Forum › Moon, World, and Stars discussion

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

It's still too much for me, everything is overdone...
What I see : Kagami has been seduced by Umiyuri-sama and is a jealous bully
The manga's version : Kagami can't bear the weight of the music and Umiyuri-sama cry like she hasn't done anything

(+ the power of Yozora's singing made Kagami unable to continue strangle/bully her

The author should stop bringing up music everywhere

Music is the voice of the soul. Kagami was unable to endure the weight of the love which Yozora and Sekai expressed with the combination of that song and her voice. From Umiyuri point of view she probably tried to forcibly teach that to Kagami by seducing her which didn't work out so well.
That's how I see it at least. Well I don't see a problem with the amount of music put into this mainly because I love classic music myself

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't really have a problem with classic music either, I just can't stand the power of music and love that will save everyone, deal with any problems and save the world (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You see, your first sentence is exactly what I can't stand and even if I also think the second part is what the authors wanted to do, I don't find it very convincing... no in fact I don't find it convincing at all x)

I hope the authors won't try to pretend Umiyuri to be some fragile compasionate and full of kindness character
We already have the main character (if not the majority of the characters) like that and that's enough

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 2:09PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I don't really have a problem with classic music either, I just can't stand the power of music and love that will save everyone, deal with any problems and save the world (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
You see, your first sentence is exactly what I can't stand and even if I also think the second part is what the authors wanted to do, I don't find it very convincing... no in fact I don't find it convincing at all x)

I hope the authors won't try to pretend Umiyuri to be some fragile compasionate and full of kindness character
We already have the main character (if not the majority of the characters) like that and that's enough

Though if you take out the music and stuff like that it would turn into an ordinary sœur-like yuri manga. That is more or less what sets them apart ^^'
Totally agree on the Umiyuri part though

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Not take out the music part just slow down with the overly theatrical act

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

^this. I think the biggest problem of this story is that everything is so overplayed and thus looks unnatural. Even in theater this way of acting is considered mauvais tone, and here it makes everyone look doll-like and artificial, like in French commedia dell'arte in XVIII, so that the heroes just don't seem real people.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

the story is kind like of Strawberry Panic and Maria-sama ga miteru but with a little twist of music that is a bit of interesting and maybe the author will make a different ending towards this story. I still can't say a lot more because it still ongoing. I hope a more interesting chapters. :) Nice!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Suddenly... a new chapter appears!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In addition to "Etoiles," the school is called "Spica," right? I think this is to SP what SP was to Marimite, maybe.

joined Apr 7, 2016

Does Strawberry Panic complete? I was thinking it abandoned. but...where's the manga?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

For a sec I thought the series only had one volume and I was super disappointed, glad to find there are three. The premises are interesting, the Strawberry Panic partnership concept + music

Does Strawberry Panic complete? I was thinking it abandoned. but...where's the manga?

I think it was abandoned/cancelled yeah
If by "where" you mean on Dynasty Reader, it's because it's licensed in english by Seven Seas, so it won't be uploaded

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Strawberry Panic's manga ended at chapter 14 with a cliffhanger. Seven Seas has published the entire series as a single collection despite that in 2010, so it's safe to say that it has ended serialisation in Japan long ago.

Can't help you with a link to the manga though, since I don't read it online

For the complete story, you could try looking for the light novels instead but I can't remember whether there are any discrepancies in both versions. Probably aren't any.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

lol Nene's growing obsession with the mc is definitely giving me a strawberry panic vibe xD

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

What kind of fruit salad was that? She was whisking stuff together!

and take out the apples? What kind of person doesn't like apples? Thats it, I'm done

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

and take out the apples? What kind of person doesn't like apples? Thats it, I'm done

Me

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 3:07PM

joined Mar 30, 2016

Thank gods, thank your team,
now can continue to deep in emotion again ~

joined Dec 31, 2015

Personally, while reading this I didn't have any thoughts about Strawberry Panic. It was more of me just feeling conflicted of whom to ship until I thought, "Why not all?" My final conclusion is: orgy. Also I think it would be natural for it to be cliche, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes cliche stuff makes me hooked and continue reading it despite me knowing what happens next.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I'm new at all this and have never read Strawberry Panic. So I get the joy of taking this manga on its own merits.

And I did chuckle at the whole chevalier/etoile engagement system with the rings and everything. I'm reminded of a quote from Giles:

"I believe the subtext here is rapidly becoming...text."

joined Jun 7, 2017

i just find out that this manga is already complete 4 volumes so why didn't the scan team continue translate this manga????? and i hope they continue too.....so sad even tho' its this manga is good

Gpz_rio_1222
joined Nov 10, 2019

this reminds ne of kimi no nadekko

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

from 2014 then comes back in 2020
so suprise how long did it take

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I totally thought this series had been cancelled. Nice to see more of it, though.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

It... it lives?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Lord, I recall this as looking ten years out of date in 2014 . . .

joined Sep 11, 2014

Don't know if this sort of Yuri is for me. Like they are using relationships as a status rather than for actually being in love. And maybe I'm just getting old but I can't help but see high school bully stuff as petty and pointless.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It... it lives?

lmao my exact reaction

To reply you must either login or sign up.