Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

maaan this LN is singly my most fav yuri thing out of everything right now. i look forward for your guys' released every time and always get excited when i see a new one up. the translations you guys do is incredibly well done, i can't even imagine how much harder it is to do a LN compared to a manga. so much more complex sentences. and i think it's neat that you guys are on and use this site too XD thanks so much for your efforts!! i knew they were going to start dating soon, so glad it's finally begun!

Same. Thanks, Sneik and QC crew!

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Thanks, Sneik and QC crew! +1

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I just finished everything and I'm still kinda way too happy, almost speechless. God finally!!! I need to process this more. Anyways, thank you so much Sneik for this wonderful treat.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I particularly enjoyed how Adachi's first confession, in the bath, just triggered an immediate "...OHHHHhhhhhhh, now I get it!" from Shimamura. Like, there's not really much of a "Does she mean as a friend, or...." period, she just goes straight to "Ah, yup. That makes sense. Kind of obvious, now that I think about it..."

joined Oct 27, 2018

Everyone else is focused on the relationship stuff, while I'm just thinking about how Adachi might be a bit of a sociopath, seriously, like I didn't expect her to casually be like, "I could kill someone if I wanted to, easy"

last edited at May 15, 2020 2:59AM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Everyone else is focused on the relationship stuff, while I'm just thinking about how Adachi might be a bit of a sociopath, seriously, like I didn't expect her to casually be like, "I could kill someone if I wanted to, easy"

Well, we're kinda used to her strange behaviour since volume 5.

last edited at May 15, 2020 3:16AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, we're kinda used to her strange behaviour since volume 5.

I mean, the term "Adachi-like" pretty much has come to mean that she's a weirdo with weird thought patterns and that's what makes her so uniquely endearing to Shimamura (and us).

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

There will be an action thriller sequel with Adachi and Shimamura running from the law and rival gangs after Adachi finally lives up to her delinquent fame and beats Tarumi up in a fit of needless jealousy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm pretty sure her thoughts following that realization make it clear that she's definitely not a sociopath.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I mean, all you need is a good enough reason. For most people there is just little that is reason enough. But anyone could, that's not exactly a hot take.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

You did it, Adachi! You did it.

poggers

Can we get an F in chat for Tarumi?

F Tarumi.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I was a little surprised at how hard Shimamura shut that door, lol. You want proof Shimamura loves Adachi, you can look at how strong a stance she was willing to take when she was afraid of Adachi being hurt.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

One of the things I liked is that the admittedly typical dork-Adachi move with her "confessing" while dizzy and then passing out and not remembering--a kind of typical romance trope--**actually served a purpose beyond entertainment**. It basically brute-forced a VERY stubborn Shimamura into opening a VERY closed mental door and caused her to think about all those things that she had tried so very hard for so very long to NOT think about. And it opened up the way for the kind of character development she really needed. Obviously Gon was the one who took her by the paw and lead her down the path initially but now she's willingly walking that path herself. So good for her. AND good for Adachi--since poor Adachi's character growth has been more solitary and mortifying and she still keeps getting back up and moving forward despite it.

joined Jan 25, 2017

One of the things I liked is that the admittedly typical dork-Adachi move with her "confessing" while dizzy and then passing out and not remembering--a kind of typical romance trope--**actually served a purpose beyond entertainment**. It basically brute-forced a VERY stubborn Shimamura into opening a VERY closed mental door and caused her to think about all those things that she had tried so very hard for so very long to NOT think about. And it opened up the way for the kind of character development she really needed. Obviously Gon was the one who took her by the paw and lead her down the path initially but now she's willingly walking that path herself. So good for her. AND good for Adachi--since poor Adachi's character growth has been more solitary and mortifying and she still keeps getting back up and moving forward despite it.

I know I said before, but Shimamura's inner monologue after that was a true delight, some of the best stuff I've read in this series IMO. Just the meandering path she follows from surprise to trepidation to being vaguely giddy is really believable and satisfying for her.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Finally, my wish for more Shimamura POV was appeased. I enjoyed this chapter tremendously.

Adachi's internal monologue did nearly creep me out at time. If I knew someone felt that possessive about me, I'd want to "run for the hills", as they say. No thanks. But Shimamura is not me. hah

There were so many precious moments. All of the interaction with minor characters fit in well with the overarching narrative and never took up too much space in the story.

To top it off, we got the blunt, Shimamura anticlimactic closing.

"Sure, why not."

Perfection.

Thank you, @sneikkimmies and everyone for sharing this.

last edited at May 15, 2020 9:33PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Not gonna lie, I was ready to groan when it looked like Adachi's confession in the bathtub went unheard, but then it thankfully turned out it didn't. And then to top it off, the second confession happens during fireworks, which in shitty romcoms is almost always a recipe for the confession to get drowned out by the sound of them. I wonder if the author did it on purpose.

joined Oct 9, 2019

I cant believe all this just happened. I felt so many emotions reading this. Thanks for this translating this.

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Did anyone get these references about Hino's and Nagafuji's given names?

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Not gonna lie, I was ready to groan when it looked like Adachi's confession in the bathtub went unheard, but then it thankfully turned out it didn't. And then to top it off, the second confession happens during fireworks, which in shitty romcoms is almost always a recipe for the confession to get drowned out by the sound of them. I wonder if the author did it on purpose.

I always dread knowing there's a festival coming in a romance series since 90% of the time you already know stupid shit is gonna happen, mostly failed confessions with the occasional meeting someone there that gets in the way, getting lost, etc. Again just stupid shit lol.

Speaking of Hana no Arashi is a series that has a very good firework moment actually, a great Yuri as well would recommend 5/7.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

They're from the game Live a Live. The other characters whose names are from that game are Sancho Pancho and Delos.

last edited at May 16, 2020 12:32PM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

They're from the game Live a Live. The other characters whose names are from that game are Sancho Pancho and Delos.

Oh shoot, you're right. Don't know how I didn't notice that, ahahah. Great game.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yes. Now I feel bad for Tarumi but, I can't help loving these two together.

last edited at May 17, 2020 2:04PM

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

"Here I was, being confessed to by someone from my own class while they spat blood at me."
That might be the best line out of this whole Light Novel so far (and there were five volumes prior to this one lol), because it just weirdly captures the essence of this LN, with Shimamura being analytical and kind of cheeky, with Adachi being, well, Adachi, doing weird things earnestly but weirdly lol, and the strange combination of serious storytelling and perfect comedic timing. Truly the climax of everything so far lol.
OK, "I'd thought it would make Adachi happy." also is a strong contender, ngl.

Oh boy, they really did it, they really both accomplished what they should have accomplished three volumes ago (Adachi confessing her love and Shimamura realizing said love for her) and I'm not even mad that it took so long, because the build-up and the payoff are just so freaking satisfying. I absolutely enjoyed every page of the two chapters as much as I enjoyed all the other chapters so far, I think it's really safe to say that this LN is the best piece of media focusing on romance I have ever read (and I've read many Yuri Manga and other Romance Manga lol). And it's still not even close to being finished, because there seem to be at least three volumes still existing or being in the making, oh boy.

Oh, and that last drawing of the volume with Adachi and Shimamura standing there (yeah, descriptive, I know lol) is so goddamn intense! The look on Adachi'a face just conveys so many emotions at once and I really like how she's portrayed in these drawings, because her emotions are always so...raw. It's almost captivating!

Both protagonists really grew on me and now both of them are equally as interesting to me (in the first four Volumes, I was kinda just rooting for Adachi, because to me she was so much more interesting lol, no offense to Shima of course^^).

Now, my most important questions are:
How much will Adachi implode at the beginning of the next chapter? How much will Shimamura get flustered thinking about it in retrospective? Will Adachi's tongue be healed by then? How often will Shimamura's mom call her a moron after finding out about her and Chaotic Gay Adachi "dating"? What could Hino and Nagafuji think about this? Will Tarumi survive all of this? And the most important question: When will Adachi and Shimamura start to get horny or rather, when will they start doing more than just "friend-stuff" and will we survive the wholesomeness and (maybe) drama that might ensue?

I am absolutely thrilled for the upcoming chapters, I can't thank the team and the author enough for making my life better with this story! Thanks!!

PS: Protect Adachi at all costs.

last edited at May 17, 2020 7:25PM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Ok so after rereading this last 2 chapters for 3 times I finally feel ready to comment here. And anticlimatically, it's not really a lot what I have to say but just one important thing: We got to know Shimamura's expressions a lot this volume, like when Adachi asked her if she could call her later when she got home. But the one and most important one was left out, and totally on purpose I'd say, and obiously I mean it at "sure, why not." Don't know about all of you, but I can't help but imagine her giving the most wonderful smile that she could make to Adachi. And hell, I'll be inmensely happy if the next volume starts with that.

last edited at May 17, 2020 8:02PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

And hell, I'll be inmensely happy if the next volume starts with that.

/giggles impishly in QC

To reply you must either login or sign up.