Forum › Tsurezure Biyori discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

GeneralJ posted:

GeneralJ posted:

Why Teppu had to end :(

Author's health. That's probably the worst cause possible. Not when something got axed/cancelled because of publisher or editorial meddling, but because author is just not capable of continuing.

I didn't Know :(. I hope that they are at least better now.

I actually don't know if it was author's health (at least I never read about it anywhere, or if I did, I don't remember anymore), but series was on hiatus for around 2 years and after getting back it had clearly rushed ending quite fast, so I just assumed it was the most likely reason why.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What a nice extra

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is the cutest thing :'( it deserved waaaaaaaaaaaaay more

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I thought it ended?! Cute extra! Perhaps motivation to re-read?.... I have flash backs of devastation from the days I heard it wasn't continuing.....

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I have flash backs of devastation from the days I heard it wasn't continuing.....

Same

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Seeing that made me want to read the last few chapters
It's a bummer that it ended that way but man chapter 15 and 17 were incredible
Talk about ending it on a high note

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Cute, as always.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seeing that made me want to read the last few chapters
It's a bummer that it ended that way but man chapter 15 and 17 were incredible
Talk about ending it on a high note

I also thought Chapter 13, with little Nana-chan and Minori, was powerhouse, emotionally nuanced storytelling for such a low-key iyashikei series.

Really good stuff.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I practice heresy so I never read this, but if it's half as cute as the Twitter Extra, I guess I need to fix that.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont get the last exchange- what does the taisho democracy have to do with the lighthouse proverb?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I practice heresy so I never read this, but if it's half as cute as the Twitter Extra, I guess I need to fix that.

I am highly biased but I definitely recommend it.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Sigh...I miss this little married couple.

joined Apr 5, 2020

I dont get the last exchange- what does the taisho democracy have to do with the lighthouse proverb?

Probably the time period where the proverb originated from.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah yes, the Taisho Democracy. Or, as I like to call it "Japan's equivalent to the Weimar Republic".

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I think it's a wordplay of some kind. What does the original say?

joined Oct 22, 2018

I recommend reading it. It's quite the nice story, and, although not completely sure, I see it as another good candidate for recieving the wholesome tag.

joined May 15, 2019

I think it's a wordplay of some kind. What does the original say?

I don't have the raw but the proverb is「灯台下暗し」literally "dark under the candlestick"

Definitely an older phrase than the Taisho period, I'm guessing it's a cliche teachers use to explain the period to students

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

next i can't forgive author for stopped the serie

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

robblu posted:

robblu posted:

Nanaya and minori aren’t lovers it’s said in the final volume.

Of course not, they're already married

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just got the last translated volume today, and I certainly hope everybody gets to see the extra final chapter, “The Difference Between Us,” i.e., the difference between Nanaya & Minori and Fuyu & Haru. The latter announce “It’s less ‘like’ and more ‘love.’” Suffice to say, everybody’s cool with that.

But there’s no doubt that we’re talking full-metal, ironclad, authentic, accept-no-substitutes yuri.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Fun, cute, amazing art, likable characters with nice chemistry. The last chapter didn't really feel like an ending, though some people have commented about an extra in the volume, so I guess that's something. I'm actually glad that the other two are left as friends and roommates, I liked their relationship the way it was.

Okay, but what I really wanted to talk about is chapter 15:
Probably my favourite chapter in the series and without a doubt the most believable dream sequence I've seen in any kind of media. It was just so great!

I've often come across dream scenes and they almost always feel artificial: as in, the flow of the events in the dream is too logical, making it obvious that it wasn't created subconsciously. Here, the author managed to create an atmosphere that clearly conveyed Koharu's inner feelings, while also maintaining this sort of nonsensical flow of events. Also, the feeling of being abandoned and endlessly searching for someone was one I often had in dreams as a child, so this feels very genuine to me.

Moreover, I loved how the first couple of pages seemed like a memory, but then it turned out to be a dream. Again, I've seen dreams based on memories many times in other works, but the way the memories here blended with other thoughts later on was pretty cool.

And if that wasn't enough, the cuteness of Koharu's reaction after she wakes up is undeniable!

Just... What a great chapter...!
...But I should probably finish this essay now XD

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

I've often come across dream scenes and they almost always feel artificial: as in, the flow of the events in the dream is too logical, making it obvious that it wasn't created subconsciously. Here, the author managed to create an atmosphere that clearly conveyed Koharu's inner feelings, while also maintaining this sort of nonsensical flow of events. Also, the feeling of being abandoned and endlessly searching for someone was one I often had in dreams as a child, so this feels very genuine to me.

Moreover, I loved how the first couple of pages seemed like a memory, but then it turned out to be a dream. Again, I've seen dreams based on memories many times in other works, but the way the memories here blended with other thoughts later on was pretty cool.

And if that wasn't enough, the cuteness of Koharu's reaction after she wakes up is undeniable!

Agreed. Highly well-executed dream sequence--a rare sight.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ The fact that there was a new post in this forum spurred me to re-read the fabulous Chapter 17--still some of the most well-executed (and cutest) visual storytelling I've ever seen. (Chapters 13--little Nana & Minori--and 15--the incredible dream sequence prelude to Chapter 17--are in their own ways just as good.)

I really hope the last-volume extra somehow finds its way here, just to underline the theme that Haru and Fuyu are just as gay as gay can be.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

New twitter extra! (I hope someone can translate!)

https://twitter.com/hamuro_kei/status/1432001130314145794?s=19

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

^^ those are super cute!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.