Forum › Posts by Gamer598

joined Dec 31, 2015

Bro, you DO realize that this isn't fucking Shonen Jump right?

Imagine this running in jump alongside bnha and One Piece

The new series on Shonen Jump!

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 5:13PM

Gamer598
Opapagoto discussion 23 Dec 05:27
joined Dec 31, 2015

I'm literally blushing and screeching like a little child when I read this. Thank you so much for picking this up after it stopped, Translator W.

Gamer598
Romance discussion 23 Sep 18:33
joined Dec 31, 2015

romantic dicks

I'd guess they would have to have the...balls to do that.

I'm sorry.

Gamer598
joined Dec 31, 2015

It's been many moons since I read a doujin from the Nanoha series, I wonder where the community is at.

Gamer598
Cocytus discussion 19 Aug 16:15
joined Dec 31, 2015

Nah, you just don't understand. A robot? Fucking identical stories of Morita-sensei with identical scenario is a spring afternoon? And Kodama is absolute zero? Like hell she is! She is mysterious storm with lightnings and thunder or an aurora in the North, or rather she is a boring Wednesday evening after a lot of work. Anything but not absolute zero.

3rd chapter is like a story from the real life, without illusional sweet both-sided school love. Kodama reminds us that things usually don't go as smoothly as manga describes. And that chapter is like a slightly open door to the brain of straight woman who is curious about lesbians and who plays with girl's feelings just to satisfy her own selfishness. The situation that's so familiar to many of us and yet so hurtful.

This is real life, chickens. After all it's an often deal when one gives another all their heart and another loves them back much less than we'd want.

First of all, it's Morishima. Second, let's see: School girl, adult life, office lady, age gap, NSFW, love triangle, incest, slice of life, 4-koma versus... drama, drama, drama, bullying, cheating, het and... more drama. Yeah, Morishima is definitely the one with the same story over and over again. Especially Yuri Kuma Arashi, that's totally something she's done before.
Secondly, real life isn't as happy as most yuri manga, or fictional stories in general, but it's also less sad than this. Pardon my slipping into theism, but our world isn't written by a single author trying to go for a certain feeling and ending, unlike a manga where it's destined to end up happy or sad. There's nothing "realistic" about scripted drama, especially a story like this where all the characters are so one-dimensional and hollow, whereas characters in a Morishima work, even while generally optimistic, come in various shades and have changes in mood. Kodama's are completely static and flat. They never learn. That's only realistic for a relatively small percentage of people.
This isn't real life, it's a melodramatic angstfest. Kodama's even admitted she loves corny soap operas and that her works are often based on them. Would it be realistic if they turned out to secretly be related, too? I'm sick and tired of people saying that super depressing, unrelentingly negative stories are "deep" and "realistic". Get a grip. The world might not be as good as it's shown in a children's show, but it's not as bad as it's depicted in "adult" works. And I'd rather have us think it could be like the former than it has to be like the latter.
@oguzhan96
I'll give you those two, also. I did say that there were a few exceptions like Renai Manga, but that doesn't seem to be the direction she's going in these days. It'd be one thing to be making stories both depressing and uplifting at the same time, but currently, Kodama's just on this downwards slope into endlessly cynical and bitter stories. Like Utoptia said, I don't hate this artist, I just dislike the current direction she's going in.

Does it really matter what Kodama's work heads to? In the end it doesn't really matter if her works represents a realistic outlook on life or not; there are 7 billion people in the world who have different situations from each other and that we cannot perfectly put them into a category. Some people's lives are filled with happiness, others filled with sadness. An author's work is not classified as a season, but as a color. Different colors mixed into one to make a unique work that we ourselves take those colors and form an opinion on their work. No author is one season, but rather an aurora of mixtures, just how one's life is too. Minority or majority doesn't matter that much, it's how a human decides their own path that makes it interesting.

Gamer598
Image Comments 16 Aug 17:49
joined Dec 31, 2015
20468846_p0

^BURN HIM AT THE STAKES!

Gamer598
Image Comments 31 Jul 06:36
joined Dec 31, 2015
Hazukashii

^ How'd you make something so cute turn into something so dark?

joined Dec 31, 2015

Personally, while reading this I didn't have any thoughts about Strawberry Panic. It was more of me just feeling conflicted of whom to ship until I thought, "Why not all?" My final conclusion is: orgy. Also I think it would be natural for it to be cliche, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes cliche stuff makes me hooked and continue reading it despite me knowing what happens next.

joined Dec 31, 2015

Thank you very much for the correction! It was my first time editing (and actually my first time using photoshop in general so I probably made a lot of mistakes, pardon me if I did...

In that case you didn't do too badly, if this really was your first time using Photoshop.

Try to give text the correct perspective, if it exists in the actual scene (it's "diegetic"). You can skew a textlayer by holding ctrl and moving the handles at the sides of the textbox. If the text is supposed go on, and be aligned with a rectangular surface (e.g. a sign), then all you have to do is make the sides parallel with the sides of the sign and then move the text to it's final position.
If the surface has perspective distortion, however (opposite sides are parallel in the scene, but they're not parallel on paper due to perspective), then skewing is not enough. You can give text a perspective transformation by converting it to a shape and then using free transform. Move the corners of the shape to the position of the corners of the surface it's supposed to go on to establish the correct perspective. Then scale the shape by moving the handles of the side to give it the correct dimensions while preserving the correct perspective.
The downside of the method is that you basically have to start over if you make a single mistake; Photoshop doesn't really have good tools for this as far as I know. Illustrator may be a better choice but I've never tried that. In the case of this page it was a bit more difficult, too, because the letter had a fold in the middle.

Other than the perspective stuff, try to use a suitable font for different situations. For example, use a handwritten font for stuff that is supposed to be handwritten, etc. (I used "KG La Belle Aurore" here.)
Also, outlines make things look like they're not part of the scene (think sound effects). Did Serina really put an outline around her letters? Probably not.

If you liked the correction, feel free to update the file on Dynasty with my edit.

Ok, thank you. Looking back, I noticed certain areas of editing that I had missed or some work that didn't show. In any case, I was pretty confused back then when choosing the correct fonts only knowing the basics of wild words. I had originally owned photoshop for about 2-4 days when only exploring the program and having a small basic knowledge of common things which lead me to deciding to do my first edit. It was a disaster when searching multiple guides and tutorials but having my QCs make suggestions I learned a bit more on positioning text or so. When editing, I saw I had a habit of being stubbornly picky which lead me to make more mistakes and waste time which is something I wish to avoid. I very much appreciate your tips and hope I can improve with perspective later on!

joined Dec 31, 2015

Nice chapter, but this one page with the letter bothered me enough that I decided to fix it.

Thank you very much for the correction! It was my first time editing (and actually my first time using photoshop in general so I probably made a lot of mistakes, pardon me if I did...

Gamer598
Walk Wit Me discussion 14 Jul 02:44
joined Dec 31, 2015

I do feel sadness for Wendy's mother, but I am able to see some sense of justification for Wendy. I mean, she was a kid who had this precious family that meant the world for her that was filled with warmth until her dad had left off. Of course this was going to impact her, and even Wendy's mother had cheated on her father that Wendy probably really respected. Being this, Wendy must have been neglected all the time because of her mother being with other men rather her daughter and without her father, well it all just equals to problems. This stuff can pretty much take a huge toll on a child to develop all sorts of issues, especially knowing that her two parents were being split apart. She even had another child in her bearing that was created from her "betrayal." Wendy therefore just threw tantrums from her issues that were created. I can't find any real person to blame for any of this, since all people were the source of the problem.

Gamer598
joined Dec 31, 2015

This series was so great, phenomenal in fact. 8 chapters had me cry in the ending, even if I knew something drastic was going to happen. The 3 of them could have had just a threesome ez pz

Gamer598
Image Comments 28 Jun 22:27
joined Dec 31, 2015
34737237_p0

WHAT DOES THIS SHIP HAVE TO BE SO PERFECT AND CUTE

Gamer598
joined Dec 31, 2015

D'aaaaaaaw, my heart is being crushed

Gamer598
joined Dec 31, 2015

who on earth masturbates while having a fever insert jackie chan meme

hesitantly raises hand Um....I've done it.

I guess you can that is..."sick"...

Gamer598
Image Comments 16 Jun 23:00
joined Dec 31, 2015
Untitled-5

Cancer has been one of the worst obstacle to numerous people, and I've seen many creators crashed down because of this, my hopes goes out for you Ssamba!

Gamer598
Image Comments 11 Jun 00:42
joined Dec 31, 2015
57302519_p0

Awwwwwwwwwwww dawg, I'm going to get diabetes because of how cute this is. I'm going to go blush in the corner.

joined Dec 31, 2015

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING

Are you referring to the doujin or the thread discussion?

...Why not both?

Gamer598
refrain discussion 06 Jun 03:45
joined Dec 31, 2015

This is art, no this is a master piece. Oh my sweet yuri of nanoha and fate~ makes me want to blush and hide in a corner of how sweet this is :P

joined Dec 31, 2015

Big Clit would be a hell of a rapper name

BIG CLIT, FROM UNDER THE HOOD

BIG CLIT, COMING FOR YOUR BTICH

Gamer598
joined Dec 31, 2015

I am more of a boot person, but they could use this for the "got milk?" campaign.