Forum › Posts by embrasseren

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

This series is already end guys. Check mangaowl.net

pwease don't recommend sites that steal translations and put ads over them :)

in any case, that's not even close to the end. also that translation is very much worse

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

Huh, was there a page or two missing between the moment Miwa breaks down and then playing in the water?

Nope! Saeko is just quick with the distractions.

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

Aaahhhh, good, the TL's not dead. I hope we don't have to wait more than a month for the next chapter, but I have no idea what's going on with Detectives at this point. Any particular reason why their releases have been so sparse since October?

My apologies! Things have been really hectic for several people on the team -- 2020 is being kind to no one. Things have settled down and it should be smooth sailing from here on, though!

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

Why did the tl team had to make Tsuruta less creepy? Isn’t that part of his character? It just seems that they decided to make him likeable so I don’t understand :(

Please don't misunderstand -- it wasn't that he was super creepy in the original Japanese and we made him not creepy. It was just challenging to translate what he was saying in a way that didn't sound a little creepy in english. We've done our best to keep the tone intact.

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

havent seen the raws, but the title page typsetting looks amazing. a+++ renessia

Aww, thank ya for noticing! I'm putting a lot of work into this one :)

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

Thank you for pointing this out! The translator and editor for this series are both lesbians, and I can assure you we're just about as far away from creepy inceldom as possible. It's a phrase that we use, our friends use, and is absolutely an appropriate translation of what Saeko said in the original Japanese.

Are you part of the team working in this scanlation?
Thanks to all of you for your efforts! We can tell, with every new chapter that you release, how much thought and attention and love you put in your translation work. I remember discussing before, in a debate about the manga Suito-to, that there are 2 ways to translate a manga: translate almost word by word, leaving terms such as sempai or onee-sama untouched, aiming to keep as much as possible the "feel" of the Japanese original... or else rewrite and reformulate everything the characters say to make them speak the way native Westerners of their age and condition would, were they talking about those matters in that context and situation. You could say it's a choice between prioritizing the letter or the spirit of the text. Fan translators usually go for the first one, and professional translators for the second one ― which is also the more difficult one. There aren't many translation works for fans by fans that tackle the challenge of giving the characters the voices of real people who would speak English as their native language. Yours is a rare example... and, what's more, one that succeeds fabulously!!! Kudos to you all! (* ̄▽ ̄)d

Thank you so much!! This was so very kind of you to say. I'm the aforementioned editor!

We work really hard to give each character a unique and realistic voice, as well as to communicate the sentiment and intent of the original work above all. I'm really glad you appreciate our work! Thank you for reading :)

Renface2
joined Sep 18, 2019

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Drop of coochie is NOT incel-speak I can tell you as an avid internet go-er and twitter stan it was a big twt meme for a while that came from the gay twt stan community where they'd be like "spare a hand in marriage, ma'am" or "spare a drop of coochie, ma'am" it's 100% a meme and one used by gays at that. Saw it everywhere a few months back used by stans and on 'gay' tiktok comments. Point is it sounds really weird but I can confirm it was a joke used by gay stans (girls ofc) towards female celebs they stanned

Thank you for pointing this out! The translator and editor for this series are both lesbians, and I can assure you we're just about as far away from creepy inceldom as possible. It's a phrase that we use, our friends use, and is absolutely an appropriate translation of what Saeko said in the original Japanese.

I can understand if one might feel negatively towards the phrase based on encountering it in certain contexts and not others, and that's totally valid, but please look more into it before passing judgment!