Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Jun 1, 2016

That dude is getting annoying. I get it, she hasn't directly told him no its not gonna happen, but the signs are there and he can't take a hint.

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 2:33AM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Are we just going to skip over the cliffhanger from chapter 13?! Why?!

As far as chapter 14 goes, I was hoping this Usshi person would be ace. I guess she still could be but the jealousy with the band dude made it seem like she wasn't going to wind up ace after all. The heart to heart with Miwa was definitely cute but...

Idk, I don't understand why this chapter is where it is or why it is? Since when do we care about this character enough for her to have her own chapter, especially after that cliffhanger? Gah

joined Jun 1, 2016

it looks like she connected a bit with Miwa. I wonder if this is gonna follow the drama trope of developing feeling for her.

joined Jun 21, 2020

I still don't know what happened. We left off on a cliff-hanger last chapter, and then this chapter it doesn't take place at the same time and it's about a new character we were only somewhat invested in? I feel like I'm missing something,

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

That dickhead dude could relax a bit imho

I believe I genuinely hate him. just overflows with the douche kind of personality

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I still don't know what happened. We left off on a cliff-hanger last chapter, and then this chapter it doesn't take place at the same time and it's about a new character we were only somewhat invested in? I feel like I'm missing something,

It seems to take place JUST after whatever confrontation occured. Usshii asks if Miwa is okay, and notes she's drenched in sweat, and Miwa says it was a "difficult practice" which just seems a little bit deflecting.

I assume the events will be made clear later, that it is going to come up again for certain. Also that dude is definitely an asshole - not just for bitching at Miwa for being "annoying", which to me is just a way of saying "I just don't like you for no particular reason", but also first names inappropriately? That's pretty rude in Japan. Especially without any honorific, which seems like what he was doing (I don't have the raw to check). That's SUPER rude. Like using first name-chan can be taken as being rude depending, but no honorific probably rates higher on rudeness when used inappropriately.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

As far as chapter 14 goes, I was hoping this Usshi person would be ace. I guess she still could be but the jealousy with the band dude made it seem like she wasn't going to wind up ace after all. The heart to heart with Miwa was definitely cute but...

It seemed like jealousy in the moment. But during her discussion with Miwa, Usshi's explanation leaned much more toward her being strongly repulsed by the idea of having to take part in a heteronormative relationship.

Not conclusive evidence that she's ace, but it leaves that door very much open (along with many other doors).

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 7:14AM

joined Jun 21, 2020

Holy- bro i really really love this manga series, i love the art, every page has so much details just from the clothing not to mention the background and the characters' facial reaction they seem so real, and also gotta appreciate those simplistic artstyle so cute, lol im not an art critique or anything I jus wanted to share how i feel with your work. Aside from the art, the plot of the manga is cute af and it makes me feel happy for the characters and also makes me feel sad knowing i probably wont find someone to love like in what i just read :((
Anyways, you guys have my full support please keep going! I live for this type of love ajkissvs.

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 11:53AM

joined Sep 22, 2015

Isn't ch14 almost random?! But I guess it shows Miwa's self-acceptance.. But interestingly Usshi is the most relatable for me. I love her notes trying to analyze why people needed to be in a relationship. Ugh, so real. I do that in my head! This chapter may get dislikes but I like it!

joined Jun 12, 2019

I kinda liked this chapter although we didn’t really get to see what miwa said but this chapter was relatable and real

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I've definitely thought the same way as Usshii, so I appreciated this chapter from her perspective. The dialog in this is nice, doesn't read like your typical manga.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Also that dude is definitely an asshole - not just for bitching at Miwa for being "annoying", which to me is just a way of saying "I just don't like you for no particular reason", but also first names inappropriately? That's pretty rude in Japan. Especially without any honorific, which seems like what he was doing (I don't have the raw to check). That's SUPER rude. Like using first name-chan can be taken as being rude depending, but no honorific probably rates higher on rudeness when used inappropriately.

Like I said before: CHUUNIBYOU. Saying things like "I don't use nicknames" -- thinking it makes you look like a cool rebel -- is pretty much textbook.

Guy's so chuuni, one of these days he's gonna change his name to Grimdark the Mage Ninja.

Holy- bro i really really love this manga series, i love the art, every page has so much details just from the clothing not to mention the background and the characters' facial reaction they seem so real, and also gotta appreciate those simplistic artstyle so cute, lol im not an art critique or anything I jus wanted to share how i feel with your work. Aside from the art, the plot of the manga is cute af and it makes me feel happy for the characters and also makes me feel sad knowing i probably wont find someone to love like in what i just read :((

Ikr? This author has a very personal art style, completely different from the "mainstream manga" type of art that you find just about everywhere. And the story, the characters and the narrative have a different feel too... in many ways, the whole work reminds me more of a college romance movie than a standard fare romcom manga.

By the way, I'm not sure if I got you right on this, but -- if you think the love story of Saeko and Miwa is doomed, let me assure you that it is not so! This is an original work, and even though the initial premise is similar to that of another manga by this author, whatever happens to the MCs in this story will not be conditioned by previous stories.

joined Jan 22, 2015

It seemed like jealousy in the moment. But during her discussion with Miwa, Usshi's explanation leaned much more toward her being strongly repulsed by the idea of having to take part in a heteronormative relationship.

Not conclusive evidence that she's ace, but it leaves that door very much open (along with many other doors).

Personally, I can very much identify with Usshi. Like her, I have no desire to be in a relationship. I don't really get lonely and can't stand the idea of binding myself to another person.
That being said, a lack of desire for a relationship or sexual contact does not mean a lack of sexual or emotional desire. I do desire woman sexually and have on several occasions caught myself responding to the presence of woman and men around me.
It's like an instinctive, almost animalistic, territorial response to attractive woman and similarly aged men interacting while in proximity to me. A "back off she's mine" kinda feeling.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well well

joined Jun 7, 2019

tsuruta is such a good guy,i hope he finds a girlfriend ;)

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i really enjoy this one. the bumps in this relationship seem so much more real. and you can feel the effort they are putting into their relationship

joined Apr 22, 2018

I can see a bad ending from here

joined Aug 22, 2019

I'm foreseeing them getting closer as Miwa becomes a little more independent. Maybe it makes Saeko a little more needy though?

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 1:34AM

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

It's funny how they both sort of have the same core problem: trying to hide their insecurities and never resolve them (and I see myself in both of them, fuck). Saeko is just better at hiding them usually, even from herself. As long as they just treat each other's flaws as "cute," it won't be possible for them to make a deep, honest connection. It sorta feels like the author is deconstructing the common yuri (or really, romance manga in general) relationship dynamics of 'shy, needy bottom x bold, possessive top,' pointing out how unhealthy that can be, regardless of how nice it feels in the moment. Usshi was onto something when she guessed that people want relationships because they like to feel needed. Regardless of where the relationship ends up, I think the characters are going to grow a lot from it. Happy for Miwa taking her first steps this chapter.

And we're at over three months already. Was that mentioned before? Guess it's time to prepare for the downward spiral.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I kinda can't like Saeko

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Saeko is falling harder and harder...

I think I can see a split in her behavior between clingy and her usual self.
She is changing.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Saeko is feeling insecure it seems, and that is a first for her too.
I can see they breaking up in the future because of their insecurities or working it out together, maybe we will even see a break up but patch up too during the length of the manga, because contrary to the oneshot I think in this version they actually have feelings for one another.

I may be wrong but doesn't Kan have the gay as well?

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

So is "We're Not Dating, But We Did It Anyway" a non-canon sequel?

joined Dec 5, 2019

So is "We're Not Dating, But We Did It Anyway" a non-canon sequel?

it's a sequel to the one-shot, not to the series

joined Jun 29, 2020

Saeko reminds me of myself when I had my first relationship with a girl. Man, I still cringe at myself for being an insecure idiot xd

To reply you must either login or sign up.