Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

One thing I'm hoping for long term is for a little crossover in the side stories. Like it would be just delightful to have a scene of the other girls talking about just what is the deal with adachi and shinamura exactly. Or for shinamura to start noticing that her little sister is acting a lot like someone with a crush and what her reaction to that would be.

Or for Shimamura to love Adachi.

we're slowly getting there

joined Jan 25, 2017

I actually really like Adachi going "nah actually I really don't like most other people and I'm different from Shimamura that way and I'm okay with that." Self-awareness and self-acceptance are important.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Wow, that was an amazing and emotional ending to this first half of the summer-break-arc (the drawing is freaking beautiful). Had me on the edge of my seat, because I always get so invested in what Adachi has to say (or think, or shout lol), and I think that she is the best character in this novel, she just feels so real, while also being exaggerated, hard to describe.

Now I'm really interested in Shimamura's point of view, I mean she can't possibly just shrug everything after the festival off, can she? And Taru's opinion on this could also be pretty interesting.

Also the side stories give me life, Shou and Yashiro are just so cute and innocent and Hino + Nagafuji is what AdaShima is supposed to be lol (but that's also what I like about "Adachi to Shimamura", it's going on forever, but still manages to not get boring imo).

So hyped for the next volume (and also hyped for the first volume releasing in my country this year, can't wait to buy it)!
Thanks to Sneikkimies again, great work!

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 6:35PM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Plot twist, Shimamura screams "I love you! I love Adachi!" on her bike ride home. Oh, how I wish this were true haha, but being more serious, I don't think Adachi will have anymore self doubt that what she feels for Shimamura is in fact love. I, for one, am glad Adachi reaffirms that she is truly an introvert and I would have called BS if she suddenly forced herself to be more social and succeeded in a single day. Adachi is an extreme case of an introvert and she can totally get better at being more social, just not so fast (hell, could be years). I think Adachi wants to work on not being such a big introvert but not right now, because whats important right now is Shimamura and that comes first to our adorable fluffy ball of a gay teen that is Adachi. Anyways, I wonder if the glasses girl really was Adachi's middle school library committee "acquaintance?" (not sure what to call her). Oh, and how great was Shou and Yachii's extra mini chapter at the end, how bold of them to do that while naked together in the tub. Lastly, and as always, thank you Sneik for the hard work you put in to translate the series.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Ever since the phone call it definitely felt like Shimamura's had a lot more stuff going on in her head than Adachi picked up on. Even when they were leaving after karaoke it seemed like Shima wanted to keep hanging out or wanted to say something, she was acting weird.

joined Oct 9, 2019

What a great chapter.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

iwth Adachi now apparently ready to confess I wonder if when that would happen it would be Adachi's POV, it would be amusing if she did while on a Shimamura chapter, getting to see Adachi doing her biggest move yet during Shimamura's POV would be pretty fun I think!

joined Jan 25, 2017

I'll be fairly surprised if that isn't exactly what happens.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like if the confession was to happen in an Adachi chapter, all we'd get for Shimamura's reaction would be a "Wow, cool".

joined Mar 30, 2016

I feel like we’ve all discussed what Adachi might possibly have but never Shimamura. Her current personality seems to stem from some sort of suppression especially compared to her younger self. Are there any disorders known to suppress yourself?

last edited at Feb 28, 2020 3:10AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Been wondering about the fact that Adachi is already part of the work force at that funktastic restaurant. What kind of tips do you think she gets?
What kind of tip would you leave her?
A. 15-20 percent of the bill.
B. No tip.
C. All the money.
D. All of some elses money.
E. Shimamura.

E. Shimamura.

Obviously.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I feel like if the confession was to happen in an Adachi chapter, all we'd get for Shimamura's reaction would be a "Wow, cool".

"Well, whatever. Sure"

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Ugh I CAN'T THIS IS SO GOOD!!! I relate with Adachi wayyy too much to be normal. But real talk, that scene on the bike was just awesome. I hope the best for Adachi's future with Shimamura.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

"Well, whatever. Sure"

"I couldn't help but feel a sudden confession like that was very Adachi-like."

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

"Well, whatever. Sure"

"And i thought 'What a pain' "

"Well, whatever. Sure"

"And i thought 'What a pain' "

"But there's no way she means me, she must be talking about the Shimamura store"

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

The "Shimamura quote"-comments are hilarious xD
I love it!

joined Jan 25, 2017

They're going to be having their first kiss and Shimamura's going to be thinking all "huh, I wonder why Adachi's tongue is halfway down my throat. Is my little sister going to start doing this too??"

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

On their wedding day: "Wait, when did I agree to get married? Oh well, calling it off now sounds troublesome."

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

On their wedding day: "Wait, when did I agree to get married? Oh well, calling it off now sounds troublesome."

Putting like that, Shima sound like Kasumi from Futaribeya.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

"Don't have sex with me without asking, Adachi."
"Shimamura, can we... Have sex?"
"You really want to, huh? Well, sure, I guess."

Meanwhile, Adachi still wonders if Shimamura actually cares about her.

last edited at Feb 28, 2020 9:16PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Shima IS very Kasumi-like insofar as her very lackadaisical approach to a lot of things, lol

joined Jan 25, 2017

Shima IS very Kasumi-like insofar as her very lackadaisical approach to a lot of things, lol

I'm SO excited for us to finally get to Actual Dating Content and see how Shimamura processes things.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

"Don't have sex with me without asking, Adachi."
"Shimamura, can we... Have sex?"
"You really want to, huh? Well, sure, I guess."

Meanwhile, Adachi still wonders if Shimamura actually cares about her.

I am not sure about this. I have a strong feeling that Shimamura will be the aggressive one once they're in a relationship. She's a top, I bet. Lol

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I am not sure about this. I have a strong feeling that Shimamura will be the aggressive one once they're in a relationship. She's a top, I bet. Lol

I think Shimamura is more of a power bottom. Cuz I'm pretty sure Adachi will be the one to "provide service".

To reply you must either login or sign up.