Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yukiko do it again lol.

Haven't they made it obvious by now that the reason they aren't "dating" is because they don't feel a need to define their relationship in that way? It's not that they don't love each other, because they do. It's that their relationship simply IS, without needing or wanting to put labels on it.

Yeah it's pretty obvious, and it's pretty interesting that Moka want that kind of relationship without label too.

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

I think the relationship they have is the best one. They're basically life partners. Putting a label on their relationship will bring in expectations and expectations can be brutal. What they have now is just them having each other as a home.

joined Jan 14, 2020

We did get "partner who's something like my girlfriend, my pet cat..." https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#5 Followed by grumpiness about labels.

That's also the chapter that had Kasumi spontaneously kissing Sakurako on the lips when she got home.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Yukiko do it again lol.

Haven't they made it obvious by now that the reason they aren't "dating" is because they don't feel a need to define their relationship in that way? It's not that they don't love each other, because they do. It's that their relationship simply IS, without needing or wanting to put labels on it.

There's a fine, clear label for this. Sexless relationship.

Also, labels are more for other people than yourself. Used to communicate something complicated in a condensed form, so you don't have to talk about it for hours every time someone asks. No, they won't be completely accurate all the time, but it's still useful thing to know how to define how you relate to someone else.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 4:41AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I’d say they’re like sisters. Love each other? Yes. Live together? Yes. It’s just not romantic or sexual.

Labels are there for other people to understand what’s going on. If we don’t use them, we might as well read anout two boys or a girl and a cat, like why putting labels if it’s just lovey-dovey relationship? But I don’t want to read about boys and cats. I want my “labeled” yuri. And the thing is that this is not it. It’s just sisterly relationship, whether you want any labels or not.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’d say they’re like sisters. Love each other? Yes. Live together? Yes. It’s just not romantic or sexual.

Labels are there for other people to understand what’s going on. If we don’t use them, we might as well read anout two boys or a girl and a cat, like why putting labels if it’s just lovey-dovey relationship? But I don’t want to read about boys and cats. I want my “labeled” yuri. And the thing is that this is not it. It’s just sisterly relationship, whether you want any labels or not.

LOL. I rest my case.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ahahahaha.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Hit them with that good girlship shit. Love it.

That's also the chapter that had Kasumi spontaneously kissing Sakurako on the lips when she got home.

She kissed her on the cheek.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 5:47AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think I'm slowly coming to agree with Blastaar's hypothesis.

For the record, I'm 100% with White Rose's hypothesis.

To wit: that these two have been lovers since the moment Kasumi agreed to share a bed with Sakurako (that is, chapter one) and that their relationship is fucking blatantly obvious to the Japanese fans.

The two theories aren't mutually exclusive--I think that the WR theory is essentially correct (for whatever value of 'lovers' anyone wants to assign). But Blax said it quite well:

especially with the author introducing more 'classic' couple who make all the doubter go "Why aren't the MC like that" when the characters are all like "I wish we were like them"

So my hypothesis is that the author's not trolling "us," the believers, but the "on-panel penetrative sex or it's not yuri" crowd.

I don't think the author is "trolling" anyone. She is just writing a cute atypical love story between two women that doesn't fit society's labels. I don't think the author could be any more on the nose about it than this last chapter or a few of the scenes we have had before where Kasumi and Sakurako actively discuss and ponder the nature of their relationship and specifically how it doesn't fit neatly under society's conventional labels such as best friends or girl friends etc.

I always find it funny to see the two primary camps on here arguing since I think both are completely missing the author's point. One side claims basically that these two aren't dating/lovers etc. because we never see anything physical between them beyond what could be passed off as platonic skin ship and thus they are just close friends and nothing more and the other camp which claims that they are basically fucking off screen every time the camera looks away and they are a typical lesbian couple and we just don't get to see the juicy parts.

Chapters like this last one discussing the nature of their relationship go to great lengths to hammer home the point that neither of these scenarios is correct and the deep bond and love Kasumi and Sakurako share simply doesn't fit classic labels and doesn't need to. Just because their relationship is depicted as sexless doesn't mean they are necessarily just friends and conversely it doesn't mean that they are just a typical lesbian couple who just happen to do everything sexual off screen.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Except their relationship can be given plenty of labels. The author not wanting to doesn't mean no one else can. 'Deep bond' and 'love' are classic labels. Their actions have labels, denying reality doesn't make it so. If they are carpet munching every night doesnt mean they can sit there and say they never had sex. Not wanting to be labeled is fine but arguing that no label exists is just wrong.

But hey, at least both sides can finally agree it isn't 'yuri' because that is another rejected label you cant define their relationship as.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 6:54AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

I don't know why, but I got some ominous vibes from this chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Author: “People who argue about labels are missing the point.”

Dynasty readers: “No, we’re not! No, we’re not! No, we’re not!”

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Except their relationship can be given plenty of labels. The author not wanting to doesn't mean no one else can. 'Deep bond' and 'love' are classic labels. Their actions have labels, denying reality doesn't make it so. If they are carpet munching every night doesnt mean they can sit there and say they never had sex. Not wanting to be labeled is fine but arguing that no label exists is just wrong.

But hey, at least both sides can finally agree it isn't 'yuri' because that is another rejected label you cant define their relationship as.

'Deep bond' and 'love' aren't labels. They are adjectives. For something to be a label it basically needs to be a short hand descriptive term for a common more complex collection of attributes. There is no simple label that really accurately captures the relationship these two have. "Life partners" is probably the closest although that label is so generic and broad that it also fails to really give a proper picture of what's going on. Anyway, for me to sit here and bicker about how to label them really is missing the intent of my original post which is that relationships don't need to fit into to neat little cookie cutter categories to have meaning or be valid.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 7:08AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And we miss the question of why Moka still rent an appartement if she basically live in Ruri's house.

joined Jul 26, 2016

And we miss the question of why Moka still rent an appartement if she basically live in Ruri's house.

Well she pretty much just uses it as A) storage for stuff she doesn't want to clutter Ruri's place with B) her mailing address for official matters, presumably because she prefers having some privacy for those.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well she pretty much just uses it as A) storage for stuff she doesn't want to clutter Ruri's place with B) her mailing address for official matters, presumably because she prefers having some privacy for those.

That's funny because for A) Ruri is someone who had a lot of random things stack up and B) Given how much there was letters, i doubt she goes to her appartement very often.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's funny because for A) Ruri is someone who had a lot of random things stack up and B) Given how much there was letters, i doubt she goes to her appartement very often.

I’ve known of plenty of people who at one time or another were basically living with a partner but had another mailing address, whether their parents’ house or another apartment. How common that it is in Japan I don’t know.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I feel something is brewing... what is this uneasiness i feel ....( ಠ_ಠ )

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:48AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I feel something is brewing... what is this uneasiness i feel ....( ಠ_ಠ )

Indigestion. :|

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Ok so considering the chapters are monthly, will we get to see Kasumi's return?

Will this short Sakurako vacation make her heart grow fonder/yonder?

Will Kasumi find her life's calling in social service and leave Sakurako to go help the world?

joined Mar 8, 2019

Them talking about no worries makes me think there will be worries coming...... but luckily this is filled with fluff so if there are problems, it’s resolved in a chapter or two.

joined Feb 16, 2020

damn this theories in here,, how do yall even come up with those words T-T

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I’ve known of plenty of people who at one time or another were basically living with a partner but had another mailing address, whether their parents’ house or another apartment. How common that it is in Japan I don’t know.

I know it's probably not the case here but i will have suspicions if the person i live with use another adress for their mails. Also i don't feel that Moka will be the type to have privacy over those things or in general.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nice chapter, although the whole thing about labels is so blatant that I can't help but wonder if a major shakeup to the status quo is in the works. Also, this kind of felt like a prelude to the end.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also, this kind of felt like a prelude to the end.

Why did you must make me think of that. I wanted a volume on the adult life. But yeah lately the extras has been more focused on Kasumi/Sakurako and their relation for one another. Honestly, 8/9 volumesis already a lot for a Yuri .

To reply you must either login or sign up.