think Hikari divorces her husband after a couple of years and finally gets with Moe. Bye thnx.

joined May 12, 2020

I was looking forward for moe and hikari and then then WTHELL

joined May 12, 2020

i was rooting for moe and hikari. gaaaadamit. i'm gonna go and cry now. this hurts too much.

I feel you

joined Jul 10, 2020

So, the moral of this story:

If you can't have the girl you wanted, just find a guy and get married. How depressing lol

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

It is real as it gets. Very evident is not all ships are in together at this point. IRL, most people don't end up together since they are afraid to confess. It takes a lot of courage from whatever point of view if you are serious about what is inside you. That anxiety/agony of knowing what is the unknown is too much for some people. Take the case of Moe and Hikari, Hikari's wide open arms in the hotspring is an invitation for Moe to be part of her life. She is just a simple girl who's contented to have somebody by her side(married men is also outside what is generally accepted to be with). By the mere fact that Moe didn't move forward and give an excuse to come late at night, gave Hikari the impression of "can't be" or a "stigma of unaccepted relationships". Moe is precious enough to Hikari, so, by not losing her, she made it easier for Moe the following day of not remembering the night. So, people IRL must take relationships without labeling. Love is just everything that it is competely nothing.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

This bad end reminded me of Happy End

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It is real as it gets. Very evident is not all ships are in together at this point. IRL, most people don't end up together since they are afraid to confess. It takes a lot of courage from whatever point of view if you are serious about what is inside you. That anxiety/agony of knowing what is the unknown is too much for some people. Take the case of Moe and Hikari, Hikari's wide open arms in the hotspring is an invitation for Moe to be part of her life. She is just a simple girl who's contented to have somebody by her side(married men is also outside what is generally accepted to be with). By the mere fact that Moe didn't move forward and give an excuse to come late at night, gave Hikari the impression of "can't be" or a "stigma of unaccepted relationships". Moe is precious enough to Hikari, so, by not losing her, she made it easier for Moe the following day of not remembering the night. So, people IRL must take relationships without labeling. Love is just everything that it is competely nothing.

This analysis is very interesting. Especially the part about the married men. I was always interested in Hikari's character regarding that, because I felt like it showed an information about her in a less visible way, but I didn't look into it much.

I remember two other moments after the hot spring situation that can support this angle.
One when Moe was talking to that guy from the gym about going on a mixer and she was trying to hide it from Hikari, Hikari came behind them and the way her expression was drawn when she said "what are you guys talking about?" seemed extra nice and sweet and it was a bit suspicious. Like when you're being all too nice etc because you're trying to hide something.
The second was when Hikari started swooning over that older man who came to work, and when she was talking about him with Moe she also added "Besides, I don't want to keep causing trouble for you" which was most certainly referring to how Moe struggled after almost kissing her and then was gone for a full night.

I liked this pairing because of how they started. Moe was genuinely supportive of Hikari in trying to get over the manager without any other hidden motive, and I found it very refreshing, since a love interest would just be all angsty in that type of situation, thinking "why can't they love me instead"
All in all, it's funny because it turns out Hikari was the one who knew more about Moe's feelings than vice versa, since she was always the one portrayed as the less bright.

joined Jul 23, 2017

I dont know why I dont feel anything after noe and hikari didn't get together its kinda sad to think but I just dont want to expect that much either ... still its pretty sad to suddenly end it that way

joined Oct 23, 2016

I mean... I guess. lol Would be nice if it got animated.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

That last chapter felt like walking along the sidewalk reading a message on your phone and then you hit your face with a street sign. Hikari and Moe got done absolutely dirty. The other 2 were Okay-ish, i guess. Hoping the other 2 couples get at least a more decent ending since at least one of the couples got a sort of happy ending already.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Ha, what if the dude Hikari married were actually already married already. Once she found out, she'd get with Moe. Lol wouldn't be the first time

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ha, what if the dude Hikari married were actually already married already.

One rather imagines the matter would have come up while filing the paperwork. Preventing bigamy isn't exactly down to a passerby recognising one of the parties has prior arrangements, these days.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ha, what if the dude Hikari married were actually already married already. Once she found out, she'd get with Moe. Lol wouldn't be the first time

Actually right now you could technically be married to a guy, and have a registered same sex relationship at the same time in Japan.

That's because when relationship registration was challenged in courts 2015(IIRC), it was judged that it was allowed to stay in effect because it did not attempt to replace or change the marriage laws that are tied to the constitution.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yeah sorry, I'm gonna skip that. I wasn't that invested into the story anyway, maybe Hikari and Moe's story moreso (so that was a punch in the gut). Anyways I know not all couples are supposed to get their happy ending so what ever. Although I would like to say that there's a reason many of us read these stories, it's to escape reality. This ending was just much to realistic to enjoy.

PraytoGodnobodyfindsmehere
joined Oct 11, 2019

Fyi Lily marble ends at chapter 35. But it still a shitty rushed ending for every couple.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Now this was sad

To reply you must either login or sign up.