Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Ohno
joined Nov 13, 2018

The conversation seem to have gone on a tangent...

No doubt some would say, thankfully so.

The great ice-cream argument of 2020 will be one for the history books!!!
Also, I'm on the "it doesn't spoil" faction.... There's currently a half tub in the freezer that moved from the previous house getting close to 9 years ago and it looks fine.... apart from all its frost bite (that icey shit that grows on stuff in the freezer)

My legacy.....

I still think it's important to point out that since we know that the specific brand mentioned is Haggen-Dasz, we know that that ice cream would have had a plastic seal under the lid. This means that even if this was some weird ice cream that spoiled and started to smell, there would have been an extra barrier keeping the foul odor from permeating the freezer.

joined Jan 17, 2020

new chapter just got released
get the fuck over yourself kaoru

Link??

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Fully re-read... I has theory..... Maybe Risako broke it off with Reichii so he'd go take care of Kaoru? I know Risako agrees with Kaoru when she says he left her but she is apparently a good liar? And maybe before she fell down the stairs it was Reichii trying to get back together with Risako, so she lied to Kaoru when she said she hadn't seen Reichii since Christmas.... unless she developed feelings for Reichii in the time she was with him and is cheating, which I don't want to believe.... I sorta have faith in Risako. Also it probs looks like I'm hating on Reichii but he did the whole "what am I doing?!" *hits wall in anger at self" bit in earlier chapters. Either way, once again I'm interested to see where this is going

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Link??

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ta4WumU
it's cute and makes me happy to see them together again but of course kaoru gotta make shit all about herself

Looking at the raws, I really want Uta to be happy with Kaoru, but damn my girl deserves better than this.

joined Jun 7, 2019

They are not here but there are some extras (already translated in Spanish) where one is about Kuroe and Miyabi and another is from Kaoru's friend and the bisexual girl with brown hair (I can't remember their names D :)

joined Jun 7, 2019

Link??

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ta4WumU
it's cute and makes me happy to see them together again but of course kaoru gotta make shit all about herself

There is already a translation on a facebook page in Spanish but it is easier to translate in case you want to search

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And there is already an english translation on Mangadex butDynasty will wait the CT translation.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

And there is already an english translation on Mangadex butDynasty will wait the CT translation.

Cool, someone else must have translated already, since these sites don't have their own teams.

Also I just saw MUL promoted on twitter under the Anime category. Wonder if that means this story is getting more mainstream...
There barely has been any good yuri in anime and manga for ages, so if more people are picking this up besides the niche yuri fans it's a good thing.

joined Jan 17, 2020

Oh god. I seriously thought Kaoru was going to jump on Uta.

joined Jul 21, 2016

I just read ch 32 and wow Kaoru is so gay for Uta even if she doesn't know it

joined Jan 17, 2020

She really is...it's surprising how she has like zero introspection on how her attachment for Uta goes way beyond 'sisterly love'.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

^I don't see that tbh

joined Jan 17, 2020

Really? You think at this point it's just sisterly love?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

At this particular point, I'd say it's pretty hard to pick any one particular ingredient out of the overcooked stew that is Kaoru's psyche.

Gotta hand it to the author, given what we know (and don't know) about the character (and excluding probabilities about where the narrative is going or how soon it might be ending), the options for Kaoru's next move in regard to Uta are pretty much wide open:

• K jumps U's bones
  • K begs U to come back and make things like they were before
  • K admits her deeper feelings about U and wishes to explore them
  • K deputizes U to find out what's up with her brother
  • K wants to run away with U to live in Kuro's apartment building (no, wait that's more that other series)
  • K thanks U for coming and sends her on her way back home
  • K thinks about doing something but doesn't do it

I'm on tenterhooks here . . .

joined Dec 9, 2014

I just think that it needs more than just a hand holding from Kaoru to outnumber all the chapters the author took to convince us Kaoru can't see Uta this way. And yes, it can be sisterly love too, because Uta is the only one Kaoru has left and she's desperate af for someone to support her.

But kudos to the author, this is literally the first time in a story I root for them to not get together, despite leaving some crumbs which can even work in yuribait stories for the shipping side.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 10:20AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hm... Hmmmm. Well it's not come to the worst case scenario I felt was about to happen. On the other hand Uta hasn't left yet. I shouldnt have read just one chapter again, it just leaves too many cliffhangers.

The "the role she wants for me is supposed to end here" part does go into the same vein of what I thought however. Something that gives Uta hope and will plant the seed for a reversal.

Either way I am positively surprised that both of them directly addressed the issue for once. Kaoru can still say more, but I wonder if she will ever confide that strongly in Uta without a huge push.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

"and rei-kun... you love him and he's important to you, and that won't change, right?"
nods
fuckingkaoru

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

fuckingkaoru

Same, TBH.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:17PM by Nezchan

joined Feb 14, 2019

I just think that it needs more than just a hand holding from Kaoru to outnumber all the chapters the author took to convince us Kaoru can't see Uta this way. And yes, it can be sisterly love too, because Uta is the only one Kaoru has left and she's desperate af for someone to support her.

But kudos to the author, this is literally the first time in a story I root for them to not get together, despite leaving some crumbs which can even work in yuribait stories for the shipping side.

I agree that no clear sign of romantic feelings from Kaoru, but I'm not sure about "can't see Uta this way" precedent, she has never explicitly rejected it, it has always just been about not being available. It is progress that we now have a clear sign that knowing Uta's feelings hasn't made Kaoru at all uncomfortable being close to her, or changed her feelings of trust and comfort about her.

Kaoru/Uta romance wise I feel like the net effect is about neutral, but with a bias to future change, since it is clear Uta is taking a more active and deliberate approach (for the first time she has explicitly encouraged Kaoru to seek help from others - for her own good), and Kaoru has finally talked about her anxieties, and promised to talk about it to Reiichi which should trigger a change in her marital situation, one way or another.

I was off with my predictions, should have known better! (though I guess Uta did take action, which did lead Kaoru to talk). Telling Kaoru to take better care of herself and ask for help sooner is quite mature (letting go of her "special comforter" role, but not her concern about Kaoru's wellbeing), and makes more sense than confronting Reiichi since as far as Uta knows Reiichi has no clue how bad things are (she knows Kaoru tends to hide it, and hasn't seen most times Reiichi has brushed off Kaoru's appeals for company).

joined Jun 25, 2017

I just read ch 32 and wow Kaoru is so gay for Uta even if she doesn't know it

Right?

My thoughts exactly.

We've already waited years for Kaoru to confront Reichi. What's another year for some UTA/Kaoru development. I see it too. Kaoru seems to grow when UTA is around. That's what love should be. And she always unconsciously reaches her hand for her, clinging.

joined Jun 25, 2017

She really is...it's surprising how she has like zero introspection on how her attachment for Uta goes way beyond 'sisterly love'.

I think once she realizes her and Reichi aren't good together. And Reichi could be happier with someone else... She will realize. (Crossing fingers) because already so unaware of it... She clings to UTA, she smiles with UTA, she shines and grows when UTA is around. They both do when they are together.

joined Jun 25, 2017

"and rei-kun... you love him and he's important to you, and that won't change, right?"
nods
fuckingkaoru

Same fam.

I just hope by the end of this manga, all the pain would have been worth it.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:17PM by Nezchan

joined Dec 9, 2014

nods

The author has literally taken chapters upon chapters of showing Kaoru is not into Uta this way and really just loves Reiichi, but shows one chapter of desperation from Kaoru calling Uta because she has no one else to talk to but then you get surprised and disappointed.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Wait, isn't this series part of the Yuri Hime publication? Something gay has gotta happen at the end.

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 11:38AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.