last edited at May 6, 2020 4:57PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Just a normal palm reading

Agreed U-U

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

Soo... she doesn't like her big boobs? o.O
I mean--!!!... 'she doesn't find them normal' alrite... >.>;;;;

I suspect there's something wrong with the translation. Well, either that, or there's some kind of joke that I don't get at all.

I was under the impression that Blonde Classmate had realized that Mako says "normal" to mean "love" (in the scene where she gets a lightbulb over her head) and thus asked Mako about her "normal" for Sayaka to actually make her talk about love.

However, the question is "What parts of Sayaka are not normal?" (meaning: what parts you don't love) and the answer is "Her breasts, because they are so firm and soft." This doesn't make sense. Even less so if you consider Blondie's obvious shock and Sayaka's embarrassed reaction.

If the question was "What parts of Sayaka do you find the most normal?" (meaning: you love the most) everything would be much clearer.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

that's very smart and NORMAL to do palm reading (a.k.a. handholding) OMFG! this is getting so lewd!

joined May 31, 2013

Soo... she doesn't like her big boobs? o.O
I mean--!!!... 'she doesn't find them normal' alrite... >.>;;;;

I suspect there's something wrong with the translation. Well, either that, or there's some kind of joke that I don't get at all.

I was under the impression that Blonde Classmate had realized that Mako says "normal" to mean "love" (in the scene where she gets a lightbulb over her head) and thus asked Mako about her "normal" for Sayaka to actually make her talk about love.

However, the question is "What parts of Sayaka are not normal?" (meaning: what parts you don't love) and the answer is "Her breasts, because they are so firm and soft." This doesn't make sense. Even less so if you consider Blondie's obvious shock and Sayaka's embarrassed reaction.

If the question was "What parts of Sayaka do you find the most normal?" (meaning: you love the most) everything would be much clearer.

It may be a bit confusing, but that's really how it is in the original.

A possible interpretation is that Shiki (the blonde, her name is mentioned in another one-shot) quickly realized that Mako would say "normal" as a denial, so she instead asked "What's not normal?" as in "What are you willing to admit that you like?".

(Or you can just think that what Mako meant is that Sayaka's boobs aren't normal, they are big).

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

A possible interpretation is that Shiki (the blonde, her name is mentioned in another one-shot) quickly realized that Mako would say "normal" as a denial, so she instead asked "What's not normal?" as in "What are you willing to admit that you like?".

Ah, this sounds plausible. It's the most likely explanation.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

A bit disappointed, I was hoping the h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ palm reading turn erotic.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSVL1Jw-C_ERoCjwgkcZAi9fS1dcMkxJjq1RGr7ea2e5otT-RF5&usqp=CAU

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

A bit disappointed, I was hoping the h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ palm reading turn erotic.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSVL1Jw-C_ERoCjwgkcZAi9fS1dcMkxJjq1RGr7ea2e5otT-RF5&usqp=CAU

Woah, don't just go around posting links to images tagged insane amounts of sex so lightly!

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Sayachii is starting to succumb to the power of yuri :)

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

(Or you can just think that what Mako meant is that Sayaka's boobs aren't normal, they are big).

Actually, I think it's better read with that interpretation; Mako pulling a twist and pointing out something that's actually not normal - but somewhat outstanding even? ^^; Well, I'll take it.

Woah, don't just go around posting links to images tagged insane amounts of sex so lightly!

Then I will censor this for you: Whoohooo~!! :)

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Lol, great way to remind me to re-read that manga! :)

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is my favorite manga now. But just in a normal way.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

She keeps saying her friend is weird, but I see nothing weird about her.

joined May 30, 2020

Ah, Just a Normal Manga.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Whew, for a moment I thought someone was going to get shivved.

joined Oct 22, 2018

It's nice to see this again, after such a long time. I am distrubed by the lack of the word "normal" in this chapter, though.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even other people are noticing now.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The part about how "carnage was avoided" made me think that, actually, violence is surprisingly rare in these manga. (Well, 'surprisingly' if we go by American-European standards, of course.) In a yuri love triangle, you'll practically never find a scene where a girl attacks her rival in love and tries to scratch her face or yank her hair off or something. Japanese people sure are civilized, huh?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Did you notice? This is the very first chapter since the beginning of the manga where the word "normal" is never said.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

The part about how "carnage was avoided" made me think that, actually, violence is surprisingly rare in these manga. (Well, 'surprisingly' if we go by American-European standards, of course.) In a yuri love triangle, you'll practically never find a scene where a girl attacks her rival in love and tries to scratch her face or yank her hair off or something. Japanese people sure are civilized, huh?

It’s almost like Yuri is trying to play up the cutesy/sexy/girly factor, and many authors are going to look at fighting as being none of those things.

Also, take a look at the bullying tag if you want to see just how vicious some Yuri works can get.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

the class rep made a good save. everything is back to NORMAL.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

i want the tall girl to confess first

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Murder averted.

And we're back to feeling just normal. :D

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm, honey, you look so ... normal ... in that lingerie ...

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

FeelsNotNormalMan

To reply you must either login or sign up.