Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Shawn, you and I often have very different takes on stories (not disagreements, necessarily, just different points of interest).

But I’m with you on this one.

Wow thank you Blastaar.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Almost like she is a teenager with raging hormons, oh wait.Seriously, Haruki is just a clueless teenager with boiling hormons and no experience in love. Of course she is not do the things rights, because she don't have experienced yet that kind of things. She also don't know who the teacher is like so she can't know if she is a good person or not. I forsee that people who hate her more after the cafe incident but that make me hate Sei more, she purposely send an after sex pic of Aya to Haruki to taunt her and the fact that Haruki got mad at the cafe was predicatble but hey, gonna hate the girl who stand in the way of the yuri imarite. Anyway, not like i'm waiting Haruki to win in any manner.I don't remember much Yuri where the third wheel in a love triangle win in any way, more so when she is a childhood friend. Can't wait to see the happy end between Sei and Aya after Haruki's suicide.

Edit : Can't believe i comment on that one again.I should stop care about it but for some reasons i can't.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 5:58PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

I want chapter 12(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) perks of reading ch 11 in spanish

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

I hate Haruki so much, she’s violent, hypocrite, nosy and even tried to sexually assault Aya. At least Sei is honest about being trashy and has been telling Aya the truth about how she feels and what she wants from her. Aya isn’t being lied to, she know’s what’s going on and she’s up for it.

And...

The thing with Haruki is she is not acting purely out concern for Aya. She's doing what she is because she's jealous the girl she likes is being taken by someone else, even worse for her it's another woman. Going into Aya's phone to contact Kuro was straight stalkerish. As of right now Aya needs to be weary of both Haruki and Kuro.

Two different comments on mangadex about chapter 9... Getting some deja vu here.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh yeah i didn't read the chapter (because frankly i didn't want to see that again) and the cafe was this chapter. Anyway, i stand on my position. Haruki was her own right to be mad at Sei, even if she is not honest with herself. But whatever, after Aya and Sei take care of the substitute play then there is nothing more left beside maybe Haruki doing something more crazy and losing Aya for real. Funny how i found manga predictable when I don't like it.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hm, I didn't give Haruki much thought because I don't really like her, but if I take a step back and consider what she's done so far...
Haruki is the friendly, sociable childhood friend. She invites Aya to hang out with her friend group as an attempt to include her, but only because its a controlled environment, a space that's under her supervision, people she knows and approved of. Not to mention that Aya isn't up for those offers, so it's not like there's really any chance that Aya would've created meaningful relationships with those girls. In other words, there's no chance Haruki would've lost her position as the only one who's relatively close to her. Haruki knows "everything" about Aya, and she's pretty proud about it. Likely because she's the only one.
The reason why I'm thinking that Haruki doesn't actually care for her to make friends, despite her (half assed) attempts at integrating Aya into her social circle, is because the moment it seems like she's made an online friend, Haruki grows immediately uncomfortable about it.
A person she doesn't know. A part of Aya she doesn't know. Something outside her control. Someone else Aya may become close to. In theory she should be rooting for it, but in reality she doesn't like it.
The actions she takes feel like they're about reestablishing the control she has been losing. She tries to find out who Kuro is, what their relationship is and even tries to get on equal footing as Kuro by trying to reach physical intimacy (cough, assault) with Aya too. When it doesn't work, when Aya's behaviour is outside of her control, she tells Kuro to fuck off instead, the last remaining factor she can try for.
Haruki's goal may be good (to protect Aya from an online predator), but she's doing it all for the wrong reasons. It'd be like someone being upset about an item being stolen, but only they have been wanting to steal it themselves. Her love for Aya is rather selfish and controlling, but she doesn't realise it yet.

Also I feel kinda bad for Aya. From what i understand about her, I don't really see why she's sometimes seen as someone as awful as the other two.
She seems like she's trapped. She's cautious and Kuro realised that, so Kuro toned back the aggro and started making her feel like she has a safe space instead. Because if Aya believes that she has still control over the situation, if Kuro lets her think she has a choice in the matter, then she might just do it of her own accord.
It's now to the extent that to escape the awkwardness of dealing with Haruki, she rather go to Kuro's apartment instead.
I don't think Kuro even realises the extent of Aya's current attachment to her. She looked utterly shocked to see her in her home, to have even cooked for her too.

Lastly, Kuro has a very gentle and heartwarming smile. If I had to describe it in other words, I'd say that she smiles like she wants you to lower your guard. It's very hard to tell which might be calculated and which might really be from genuine happiness.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Aya needs real supportive friends and/or a partner.
Aya has made some typical teenager mistakes, but is not a bad person or doing anything "wrong". Haruki and Kuro should take a long walk off a short pier.

Is no one gonna talk about the fact Kuro took a nude photo of an underage girl without consent and sent it to another underage girl just to upset her? That's so messed up.

Kuro is not honest (she's manipulative) and she's terrible. At least Haruki has the excuse of being a dumb teenager whose panicking (not that that's an excuse for sexual assault, but for the other stuff).

I'm only still here for the boobs because dang the art is nice.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Everyone's motivations are selfish.

I get why Haruki seems like she's concerned about Aya but her motivation for doing all that is pure jealousy. She's acting like she knows what's best for Aya but she's never once asked Aya if she's okay with what's going on with Kuro. That's mostly because she's projecting her own emotions and perhaps she's also afraid of the answer. She talks about liking Aya the way she is and it's because that version of Aya is only accessible for her.

Aya's agreeing to be a replacement but she's so vulnerable that I can easily see her falling for Kuro. She lacks confidence and doesn't really know herself. I get why it seems like she might be trying to turn herself into what Kuro wants, but it seems like she herself doesn't really know what she might like. She's too used to thinking in terms of 'I don't think it suits me,' rather than doing things because its what she wants. She's inexperienced with relationships in general whether it's romantic or platonic. Right now because of Haruki's selfishness, she's finding herself becoming reliant on Kuro's company. She's gradually opening up to Kuro about more personal things and it seems like Kuro's well on her way to becoming her sole source of comfort.

I wonder how many times Kuro's done this before though. Kuro in the earlier chapters seems like a perfect manipulator, preying on the innocent like she's a pro. But as we learn about her own experiences, it almost seems like she's acting out of pure desperation. She has nothing to lose and is lonely, wants to escape the torture of being surrounded by these girls who rile her up and of course the emptiness in her heart due to an unrequited love. She's almost like Aya, hiding her true self from most of the world because she fears she'll be rejected. Though, in her case she knows who she is and what she wants and doesn't really try to hide it when she's outside of school. But I wonder if she's ever had a replacement who knew they were a replacement? Has she ever been this upfront with her past online encounters? Because if it's true that she was just looking to hook up, then why even bother with small talk and daily messaging? Unless she was doing it with multiple people as well.... I mean, she didn't know Aya was a high school student when they started. Sure, that's probably the reason why she pushed harder, but she exerted effort prior to that knowledge.

It makes me think she's making certain to detach herself from Aya not out of malice but because she's trying to sabotage herself. She's making it so Aya will leave one day and she'll be okay with it. She's putting an expiration date on their relations and even agreeing to contact Haruki. She's controlling the outcome of their tryst, making certain Aya will ultimately leave her in the end. I mean, yes she sent a pic of Aya and that was a scummy thing to do, but honestly Haruki was kind of asking for it for inserting herself in their business. I know it hurts Aya too, but she didn't send a full frontal nude or even a sex tape. It's almost like she just wanted to rile Haruki up but not disgrace Aya too much.

Kuro too, wants to love and be loved, but since she's been trapped in her high school world for the past 8 years, she doesn't quite know how to maneuver beyond that realm. I can't wait for the day she calls Aya's name instead of Yoru though.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Hm, I didn't give Haruki much thought because I don't really like her, but if I take a step back and consider what she's done so far...
Haruki is the friendly, sociable childhood friend. She invites Aya to hang out with her friend group as an attempt to include her, but only because its a controlled environment, a space that's under her supervision, people she knows and approved of. Not to mention that Aya isn't up for those offers, so it's not like there's really any chance that Aya would've created meaningful relationships with those girls. In other words, there's no chance Haruki would've lost her position as the only one who's relatively close to her. Haruki knows "everything" about Aya, and she's pretty proud about it. Likely because she's the only one.
[snip]etc.

I hadn't considered that part about Haruki, actually. I think it still relies on a few "if"s - Haruki might not be aware she's doing that, for one, or she could simply only invite her when with those girls because they're her other closest friends and she hopes that her closeness with them will convince Aya they're not bad - but it's plausible enough. That she knows everything about Aya might just be a boast, if she really just doesn't understand Aya as much as she thinks, but if true it certainly would put another context to her actions.

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

Just when I was thinking this manga couldn’t get more fucked up...

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

This is just fucked up....

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Holy cow! I missed the beginning of this series, so I'm a little lost, but this one is a hot mess. I love it. What I've read so far Kurosaki is a garbage person and Aya should get away from her immediately.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I don't like the damned nosey childhood friend. Team Sei all the way!

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Poor Haruki. Aya certainly doesn't deserve her. I hope she can move on, but seeing how this manga has been going so far, I'm afraid the suffering won't end anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Screenshot_20200228-200055__01
joined Apr 22, 2020

Longtime lurker here finally created an account to comment on this glorious trainwreck. I feel like chapter 1--if not the entire series--should have the "Creepy" tag. The way Sei texts Aya after learning that she's a minor is nothing short of disturbing. The barrage of texts, telling Aya it makes her want her more and explicitly stating that she wants to fuck her, and pressuring her into coming to her place with the threat of being cut-off hanging over her head. Aya is naive and made a stupid decision on her part, but in the end she's still a child and not liable to weigh all the options like an adult would. And Sei fucking knew that and capitalized on it.

She's manipulative and predatory and all of that shows just in chapter 1. Plus her overall demeanor is straight up off-putting at times. That being said, I love fucked up stuff like this and can't wait for an update. Just think it's deserving of the "Creepy" tag.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't know if this was asked before, but what exactly is Sei's goal in letting Mochida know she's gay and having a relationship with a high schooler? I don't really see how that helps her in any way, unless she somehow knew she would tell Haruki all about her relationship with Aya. Also, I'm not really sure why Mochida would want to tell Haruki all about the Aya and Kuro's relationship anyway... is she so deluded by her love for whatever that guy's name is that she thinks some random girl would be totally on board with her friend's student-teacher relationship or does she have some grand plan or something? Of course, I could just be missing something obvious.

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 5:14PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

All characters have issues. Including the absent Yoru who didn't make things clear with Kuro and let her drown in her own delusion.

I'm pretty sure Yoru will show up at some point and muddle it up some more.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

drama intensifies
I'm left on the edge of my seat waiting for more delicious drama after very chapter, I like how these characters are, no ones perfect right? Keep it coming!!!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The definition of "it's complicated".

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Meh. One is a jerk who is acting like a jealous girlfriend before she even has the courage to confess. The other is an adult in an authority potion using a confused highschool girl as a surrogate for her old childhood flame. They are both very flawed. However I feel Sei is the worse of the two, she is the one guilty of an actual sex crime. Plus taunting Aya's best friend with pictures of Aya sleeping naked in post coital bliss is some deep deep hentai bulls$%t, that really makes me want to smack her.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Kuro is a f#%&king piece of work. Like a real masterpiece. Like she could have a criminal but not as fucked up thing going, but every time she's presented with the opportunity of doing things not horribly she decides to do the worst thing instead. The naked picture is exact deep hentai bullshit, especially since she obviously knows the score. You wouldn't normally try to make things worse in that situation, she made it worse.

That is a broken person. She needs therapy in the not jokey sense.

Haruki is a kid and being like a kid. She went to far but she backed down in the end. She's not really trying to manipulate Aya, she's just being desperate and stupid and acting like a dumb teen.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Did our spanish friends have just deserted the english thread ? I know they've already it but i thought they would have something to say.Not that people defending Haruki might be of their likings.

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 7:24AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

Meh. One is a jerk who is acting like a jealous girlfriend before she even has the courage to confess. The other is an adult in an authority potion

I wonder what is the effect of an authority potion and how inhabiting it gives you an unfair advantage.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Although I agree with Shawn's reading of the overall situation, I really don't give a shit who's a good person, or who's a less bad person, or what these people would be doing if they were behaving "correctly."

I care about whether these are interesting people doing interesting things, and at this point I have to say, yeah, they are.

Will Kuro be able to transform her obsession with her ex into real affection for Aya?
Will Haruki come to terms with her sexuality?
How will Aya negotiate her need for connection and her sexual desires?

I don't want to be friends with any of these people. I don't want to use of them for role models. I don't want to put my moral stamp of approval or disapproval on their actions.

I want to know what happens to them, and I'm looking forward to finding out.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Will Kuro be able to transform her obsession with her ex into real affection for Aya?

I think it's where the manga is headed

Will Haruki come to terms with her sexuality?

That and letting Aya go.

To reply you must either login or sign up.