Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

ugh. <3

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

It felt like amazing development..... then Asahi and her thoughts..... gahd dyammit!

last edited at Apr 3, 2020 7:14AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Nice nice thing are starting to heat up
I like it!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

"Aren't you going to wash your hands?"
Lmao very fitting to the current worldwide situation.

Also, I get weird shipping vibes between Subaru and her sister.
Am I the only one? I know this is not on purpose, but if they weren't sisters it would feel like a possible love triangle.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MacySan posted:

"Aren't you going to wash your hands?"
Lmao very fitting to the current worldwide situation.

Am I the only one? I know this is not on purpose, but if they weren't sisters it would feel like a possible love triangle.

NO! Subaru is mine MIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem ... eeh... I mean, it would be nice if she gets a lover too but maybe making both sisters gay might be a bit of a stretch

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

NO! Subaru is mine MIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem ... eeh... I mean, it would be nice if she gets a lover too but maybe making both sisters gay might be a bit of a stretch

Why would it be a stretch? There are mangas (actually a great deal of the Yuri mangas) that the majority of the girls are not straight.
But I like how this bothered you more than the sisters being into each other lol.

If she gets a lover I hope it's a gf :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

whoa calm down Mochi

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i think it's more like she's onee-san and okaa-san at the same time. she's been taking care of her for a long time, and has probably focused all her attention towards keeping her safe to the point where she's detached herself from everything else.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

whoa calm down Mochi

Yeah I dont see that, clearly whats meant by it is that her whole life was lost (dead parents) except from her younger sister and she has "lived on" for her to basically parent her and give her a reason to continue living, even if they werent related this would feel like a more sibling energy than anything else.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

whoa calm down Mochi

Yeah I dont see that, clearly whats meant by it is that her whole life was lost (dead parents) except from her younger sister and she has "lived on" for her to basically parent her and give her a reason to continue living, even if they werent related this would feel like a more sibling energy than anything else.

Right--Subaru's whole request to Hinako is explicitly to "free [Asahi] from" her extreme feelings of responsibility for her younger sister. That's not at all what she would do or how she would put it if there were romantic feelings involved (either mutual or one-sided either way).

They just seem like sisters who are really close for completely understandable reasons.

joined Mar 25, 2019

This is going to be the new no 1 yuri and fill the hole YagaKimi left behind. I can feel it.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

This is fluffier than pancakes!

I am so happy this story hasn't gone full angst... yet.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I want to buy this.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is seriously one of the best stories around, yuri or not. The yuri is just icing.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

I need... more..

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Because I am an idiot, I haven't read this since the first chapter. Because I am an idiot I read the rest all in one go.
And now we are suddenly YagaKimi.
Okay jokes aside, what a pleasant surprise. The first chapter was a pretty good hook, but I didn't expect it to really go that in depth with its concepts. How lovely. It may be a silly comparison, but Asahi does remind me of Touko from YagaKimi after all. And Hinako even goes with the whole "I don't understand love" angle. Oh my.

This sort of thing happens all too often for those who are left behind... to cling to anything that can make them go on. But "living for her sake" means you give up on yourself! Asahi has only her sister, but she doesn't feel lonely, because Subaru is all that matters. And as the mirror image, Hinako has everything on the surface, but still feels lonely, because she doesn't like herself. So the one who gave up on herself and the one who can't accept herself are here to mend each other. This is my favorite kind of story~

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

So, for Asahi, Hinako is the crescent moon and Subaru is the stars?
And for Hinako, Asahi is doughnuts?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ through intermittened awkward laughter: I effing guess?

last edited at Apr 4, 2020 6:23AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There's a "stick her finger in the hole and eat it" joke here somewhere...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ muffled, yet high-pitched: How the fuck did I not notice that before you pointed it out?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^Eh? That joke has been made since chapter 1 lol

last edited at Apr 5, 2020 7:18AM

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

There's a "stick her finger in the hole and eat it" joke here somewhere...

Wait, what!??? I didn't think of it that way! I just thought that the name of this manga is "Crescent Moon and Doughnuts" so if Hinako is crescent moon, Asahi must be doughnuts. There is nothing more in my mind when I type that sentence.

My heart (not always, but at that time) is pure!
(But i like what you interpreted here. lol)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Can always count on me for gutterbrain or terrible puns. At least I'm good for something, lol

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

I hope this can be buyable in English someday

joined Oct 10, 2016

Love triangle, but a very awkward one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.