Forum › Picture of Tears discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

hey guys, hope you like this one!

as there are only two chapters out right now, we really don't know where this one is headed. i mainly wanted to do it because i think the art is neat. this is the first thing out by tatami yuka, except for a one shot version of this that came out a while back.

it might get super het, or maybe get super gay. (my fingers are crossed for gay.) but we really don't know yet. we'll update the tags as we know more.

enjoy.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Well this one could certainly go either way. The art style is amusing

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

loos greath i ove the style

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, so far she found a common interest with the boy and she realise she hate the girl so dunno. Maybe you can interpret her indifference and the kiss as jealousy but who now.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

A promising start, and interesting art to boot. No idea what direction it's headed, but I'm plenty willing to go along for the ride!

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

It's a promising start so I'm just going with the flow and also Idk why but when I see the art style it just somehow reminds me of Popeye (the tv show) maybe cuz that childhood friend reminds me of olive? Like page 3..probably just me

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 7:43PM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Non-moe art? Rikos eyes alone are a 10 on the moeblob-scale.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I've always found the name of that tag inappropriate for the way it is used.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I like this art style! This definitely has a vibe that all of these characters are going to fucking miserable in a bit.

I look forward to more!

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

LMFAO

What the fuck is up with those highlights in the hair? They look like kanji yet they are not, very interesting.

Also someone set lose a bunch of giraffes. I can understand this is an amateur artist and I hope to see their artwork improve.

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 7:55PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Am kind of getting yandere vibes from RIko, though there's nothing to back it up...yet

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

LMFAO

What the fuck is up with those highlights in the hair? They look like kanji yet they are not, very interesting.

Also someone set lose a bunch of giraffes. I can understand this is an amateur artist and I hope to see their artwork improve.

the art is done that way on purpose. they are an assistant to another mangaka, and they can draw more traditional art if they want, but they are clearly going for something different here.

Am kind of getting yandere vibes from RIko, though there's nothing to back it up...yet

same tbh

edit: merged a double post UwU

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 9:04PM

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

Yasuyuki Okamura is awesome, and I love the artstyle. Loved the reference to the Step Up Love music video on pages 19-20.
this is how i think the story will go : some romance with the boy that will cause conflict with Riko because she has a thing for Sae, hence why she asked why Sae never took her pics and why she ignored the crush topic. like runrin said it could go gay too, the mangaka purposely set a romantic tone through the art and Sae's monologue on pages 12-13.
i love yuri but don't mind either way, i like yasuyuki okamura boy. i wonder what riko's like and the artstyle is different. can't wait for more.
thank you for working on this

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I've always found the name of that tag inappropriate for the way it is used.

to me the style is kind of like a mildly deranged combination of shoujo and western styles. there are definitely moe moments, but not in the way you'd expect.

maybe thats why shadesan gets yandere vibes. the art feels off in a way.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I rather like the art style. It's really refreshing to see drastically different art styles compared to the manga norm.

And yeah, Riko seems to have a thing for Sae. Noticing her every movement, prioritizing her opinions, wanting to constantly be around her, ignoring her crush talk. I may just have my Yuri goggles permanently affixed to my face but Riko probably took her first kiss out of jealousy and she didn't want the boy Sae's crushing on to get it first. It's funny, Sae thinks the world revolves around Riko but it looks like Riko's world revolves around Sae. Why does Riko call her Koedo-chan though?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Let me copy what I Said in MD + some extra thoughts: Well the beautiful girl is obviously in love with her but our protagonist... not so much or not at all lo/
But I do love how artistic this is, or more like... romantic, and not romance as in love between the characters but in the narrative sense, how she embellish every little thing so poetically and I really resonate with her vision as creator/artist.

And of course, I'm a yuri fan but when she was alone in that dark room and the guy said those words I of course thought it was the nicest moment, but the kiss didn't really happen (well, in retrospective, it makes sense, it was too fast).

Itxcs posted:

Page 3 bottom panel is super scary tbh!

Page 5 Cover

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Look at 'em shoesss yoooooooo they look LEGIT!! is like it came from Boku No Hero hahaha, someone knows what shoes she has? I need them!

So anyway, thanks!

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

yeah, I don't know about the rest of you, but its horrible artstyle don't let me read it...

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If people still need proof of how good the art is and the talent in it, check out the backgrounds and objects.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Serenata, glad you like it! I agree that the moment in the dark room is really cute. you described it as "artistic," and i agree. i'd guess the photography theme and unique art probably comes from a mangaka that has been studying art/around art students for a long time. Sae reminds me of a ton of my art school friends.

Altair is right. the details in the art are really wonderful. i particularly like the attention to objects like the camera, magazine, accessories, and the equipment in the dark room. i only wish that the pages that are posted were higher resolution so we could enjoy it more. 700x1000 is really rough.

joined Aug 21, 2017

furiously rubs hands together
dis gon be good

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 11:44PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Love the art and atmosphere but the idea of her kissing her friend she suddenly hated urkes me. However does remind me of a Manga where two girls go out with each other then try to jump off a bridge but end up realizing they hated each other.

My%20melody%20heart
joined Jul 5, 2018

Love the art and atmosphere but the idea of her kissing her friend she suddenly hated urkes me. However does remind me of a Manga where two girls go out with each other then try to jump off a bridge but end up realizing they hated each other.

That anthology was an incredible read! But yeah i agree it has similar vibes

joined Jul 26, 2016

This middle frame tho lmao

Next thing you know they'll have a secret handshake going...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I like everything about this set up, the only thing I cant agree with is that the pretty girl is pretty. Her EYES they are (madoka forbid) TOO big

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I now really want to read this, what's it called?

To reply you must either login or sign up.