Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Aug 22, 2019

Damn lesbians trying to fuck their way through relationship problems. It does work sometimes but only sometimes.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Dapper posted:

Oh damn I was right, Kan is gay

What are you talking about?

gomezio posted:

Kan is a pretty garbage character. Any attempt to give him a sympathetic backstory fell completely flat.

That's your subjective opinion, and you're entitled to it, even if I believe that you're wrong on both accounts.

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Seriously, they just need to talk to each other about their feeling. Their lack of communication kinda irritating me.

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh boy, seems that I am attracted to a drawn character with some big problems.
10/10 would smash End if I could.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Saeko annoys me more than Miwa right now. I can understand fear. But overdone bluster is a little annoying even if it's understandable in the end.

Also poor Kan. He's being a jerk though.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Seriously, they just need to talk to each other about their feeling. Their lack of communication kinda irritating me.

I agree, but their lack of communication is extremely relatable. I'm with someone who is quite similar to Miwa and we are constantly having issues bringing certain things up with one another. Her because she doesn't want me to be upset or angry with her and me because I don't want her to be too down on herself. It can be very difficult to talk sometimes and we've been together for 15 years.

Gaywatermelon
joined Feb 13, 2020

If this “Kumatani” hurts anybody I will throw hands

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 8:46PM

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

enter: the upperclassman who didnt reciprocate her feelings, and maybe never knew about them in the first place.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Probably one of the reasons they break up tho, so it’s not surprising xD

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I agree, but their lack of communication is extremely relatable. I'm with someone who is quite similar to Miwa and we are constantly having issues bringing certain things up with one another. Her because she doesn't want me to be upset or angry with her and me because I don't want her to be too down on herself. It can be very difficult to talk sometimes and we've been together for 15 years.

A lot of people, especially on the internet, idolize the idea of the perfect relationship. They think that if you just talk about your feelings and communicate everything with each other, then you'll never have any problems. If only it were that easy. Thankfully, humans are capable of loving others for/despite their flaws, and imo, that's far more wonderful than any "perfect" relationship could ever be.

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 9:07PM

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

had a stroke reading Lydia's end credit comment LMFAO

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Drop of coochie is NOT incel-speak I can tell you as an avid internet go-er and twitter stan it was a big twt meme for a while that came from the gay twt stan community where they'd be like "spare a hand in marriage, ma'am" or "spare a drop of coochie, ma'am" it's 100% a meme and one used by gays at that. Saw it everywhere a few months back used by stans and on 'gay' tiktok comments. Point is it sounds really weird but I can confirm it was a joke used by gay stans (girls ofc) towards female celebs they stanned

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 9:19PM

Riugen_is_gay
joined Jul 2, 2020

It's super annoying that they don't talk it out. For fucks sake everyone gets jealous!

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Drop of coochie is NOT incel-speak I can tell you as an avid internet go-er and twitter stan it was a big twt meme for a while that came from the gay twt stan community where they'd be like "spare a hand in marriage, ma'am" or "spare a drop of coochie, ma'am" it's 100% a meme and one used by gays at that. Saw it everywhere a few months back used by stans and on 'gay' tiktok comments. Point is it sounds really weird but I can confirm it was a joke used by gay stans (girls ofc) towards female celebs they stanned

Thank you for pointing this out! The translator and editor for this series are both lesbians, and I can assure you we're just about as far away from creepy inceldom as possible. It's a phrase that we use, our friends use, and is absolutely an appropriate translation of what Saeko said in the original Japanese.

I can understand if one might feel negatively towards the phrase based on encountering it in certain contexts and not others, and that's totally valid, but please look more into it before passing judgment!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

It's still July 2nd for me, but apparently, chapter 18 was posted on the 3rd. I only knew there was an 18 by clicking on the title and scrolling down. It didn't take me there from 17. I guess it just got posted.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Uh oh.... Looks like there's going to be trouble in paradise. A childhood friend crush, perhaps? Saeko's really going to have a hard time from this one.

Also, with how the story is progressing, it'll be odd if it ends like the one-shot, at this point. For a few reasons.

last edited at Jul 2, 2020 10:28PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The more this goes on, the more confident I am that the situation in the one-shot is going to happen, but it isn't the end of their relationship. These two have "break up and get back together" written aaaaaalll over them.

joined Jun 12, 2019

The more this goes on, the more confident I am that the situation in the one-shot is going to happen, but it isn't the end of their relationship. These two have "break up and get back together" written aaaaaalll over them.

Yeah I kinda feel like that will happen. Or they might stay broken up but end on good terms I guess

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah I kinda feel like that will happen. Or they might stay broken up but end on good terms I guess

Well, we know (in the one-shot continuity) that they stay on good terms after the breakup. We also know they still have sex periodically after their breakup.

joined May 24, 2015

I feel like I'm watching a ball bouncing on a mirror, endlessly. A couple constantly getting into fights over stupid things, making up, then back to getting into fights. It's like this couple attracts drama or something... I'm sure the new girl introduced as the ex will stir up something , they'll fight over it, then make up. Jesus, can't a fictional couple be happy for once?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Thank you for pointing this out! The translator and editor for this series are both lesbians, and I can assure you we're just about as far away from creepy inceldom as possible. It's a phrase that we use, our friends use, and is absolutely an appropriate translation of what Saeko said in the original Japanese.

Are you part of the team working in this scanlation?
Thanks to all of you for your efforts! We can tell, with every new chapter that you release, how much thought and attention and love you put in your translation work. I remember discussing before, in a debate about the manga Suito-to, that there are 2 ways to translate a manga: translate almost word by word, leaving terms such as sempai or onee-sama untouched, aiming to keep as much as possible the "feel" of the Japanese original... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say to make them speak the way native Westerners of their age and condition would, were they talking about those matters in that context and situation. You could say it's a choice between prioritizing the letter or the spirit of the text. Fan translators usually go for the first one, and professional translators for the second one ― which is also the more difficult one. There aren't many translation works for fans by fans that tackle the challenge of giving the characters the voices of real people who would speak English as their native language. Yours is a rare example... and, what's more, one that succeeds fabulously!!! Kudos to you all! (* ̄▽ ̄)d

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Just keep trucking along. I'm loving this.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Aaaah, of course, when you can't think of a new plot

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

People are saying that they don't care about Kan's backstory, but I don't think the author was necessarily trying to make us sympathize with him.

This. I personally don't understand why people think backstories are always told for sympathy, for me, it's more about understanding and it helped me to understand him better. He's an arsehole for sure but at least I can see where it's come from now, doesn't make it right or whatever, but understandable somewhat and human.

I completely agree. Somebody recalled before the character Tonoike Tazune from Run Away With Me, Girl who also had a sob story in his past that explained his shitty present behavior (tw: girls had always bullied him in school, so now that he had grown up and become a handsome seducer he bullied the shit outta women) and how that wasn't supposed to excuse his bad deeds. Important rule: explaining isn't excusing. Backstories are there to add depth to the characters, nothing more.

Just keep trucking along. I'm loving this.

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

Are you part of the team working in this scanlation?
Thanks to all of you for your efforts! We can tell, with every new chapter that you release, how much thought and attention and love you put in your translation work. I remember discussing before, in a debate about the manga Suito-to, that there are 2 ways to translate a manga: translate almost word by word, leaving terms such as sempai or onee-sama untouched, aiming to keep as much as possible the "feel" of the Japanese original... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say to make them speak the way native Westerners of their age and condition would, were they talking about those matters in that context and situation. You could say it's a choice between prioritizing the letter or the spirit of the text. Fan translators usually go for the first one, and professional translators for the second one ― which is also the more difficult one. There aren't many translation works for fans by fans that tackle the challenge of giving the characters the voices of real people who would speak English as their native language. Yours is a rare example... and, what's more, one that succeeds fabulously!!! Kudos to you all! (* ̄▽ ̄)d

Thank you so much!! This was so very kind of you to say. I'm the aforementioned editor!

We work really hard to give each character a unique and realistic voice, as well as to communicate the sentiment and intent of the original work above all. I'm really glad you appreciate our work! Thank you for reading :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.