Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't red rice supposed to be eaten at weddings?

Special occasions in general (birthdays and the like), but the context here, teasing her about her romantic relationship, makes it pretty clear that they're referencing a wedding tradition.

Great, so I did get the joke.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Why do I feel this ain't going to end well?

Fundrips_bb
joined Jul 20, 2013

Aki’s kinda cool.. I want her to find someone too

I want her to find Momoka.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

So... The jellies have been activated inside Himari. Good. Good.

the real solution here is poly

No.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

What is it with these stories and giving the senpai a friend who is secretly in love with them... and then making that character more attractive and interesting than a kouhai whose personality can be summed up with the words "cute" and "innocent"? I could enjoy the intended couple just fine if you didn't offer me something that's way better halfway through only to instantly revoke it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What is it with these stories and giving the senpai a friend who is secretly in love with them... and then making that character more attractive and interesting than a kouhai whose personality can be summed up with the words "cute" and "innocent"? I could enjoy the intended couple just fine if you didn't offer me something that's way better halfway through only to instantly revoke it.

I will (inevitably) come in once again with my "TOMOLO character" concept: The Other, More Obviously Lesbian One.
("Obviously" to the audience, that is, if not necessarily to the characters in the story.)

Absolute shipping catnip to the audience, 100% guaranteed.

However, at this point it seems like a term with more legs would be to name the trope after its most well-known exemplar:

The Sayaka

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Strangely, I seem to be 100% immune to this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I tend to be too, since I put a lot more weight on the cues the story is sending about where it’s going rather than on connecting to the characters as imaginary people.

And some stories do hold out the possibility that the “Tomolo” has a shot with the MC.

But if you had a dollar for every Dynasty post lamenting the plight of that other character or shipping them with the MCs or hoping for a “Pair the Spares” outcome, you’d have . . . a lot of dollars.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I agree! I really enjoyed this manga at first because the art is so good and the MC is so cute. But they just had to introduce Aki who I am starting to like more. Now it's gonna hurt reading the updates.

Fine, just give me my Whispering You a Love Song: Regarding Mizuguchi Aki.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I tend to be too, since I put a lot more weight on the cues the story is sending about where it’s going rather than on connecting to the characters as imaginary people.

And some stories do hold out the possibility that the “Tomolo” has a shot with the MC.

But if you had a dollar for every Dynasty post lamenting the plight of that other character or shipping them with the MCs or hoping for a “Pair the Spares” outcome, you’d have . . . a lot of dollars.

Where could i get those dollars ?

I agree! I really enjoyed this manga at first because the art is so good and the MC is so cute. But they just had to introduce Aki who I am starting to like more.

To it's less to introduce Aki but more making her part of a somewhat triangle in the story. Everytime you introduce a character for a love triangle and it's a nice character overall then some peoples will ship it with the one she had a crush on. Also did I skip some messages or I'm the only one to have a vibe that the sister of Aki love Himari, especially here.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 10:20AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Where could i get those dollars ?

The good news is you already have them.

The bad news is they're only philosophical dollars. Good for the purchase of ethical dilemma solutions at the theoretical piggly wiggly.

I agree! I really enjoyed this manga at first because the art is so good and the MC is so cute. But they just had to introduce Aki who I am starting to like more.

To it's less to introduce Aki but more making her part of a somewhat triangle in the story. Also did I skip some messages or I'm the only one to have a vibe that the sister of Aki love Himari, especially here.

I figured that page was gonna get some people into the Miki loves Himari camp. I do think that's romantic jealousy so much as just friend-neglect. I've been there. I've been the friend that misses hanging out because my bestie got a new girlfriend. It's frustrating because you want them to be happy but you also miss the attention.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The bad news is they're only philosophical dollars. Good for the purchase of ethical dilemma solutions at the theoretical piggly wiggly.

damn it

I figured that page was gonna get some people into the Miki loves Himari camp. I do think that's romantic jealousy so much as just friend-neglect. I've been there. I've been the friend that misses hanging out because my bestie got a new girlfriend. It's frustrating because you want them to be happy but you also miss the attention.

I founded also ironic to have both sisters in love with each MC.

joined Jul 23, 2019

I wonder why Aki isn't named Sayaka?

Please stop. Lol

I apologize about the question I'm going to ask. It's clear that everyone, except me, already knows the answer. Sorry. Simply assume I have been living in a hole or something.

Who the hell is Sayaka?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Ke_Zukulenzia posted:

Who the hell is Sayaka?

She's Madoka's best friend in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Read Bloom Into You if you haven't already. That'll answer your question.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ke_Zukulenzia posted:

Who the hell is Sayaka?

She's Madoka's best friend in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Read Bloom Into You if you haven't already. That'll answer your question.

I just wanna state for the record that those two and the one from that perfectly normal manga are the only 3 Sayakas I know, with only the YagaKimi one matching Blastaar's TOMOLO definition.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wonder why Aki isn't named Sayaka?

Please stop. Lol

I apologize about the question I'm going to ask. It's clear that everyone, except me, already knows the answer. Sorry. Simply assume I have been living in a hole or something.

Who the hell is Sayaka?

Sayaka Saeki is the character in the very popular yuri series Bloom Into You who epitomizes the type we’ve been talking about—pretty, smart, loyal, filled with integrity, who knows she’s a lesbian, and who is silently in love with one of the main characters.

Sayaka was so popular with readers that the author addressed the issue by spinning her story off into a series of light novels.

The character type doesn’t have to be a good or admirable person—sometimes they’re actively evil, or close to it—but readers do consistently voice sympathy for them, ship them with everybody in sight, and often prefer them to one (or even both) of the main pair of characters.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 2:25PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The character type doesn’t have to be a good or admirable person—sometimes they’re actively evil, or close to it—but readers do consistently voice sympathy for them, ship them with everybody in sight, and often prefer them to one (or even both) of the main pair of characters.

Reminds me of Suigintou in Rozen Maiden. Her relationship with her master Megu, and her rivalry with Shinku, made for a lot of shipping IIRC. If your villain is charismatic enough, they overshadow the main character.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

That last chapter(13)...
They didn't need to flex cuteness so hard like that XD

Those characters sure are something else... everytime the mangaka tries to show their emotions, it gets through me.
I can relate so badly that my chest actually hurts, the difference is that there's a happy ending there(or so i wish, if it's a bad end, the "Cheers, i'll drink to that" meme never felt so relevant lmao)

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 3:34PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The only "TOMOLO"/Sayaka type that ever got me was Yayaka from Flip Flappers (see my profile picture)

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

The only "TOMOLO"/Sayaka type that ever got me was Yayaka from Flip Flappers (see my profile picture)

^Yayaka is my favorite part of flip flapers, wish I could see more content of her

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Right

Right

Right

Aki is more interesting/compelling compared to the kouhai, who wasn't even aware what her feelings were until she faces a tiny bit of jealousy. If Aki wasn't involved in this way I would've liked the main pairing just fine

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That last chapter(13)...
They didn't need to flex cuteness so hard like that XD

Those characters sure are something else... everytime the mangaka tries to show their emotions, it gets through me.
I can relate so badly that my chest actually hurts, the difference is that there's a happy ending there(or so i wish, if it's a bad end, the "Cheers, i'll drink to that" meme never felt so relevant lmao)

If this series has a bad end coming, I will

A) Eat my hat

B) Sob uncontrollably

C) Add Takashima Eku-Sensei to my mental list of top 5 real-life supervillians.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I founded also ironic to have both sisters in love with each MC.

Yeah, that's a little too cute for me, which Is why I'm hoping this is more just friend-jealousy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this series has a bad end coming, I will

A) Eat my hat

I’m pretty sure your hat is safe. Has there ever been a series this fluffy that ultimately reversed into a Bad End?

I can think of plenty of exponentially darker series that ended happily, but not the other way around.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I can't tell if Muzuguchi is playing fair or dirty here…

It sure would be nice if Himari flat-out told Yori "nah, I don't love you that way" after the concert and Mizuguchi was there at the rebound. =þ

To reply you must either login or sign up.