Forum › A Workplace Where You Can't Help But Smile discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the Sensei's personality infuriating. I made it to the start of ch.2 and had to stop.

Which is a shame cause I like this mangaka's work. But that personality is just a no. It dominates the entire narrative and makes the whole thing unenjoyable.

joined Sep 11, 2014

If this main character was a way an actual person acted in real life, I would think they shouldn't go out looking for love until they improve their self confidence and learn how to socialize like a normal human being. She's acting like those fedora tipping dudes in all the memes. The editor deserves way better than her as things are right now.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Editor-san is such a sexy beauty

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I don't know about the rest of you but I find the Sensei's personality infuriating. I made it to the start of ch.2 and had to stop.

Which is a shame cause I like this mangaka's work. But that personality is just a no. It dominates the entire narrative and makes the whole thing unenjoyable.

Same here, had to take a break though I suppose I will read the rest later.

Funny enough I would not have really recognized this as Kuzushiro's work, not from the first chapter at least.

herobunnymon
Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

I thought Sensei’s personality was part of the comedic routine.
It feels like Inugami- San in the regular manga format (idk not in 4-koma format)

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

This kind of comedy is a no-no for me. I don't know if I can keep reading this, but I'll keep for a few more chapters, maybe it'll change for the better? Sensei's a pain. I feel bad for her assistant.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It might be the translation and not the story. "The foremost thing you might actually be hated by her about might just be"... Is the translator a native English speaker?

last edited at May 17, 2020 3:19PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

It might be the translation and not the story. "The foremost thing you might actually be hated by her about might just be"... Is the translator a native English speaker?

It was translated by the same person working on Living With My Brother's Wife.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The what of her heart is abominable? I can't read that for the life of me.

Dayer Uploader
Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Talk about a glow-up. I look at the author's name, cause Kuzushiro looked familiar. Lo and behold, it's the same author who made Inugami and Nekoyama. The artstyle, in my opinion, has been improved significantly.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked it. I mean.. YES the character has issues. That's the point.

Mind you, I wouldn't wanna hang with them in real life....

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The characters in this are a bit over the top, but OOF if I didn't feel Ch1Pg8 and Ch3Pg2.

Futami's focus on sexual scenarios is a bit ... odd, and the way she hid behind her editor in the third chapter isn't very realistic, but I could see a lot of the rest happening as someone's internal dialog pretty easily. Blowing up little lapses into signs that you're terrible or agonizing over your behavior, to the point where you actively make things worse for your self, are both fairly common experiences, especially for people with certain conditions, like ADD.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Well, I enjoyed it. Though I may relate to a couple of the characters.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Boy this was a cringefest. The routine got old super fast even just half way through first chapter. If you have a joke, telling it once is good. Twice is a bit repetitive. Three times is just an absolute travesty. And all this shit was done in the span of ONE chapter. This is a workplace where I want to smack the ever living shit out of the author with a paper fan. What's with this weird self-awareness and fixation on sex? Yeah, I personally get anxiety with phone calls and emails too. I get that pain, I really do. But everything about this character just pushes all the wrong buttons for me.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The what of her heart is abominable? I can't read that for the life of me.

Chapter 1 page 20 panel 5:

AAAAAHHH, THE FILTHINESS OF MY HEART IS ABOMINABLEEEEE

last edited at May 18, 2020 10:55AM

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Where is the Yuri?

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Just go ahead and do your work. <3

joined May 9, 2018

I totally didn’t expect this is the author of Kimi no Tame nara Shineru (°ロ°) I love the art style’s evolution ♡

I am seriously enjoying every chapter tho, unlike most of everyone σ(^_^;)
Made me think that no one else ugly laughed/cackled so bad, that I might be depressed, haha

Mudou%20ayana
joined Oct 29, 2013

Well, I bumped with this right after re-reading Secret Flowers and got the genuine question: is it supposed to be funny?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Anxiety: the Mangaka

joined Jan 8, 2016

Yeah, I'd take the assistant with the editor, because the lead is...a lot.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Yea it’s weird, I’m starting to find the title mildly ironic. The freakout fest is kinda stressful. Where’s my smile?

Edit: just noticed my avatar is mildly ironic with my post.

last edited at May 19, 2020 1:51PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The character of the mangaka with social anxiety and delusions is a cliche by now.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What is that manga from the credit page anyway? I’m always looking for more yandere yuri (if it even is anyway), and I don’t recognize that one.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What is that manga from the credit page anyway? I’m always looking for more yandere yuri (if it even is anyway), and I don’t recognize that one.

I don't think you'll find any yandere there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.