Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, another yuri series I can cross off my ongoing list and while I did like it the problem with the story was just that the chapters were just too damn short! There was never enough content for the chapter and it just either cut off mid scene or ended on annoying cliffhanger. Doing that a few times is forgivable but every single time? That just takes away from the quality.
I like the art and I remember the humor being pretty decent so hopefully this author can make something better.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

This series was weird. It's not bad that I would say I regretted reading it, but it's not really good enough to say that I enjoyed it.

Guess the best that I could say is that the premise is really interesting and really could've been something special, but alas. Yuri works are doomed to never go full high concept scifi I guess

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly, while it seems just a bit rushed, the ending still feels very much perfect. Any additions, like Marika's time settling things in the other world or the contents of the other Marika's letter to the little sister would only drag things out unnecessarily while adding nothing of real substance, it's just nice to see these matters solved and our main couple finally reach their happy ending. ^_^

Did not expect the blatant uncensored sex scene on the final page, though.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 7:47AM

joined Jun 20, 2019

the boyfriend theme doesn't make sense! When Marika was taken to the world where there are men, she was 8 years old. How could Marika from that world have a boyfriend at that age and that there were misunderstandings?

joined May 29, 2019

"I don't really get it but she apparently does martial arts" lmao at that and it being an airsoft gun the whole time. minus points for not showing the confrontation between the two world hoppers though, that's what I wanted to see

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

the boyfriend theme doesn't make sense! When Marika was taken to the world where there are men, she was 8 years old. How could Marika from that world have a boyfriend at that age and that there were misunderstandings?

It's not that she had a boyfriend at that age (although it would not be that unusual), but that her boyfriend from that world remembered meeting her when they were younger, similarly to how Marika remembered meeting Lily.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Clearly the boy was crushing on OtherMarika before the swap, and it was only after dating her that he found she was different from the Marika he knew back then.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I don't really get it but she apparently does martial arts" lmao at that and it being an airsoft gun the whole time.

I think the martial arts thing was okay. But the airsoft gun doesn't make sense. How was she planning on killing Marika without a real gun?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"I don't really get it but she apparently does martial arts" lmao at that and it being an airsoft gun the whole time.

I think the martial arts thing was okay. But the airsoft gun doesn't make sense. How was she planning on killing Marika without a real gun?

Choking hazard.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

That is some damn form-fitting skirt. Also, LEGS FOR DAYS!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, that was incredibly underwhelming. Clearly the author wrote themselves in a corner and had to wing it to end it. ah well, at least the art is good.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Whatever you might think of the execution of the story, qualifying for the ultra-rare tag combo of Het (the unseen boyfriend) and 404:Men Not Found is certainly noteworthy.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 3:04PM

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Wait, did it finish?

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

So we're just skipping over all that? Okay

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Until the epilogue sequence, I was sure we were getting one or two more chapters lol. I didn't hate it, but I agree that this ending was quite rushed. Not terribly, we've all seen so much more I think, but yeah, another one or two chapters would have been better imo

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yuri works are doomed to never go full high concept scifi I guess

High concept scifi can go yuri, though. To the Stars! Shin Sekai Yori! Some Macross Frontier fanfic about having lesbian sex with the Vajra hivemind!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

One can't forgot Qualia the Purple

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Shin Sekai Yori

I wouldn’t call it yuri. In fact, I’d call it anti-yuri and blatantly homophobic.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 8:47PM

Toasterinbath
5520d372-e82d-42a1-83ad-88a0831c44cd
joined Jul 25, 2019

Wow so wait, it’s over just like that? That was so abrupt

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

One can't forgot Qualia the Purple

That's a neat one. I can think of a few pretty serious scifi yuri stories.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō is an award winning science fiction manga featuring enough yuri that it can't simply be called subtext.

Otherside Picnic is a yuri story that sort of straddles the intersection between eldritch horror and scifi/fantasy.

Flip Flappers is pretty awesome although it's more surreal and psychological than hard science fiction.

Sadly, I have a couple of others that come to mind from long ago but I can't remember the titles.

last edited at Jun 11, 2020 7:11AM

joined Aug 22, 2019

I wish I could forget Qualia the Purple. That is the only manga that has ever truly fucked with my head.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I wish I could forget Qualia the Purple. That is the only manga that has ever truly fucked with my head.

Quantum mechanics: fucking with people's heads since circa 1900.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 4:36PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This, Still Sick, and Haru and Midori... All of them had so much potential to keep going. Sigh... Also the series hasn't gotten marked as completed yet?

icecreammadness
08f2567611a37fd74d79c22ced71ec18
joined Apr 1, 2016

Anticlimactic.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

This was all good until Marika went world hopping, but it didn't exactly stick the landing with its final pages. It really needed one more full chapter to tie everything into a neat bow.

To reply you must either login or sign up.